The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby twosheds » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:02 pm

bennymacca wrote:You call it fence sitting, I call it trying to keep a little balance from all the hyperbole that gets sprouted around here.

It clearly hadn't been the best thing for the comp. But it hasn't been the worst either. If anything it hasn't really added or detracted much at all. Besides the strength of Port Adelaide. Honestly still think that if port were bottom most of you guys would be saying suck shit this is what you wanted, rather than wanting them kicked out.

Oh dear .
Got to love how you think you know what "WE" are all thinking.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:You call it fence sitting, I call it trying to keep a little balance from all the hyperbole that gets sprouted around here.

It clearly hadn't been the best thing for the comp. But it hasn't been the worst either. If anything it hasn't really added or detracted much at all. Besides the strength of Port Adelaide. Honestly still think that if port were bottom most of you guys would be saying suck shit this is what you wanted, rather than wanting them kicked out.

You think wrong. Or maybe not, but Aerie makes great points.................

but your viewpoint is whinging.

Or maybe not.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby RB » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Benny reminds me of Fox News - 'fair & balanced'.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby holden78 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:34 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Its all about INTEGRITY and a level playing field for all clubs.

Yes thats right especially the SANFL clubs.

Why do some of these so called SANFL supporters ??? not see the difference between a AFL team and a SANFL team ????????

Do we live in a society full of sheep and we believe what CEO'S from AFL and SANFL CLUBS and the media SPRUIK ???

Got a mate long time Magpie supporter who i used to go to Alberton with to watch the Maggies but since 97 gave them away to follow the Power.

He has been missing in action for all these years

Guess what out of the blue phones me and says do yah wantt to go to Alberton and see the Magpies on Sunday had to explain to him they are the Power RESERVES and anyway its my BYE and i am not going !!!!

We debate the whole debacle.

He says the AFL sides are great for the competition crowds are up great media coverage the usual spiel.

Told him i will never ever go back to Alberton !!

Yeah right its taken an AFL side thats strung EIGHT wins in a row to get him back to Alberton.

One word.

BANDWAGONER

It's not easy being honest and correct, all I can say is stick with the Dogs and fight for a better comp then this rushed, doctored/ butchered version that's been thrown together in 2014.
holden78
League - Best 21

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 55 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Most SANFL supporters between 1990 and 2013 had become accustomed to having AFL players allocated to their local SANFL teams and therefore were playing under the same rules and conditions.

I have given this AFL RESERVES debacle some thought.

I do not know if this concept has been thought of before but my idea is.

As the Magpies were killed off last year we now have Eight traditional SANFL clubs remaining.

I propose the the Power align themselves with FOUR SANFL clubs eg Central District North Adelaide Woodville West Torrens and South Adelaide.

The Crows align themselves with Four SANFL clubs as well Norwood Glenelg Sturt and West Adelaide.

Thus no more BYES as well.

Each AFL club will then allocate FIVE AFL players to each of the four SANFL clubs to which it is aligned to 4 x 5 = 20 players.

Those AFL players who cannot make the SANFL league team will also be able to play in the SANFL reserves.

With this set up the competition once again becomes a level playing field with every team once again under the same rules.

The only drawback is that their will no longer be a Magpie team but we must remember they were killed off last year.

Fellow posters what are your thoughts would this work ???????
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby matt35 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Not going to happen. AFL clubs are not going to agree to revert back to a system where their players are split among other clubs, not necessarily played in the positions the AFL clubs want etc. What you are proposing is basically a shift back to the previous system, which I know would suit the majority of posters on this whinge thread, but it's just not going to happen. Tinkering around the edges of the new system is about the best you will get I suspect.

As for the constant Magpies no longer exist rubbish I see running through this laughable thread, you people remind me of climate change deniers. The truth stares you in the face, but you all still scream it's not real it's not real! Magpies in the SANFL, Power in the AFL, it's actually not real hard!
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby tipper » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:08 pm

matt35 wrote:Not going to happen. AFL clubs are not going to agree to revert back to a system where their players are split among other clubs, not necessarily played in the positions the AFL clubs want etc. What you are proposing is basically a shift back to the previous system, which I know would suit the majority of posters on this whinge thread, but it's just not going to happen. Tinkering around the edges of the new system is about the best you will get I suspect.

As for the constant Magpies no longer exist rubbish I see running through this laughable thread, you people remind me of climate change deniers. The truth stares you in the face, but you all still scream it's not real it's not real! Magpies in the SANFL, Power in the AFL, it's actually not real hard!

jesus H ******* christ.... the bit i bolded above is so far off base i wonder if you have actually read and understood any of the posters that are against the reserves sides... is english your second language? (or fifth??)

apart from apache's suggestion (which i disagree with) i havent seen anywhere that anyone has said we should revert back. what you afl bootlickers fail to understand yet again, the "whingers" as you so like to call us, werent against change at all, we were against this change. take the reserves sides and **** them off elsewhere. where to? i couldnt give a flying rats tossbag. i just dont want them in the sanfl.

they shouldnt be in our league, never should have even been considered. i may have been sympathetic to them if they wanted to join the sanfl reserves, but i didnt like that idea either, i could however see more merit in it that having them in the league. too late for that now, and it wasnt good enough for the fruit tingles anyway.

i dont want north to have afl rejects changing our side week to week. i am happy they are gone, and as i see it, so far it is the only benefit of the reserves sides. however we still would have had that benefit if they went off to the amateurs, so moot point.

agree that the situation will never revert to what it was, but that is a good thing, i and many other "whingers" dont want it to. my only hope is that the reserves sides are voted out and this abortion in a bucket that the league has become can be put out of its misery. i dont reckon it will happen though, the people who get to make the decisions dont have the intestinal fortitude to stand up when it matters, but hey, a bloke can dream cant he?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby RB » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:05 pm

matt35 wrote:As for the constant Magpies no longer exist rubbish I see running through this laughable thread, you people remind me of climate change deniers. The truth stares you in the face, but you all still scream it's not real it's not real! Magpies in the SANFL, Power in the AFL, it's actually not real hard!
Whether they're called the Magpies or wear the prison bars is fairly trivial, but the change from being a sovereign club for the last 137 seasons to a reserves teams is the reason why we maintain that the Magpies are, in substance, dead. It's actually not real hard.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:54 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Most SANFL supporters between 1990 and 2013 had become accustomed to having AFL players allocated to their local SANFL teams and therefore were playing under the same rules and conditions.

As the Magpies were killed off last year we now have Eight traditional SANFL clubs remaining.

I propose the the Power align themselves with FOUR SANFL clubs eg Central District North Adelaide Woodville West Torrens and South Adelaide.

The Crows align themselves with Four SANFL clubs as well Norwood Glenelg Sturt and West Adelaide.

Each AFL club will then allocate FIVE AFL players to each of the four SANFL clubs to which it is aligned to 4 x 5 = 20 players.

Those AFL players who cannot make the SANFL league team will also be able to play in the SANFL reserves.

With this set up the competition once again becomes a level playing field with every team once again under the same rules.

The only drawback is that their will no longer be a Magpie team but we must remember they were killed off last year.

No ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Most SANFL supporters between 1990 and 2013 had become accustomed to having AFL players allocated to their local SANFL teams and therefore were playing under the same rules and conditions.

No, how about no AFL players in our comp at all. That is a far better proposal
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Allowing AFL reserves into the SANFL hS not only ****** up the league, it's also ****** up safooty. I've never known it so quiet in here
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 pm

johntheclaret wrote:Allowing AFL reserves into the SANFL hS not only ****** up the league, it's also ****** up safooty. I've never known it so quiet in here

It'll Rev up again tomorrow when there's some real games mate.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby topsywaldron » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:39 pm

matt35 wrote:As for the constant Magpies no longer exist rubbish I see running through this laughable thread, you people remind me of climate change deniers. The truth stares you in the face, but you all still scream it's not real it's not real! Magpies in the SANFL, Power in the AFL, it's actually not real hard!

You're right, it's not that hard.

Magpies exist in name only.

Sorted that out for you so you can spout more Crowtard crap about how the SANFL's future success revolves around the two AFL teams.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby wild dog » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:36 am

UK Fan wrote:

You think wrong. Or maybe not, but Aerie makes great points.................

but your viewpoint is whinging.

Or maybe not.

Yep this c@nt is no fence sitter, nosirreeee. On the other hand...
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby wild dog » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:39 am

Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Allowing AFL reserves into the SANFL hS not only ****** up the league, it's also ****** up safooty. I've never known it so quiet in here

Any stats for this year. Not visits but actual contributions for SANFL. Seems like the afl is healthy.
wild dog
Under 18s

Postby wild dog » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:50 am

Your Analogy is ascew. The hypothesis has been presented and the numbers are being crunched. In terms of the analogy You're the denier.
wild dog
Under 18s

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:06 am

wild dog wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Any stats for this year. Not visits but actual contributions for SANFL. Seems like the afl is healthy.

Good point.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:09 am

johntheclaret wrote:

No ;)

Hey JTC don't get me wrong i am totally with you my first preference is that these two AFL interloping parasites FAAAAAARKKKK OFF out of our competition.

However should there be any involvement i would prefer the lesser of two evils and that is having FIVE AFL listed players allocated to each of the EIGHT sovereign SANFL teams.

Yes you are right the inteerst in this site has waned because of their intrusion.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby matt35 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:28 am

@Wild Dog, nothing wrong with the analogy. The problem is that some people will deny reality because it doesn't suit them, even if it stares them in the face. That applies to both subjects I mentioned.
No Surrender!
matt35
Under 18s

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby tipper » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:07 pm

well looks like you have admitted your problem mat, thats good, im told admitting it is the first step.....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL