The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby RB » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:22 pm

Macca19 wrote:
Aerie wrote:I did start writing this in the Sturt vs Port thread, but quickly realised it was a big whinge...

Another game decided by the ridiculous advantages Port have been given with the top ups. How can Nathan Krakouer be allowed to play as a top up. Age 26, 2 AFL clubs, not a Port junior.

Krakouer hasn't played for an AFL or state league club for 2 years, as is the rule.
His point isn't that they're breaking the rules. His point is that the rule is inadequate in the first place.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:24 pm

So what if they make rule changes at the end of the year and take away zones etc etc.

They are still AFL RERSERVES teams with a least 10 to 16 AFL players in their teams every week.

Steven" The Magician " Trigg's crystal ball was made of glass and therefore he had a bad reading.

The mythical 4,000 per game have not materialised ala via the cyrstal ball.

These AFL parasites should of never been admitted in to the SANFL competition.

Will the SANFL end up a basket case like the WAFL and VFL.

I hope not but the early indicators are there !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:34 pm

It wont happen but i really hope Trigg and Co get grilled about the 4k figure at the end of the year.

Even with the inflated figures of the 'Walker return game' & the 'first ever Crows in SANFL game' the average Crows crowd per game is going to be well under his magical 4k figure. (even though the intitial call was there was going to be 4k crows fans at every game which was then changed to no it was 4k total crowd at crows games)

We know this will get left alone though and at most will get a response of 'well the crowds were lower than expected but its more than about having people come through the gates, we have brought ................................................to the SANFL.
Last edited by whufc on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Yes im worried we will end up the VFL.
Bendigo has folded and will pull out at end of season, Frankston also look like doing the same. Crowd numbers are dropping off alarmingly since the first few game novelty factor wore off. Never expected any Cows fans to attend as I predicted that last year but must be a huge concern that a side that is sitting top in both comps now cant even draw two cats and a dog to their games. I honesy expected Port to be drawing big crowds with the way they are playing
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Jim05 wrote:Yes im worried we will end up the VFL.
Bendigo has folded and will pull out at end of season, Frankston also look like doing the same. Crowd numbers are dropping off alarmingly since the first few game novelty factor wore off. Never expected any Cows fans to attend as I predicted that last year but must be a huge concern that a side that is sitting top in both comps now cant even draw two cats and a dog to their games. I honesy expected Port to be drawing big crowds with the way they are playing

Yep the current Port situation is equally as worrying.

I actually thought that with Port reserves being top and the Power flying and now being 'one club' like they all wanted that the numbers would be coming back to watch the 'magpies'

Hasnt been the case though.

When was the last time a top of the table team at end of the minor round would have an average home crowd of less than 3k.

History (VFL with Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn) showed us that 50K plus members doesnt equal big crowds to watch reserves play.
Last edited by whufc on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm

jimo5 history tells us that if the Power RESERVES play in the SANFL Grand Final this year.

We will see all the bandwagoners crawl out of their closets and jump on board !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Macca19 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:45 pm

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:When was the last time a top of the table team at end of the minor round would have an average home crowd of less than 3k.

Central Districts 2011
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Macca19 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:When was the last time a top of the table team at end of the minor round would have an average home crowd of less than 3k.

Central Districts 2011

Correct i would say the that Central District crowds have been declining over the last five years even when we were winning premierships

I think its a sign of bad times ahead for the SANFL.

The killing of the Magpies and the intro of the AFL RESERVES teams has not helped at all.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:53 pm

Macca19 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Central Districts 2011

I could be wrong because i think im missing an attendance for 2 games in 2011.

But i have the Dogs average being at 3112 for that year.
whufc
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:00 pm

The attendances are poor this year but i have also noticed over the last five years patronage has gone down as well.

I go to the club a least once a week for meals pokies etc and hardly anyone is at at the club.

Five odd years ago the place was buzzing with people everywhere.

Whats happened ?????

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Hey members of other SANFL clubs what is the situation there ?????

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:The attendances are poor this year but i have also noticed over the last five years patronage has gone down as well.

I go to the club a least once a week for meals pokies etc and hardly anyone is at at the club.

Five odd years ago the place was buzzing with people everywhere.

Whats happened ?????

The club got lazy and started blaming everyone else for their lack of effort.

If i read another article in the messenger with Granty blaming the supporters for not attending and the clubs finances taking a hit im going to vommit
whufc
Coach

Postby RB » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Hey members of other SANFL clubs what is the situation there ?????
I'd tell you my thoughts but I'm no longer a member, but it's okay because I'll change my tune when the reserves teams are a huge success.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby UK Fan » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Aerie wrote:I did start writing this in the Sturt vs Port thread, but quickly realised it was a big whinge...

Another game decided by the ridiculous advantages Port have been given with the top ups. How can Nathan Krakouer be allowed to play as a top up. Age 26, 2 AFL clubs, not a Port junior.

Sturt did well. I was hoping for a win for them. Unfortunately it is looking more and more likely that the Power Reserves will be one of the Grand Finalists this year. You could have hid the mess under the carpet, for this season at least, if Port and Adelaide were mid-table or below, but season 2014 (and beyond if they don't change it) will have a massive asterisk next to it as a wasted season because winning or losing against the AFL clubs means absolutely nothing.

This is worse than Lance Armstrong and the drugs in Le Tour de France. At least the majority of riders were on the same thing back then. This SANFL season has been recommended and ratified by the SANFL Commission and its League Directors.

I will admit I was very wrong in giving this a go and LPH, Centurion, smac, whufc and co were spot on from the start. It doesn't feel right going to the football any more.

I don't care about Channel 7. I don't care about high priced recruits. I don't care about being the 2nd best competition. I don't care about the full time staff behind the scenes. I care about a level playing field and my team competing in a competition with integrity. There is simply no integrity while AFL Reserves teams are competing in the SANFL.
I think it was premature writing the SANFL off as what it was and extremely incompetent by those who made the decision to ignore/dismiss the guiding principles when coming to the decision to allow the change.

Thats been my main argument this whole time.

Maybe the salary cap has to go and at least then the richer of the 8 real SANFL clubs can go crazy and try and compete with the multi million dollar football corporations.

For me its far easier to put the brakes on the 2 AFL clubs.
Just make it that all their top up players must be under 21 and have not played AFL or in any state league, simple.
This would bring them right back to the pack

And a rule wear no off field employees can represent Port/Crows AFL reserves
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby Tech1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:58 pm

RB wrote:
Macca19 wrote:

Krakouer hasn't played for an AFL or state league club for 2 years, as is the rule.
His point isn't that they're breaking the rules. His point is that the rule is inadequate in the first place.

Bingo!
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Tech1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:08 pm

I agree with Jim05, this evens things up massively but i don't think we should scrap the cap either, we still need some sort of salary cap otherwise we will have a new set of problems to deal with, something like an increase to around $450,000 and the league should fund the extra amount and the clubs can either use it for the cap or not. The crowd numbers for Port have been terrible for a team top of the ladder, surely it's decreased this year? and the crows numbers are going to end up crap too. Surely at the end of the year the alarm bells should be ringing at SANFL headquarters that big changes need to be made to both port and the crows structures to save the competition before it's too late.
Tech1
Rookie

Postby Tech1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:18 pm

I could also see the reserves in the SANFL stopping in the next 3-5 years if there is a steady decline over the same period.
Tech1
Rookie

Postby Special One » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:33 pm

When you all realise the sanfl is a farm system and you'll know there was no real options to choose from. Go ask league coach's what they would prefer? This year or last year. I know they would prefer this years structure. Anyway the magpies loses their zone, under 18's and recruiting rights due to it constricts afl draft rules. It's maybe time that clubs be more professional instead going through the motions eg like North Adelaide.
Special One
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:44 pm

Special One wrote:When you all realise the sanfl is a farm system and you'll know there was no real options to choose from. Go ask league coach's what they would prefer? This year or last year. I know they would prefer this years structure. Anyway the magpies loses their zone, under 18's and recruiting rights due to it constricts afl draft rules. It's maybe time that clubs be more professional instead going through the motions eg like North Adelaide.

This years structure of not having AFL players spread between all sides is better but a far better option would be for no AFL players to play in the SANFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:50 am

Special One wrote:When you all realise the sanfl is a farm system and you'll know there was no real options to choose from. Go ask league coach's what they would prefer? This year or last year. I know they would prefer this years structure. Anyway the magpies loses their zone, under 18's and recruiting rights due to it constricts afl draft rules. It's maybe time that clubs be more professional instead going through the motions eg like North Adelaide.

A South supporter saying North are just going through the motions!!! :lol:
At least North have won a flag or two since man landed on the moon!
What next?
A Collingwood supporter teaching us about dentistry?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL