The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby on the rails » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:40 pm

LOL Not rocket science is it my old friend!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby southee » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:14 am

Wedgie wrote:
Special One wrote:When you all realise the sanfl is a farm system and you'll know there was no real options to choose from. Go ask league coach's what they would prefer? This year or last year. I know they would prefer this years structure. Anyway the magpies loses their zone, under 18's and recruiting rights due to it constricts afl draft rules. It's maybe time that clubs be more professional instead going through the motions eg like North Adelaide.

A South supporter saying North are just going through the motions!!! :lol:
At least North have won a flag or two since man landed on the moon!
What next?
A Collingwood supporter teaching us about dentistry?

South supporter ??? Please re-read post and the team they follow mate. :shock:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby therisingblues » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:17 am

whufc wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Yes im worried we will end up the VFL.
Bendigo has folded and will pull out at end of season, Frankston also look like doing the same. Crowd numbers are dropping off alarmingly since the first few game novelty factor wore off. Never expected any Cows fans to attend as I predicted that last year but must be a huge concern that a side that is sitting top in both comps now cant even draw two cats and a dog to their games. I honesy expected Port to be drawing big crowds with the way they are playing

Yep the current Port situation is equally as worrying.

I actually thought that with Port reserves being top and the Power flying and now being 'one club' like they all wanted that the numbers would be coming back to watch the 'magpies'

Hasnt been the case though.

When was the last time a top of the table team at end of the minor round would have an average home crowd of less than 3k.

History (VFL with Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn) showed us that 50K plus members doesnt equal big crowds to watch reserves play.

At a rough estimate, I'd say Sturt supporters outnumbered Port by about four to one at Unley on the weekend, would've had 4000 there had their numbers matched ours. In past years, given the relative ladder positions this deep into the season, the ground would've been full and boiling over with passion echoing those great Sturt v Port clashes of years past.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:22 am

Wedgie wrote: A Collingwood supporter teaching us about dentistry?

How about a Geelong supporter not wearing ugg boots?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:27 am

Wedgie wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Wedgie wrote: A Collingwood supporter teaching us about dentistry?

How about a Geelong supporter not wearing ugg boots?

You been talking to my girlfriend?

Soooo many lines...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby areaman » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Wedgie wrote:He changed his team after my post from South to Eagles, perhaps you shouldn't make false assumptions telling people to re-read things?
Point still stands since he's changed from South to Eagles as they went through the easiest possible pathetic motions when they merged.
If their supporters had some balls in the 80s we probably wouldn't be in this mess now!

Wasn't the fans that racked up a massive debt that forced the merger. Criticise the board members all you like but the fans didn't have much of a choice.

Shame we didnt have a sugar daddy to bail us out of every financial hole we created. How times have changed. Now the AFL or SANFL would just bail us out if we made bad commercial decisions. Isn't that how it works?!?
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby stan » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Tech1 wrote:I agree with Jim05, this evens things up massively but i don't think we should scrap the cap either, we still need some sort of salary cap otherwise we will have a new set of problems to deal with, something like an increase to around $450,000 and the league should fund the extra amount and the clubs can either use it for the cap or not. The crowd numbers for Port have been terrible for a team top of the ladder, surely it's decreased this year? and the crows numbers are going to end up crap too. Surely at the end of the year the alarm bells should be ringing at SANFL headquarters that big changes need to be made to both port and the crows structures to save the competition before it's too late.

Well with Port, thats what happens when you kill of the soul of a team. As for alarm bells, well who knows what will happen at the end of the year. Its the SANFL anything is possible........
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby southee » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Wedgie wrote:
southee wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Special One wrote:When you all realise the sanfl is a farm system and you'll know there was no real options to choose from. Go ask league coach's what they would prefer? This year or last year. I know they would prefer this years structure. Anyway the magpies loses their zone, under 18's and recruiting rights due to it constricts afl draft rules. It's maybe time that clubs be more professional instead going through the motions eg like North Adelaide.

A South supporter saying North are just going through the motions!!! :lol:
At least North have won a flag or two since man landed on the moon!
What next?
A Collingwood supporter teaching us about dentistry?

South supporter ??? Please re-read post and the team they follow mate. :shock:

He changed his team after my post from South to Eagles, perhaps you shouldn't make false assumptions telling people to re-read things?
Point still stands since he's changed from South to Eagles as they went through the easiest possible pathetic motions when they merged.
If their supporters had some balls in the 80s we probably wouldn't be in this mess now!

....and how was I supposed to know he/she changed their team from South to Eagles as I read it????? - it was the Eagles at the time.

Bit touchy there Wedgie........ :?
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby arthur5038 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Meanwhile in Perth AFL reserves teams are starting games two players short.

WAFC under siege over Peel stance

Dale Miller The West Australian July 2, 2014, 6:54 am

A core group of WAFL presidents want Peel Thunder and Fremantle threatened with sanctions to prevent AFL-listed players being held out of games at the last minute on match day.

The WA Football Commission has asked for a please explain from the Thunder and the Dockers after Kepler Bradley and Tom Sheridan did not arrive at Saturday's match against Subiaco at Medibank Stadium until midway through the second quarter.

Bradley and Sheridan had both been named as Fremantle emergencies and were late to the Peel game after being asked to warm up with teammates taking part in the western derby at Patersons Stadium. Peel subsequently started the league match with 20 players and lost by 26 points.

WAFC officials were urged to take a heavy-handed approach against similar acts at a heated council of presidents' meeting on Monday night, but the governing body stopped short of flagging sanctions.

Council chairman and West Perth president Brett Raponi said the league needed to do more than seek a verbal explanation.

"I don't think that's strong enough," he said. "I don't think it's good enough from the WA Football Commission.

"I think there needs to be some serious dialogue between the commission, Fremantle and Peel to assure the competition and its stakeholders that it won't happen again.

"It is personal and we expect the WAFC to react accordingly and address the situation."

West Perth were fined $7000 in 2012 after club figures, including coach Bill Monaghan, confronted umpires and East Perth players during a drawn derby at Arena Joondalup - a move Raponi said had proved a deterrent.

South Fremantle's Haydn Raitt said some club presidents were angry about the issue, which has fuelled tensions over the AFL alignment model.

"It makes a mockery of our competition," he said. "It's almost like it helps contrive the result."

WAFC chief operating officer Nick Sautner said the commission had sought clarification from Peel and the Dockers.

"Any challenges identified during the inaugural year of the WAFL partnering model will be assessed at the conclusion of the season in line with the WAFC's commitment to an annual review," he said.

Peel president John Ditchburn said it was a "one-off" and that the Thunder made their decision in consultation with Fremantle. He said only clubs in finals contention - who stood to lose from Subiaco's win - had voiced their disapproval.

Subiaco president Mark Lawrence said he had no issue with Peel starting the match two players short.
arthur5038

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Put Fremantle and West Coast up on the scoreboard when the stand alone clubs play Peel and East Perth.....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Rising Power » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:28 pm

heater31 wrote:Put Fremantle and West Coast up on the scoreboard when the stand alone clubs play Peel and East Perth.....

Even for their reserves and colts?
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby RB » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:44 pm

heater31 wrote:Put Fremantle and West Coast up on the scoreboard when the stand alone clubs play Peel and East Perth.....

There was more of an uproar over that when they did it (as a joke) than for this incident.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Hazydog » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what almost certainly will occur down the track. Fast forward to the Powers last minor round game in WA against Freo- what happens if their position on the ladder can't change & they wish to rest half the side in preparation for finals the following week? (As Freo did last year if I recall)
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:52 pm

oh please come on, how can any of you think that this situation could possibly arise here in SA..............

and the last little part of that article says it all really.......

the AFL has done a fantastic job of foookin over the state leagues
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby RB » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Peel president John Ditchburn said it was a "one-off"...

So that makes it OK? (Assuming it is merely a one-off)

and that the Thunder made their decision in consultation with Fremantle.

If anything, that sort of collusion with the AFL cancers makes the whole thing worse.

He said only clubs in finals contention - who stood to lose from Subiaco's win - had voiced their disapproval.

No shit - seriously, how selfish are clubs like that who put their self-interest in making the finals ahead of the AFL clubs' interests? :roll: How many clubs aren't in finals contention in late June anyway? Just Peel?

Subiaco president Mark Lawrence said he had no issue with Peel starting the match two players short.

Oh well lardy ****ing dah, how gracious of him.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 765 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby spell_check » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:14 pm

Rising Power wrote:

Even for their reserves and colts?

If half of those sides contain AFL listed players, then sure
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:18 pm

RB wrote:Peel president John Ditchburn said it was a "one-off"...

If anything, that sort of collusion with the AFL cancers makes the whole thing worse.

He said only clubs in finals contention - who stood to lose from Subiaco's win - had voiced their disapproval.

No shit - seriously, how selfish are clubs like that who put their self-interest in making the finals ahead of the AFL clubs' interests? :roll: How many clubs aren't in finals contention in late June anyway? Just Peel?

what team wouldn't have an issue with the opposition starting two players short???

I hope the Eagles rock up 2 players short on sunday, just to give us a chance for 5 mins
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:14 pm

Rucci mentioned tonight there will be changes next year but also mentioned that both sides are looking at forming an alliance with a SAAFL side
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:00 am

Jim05 wrote:Rucci mentioned tonight there will be changes next year but also mentioned that both sides are looking at forming an alliance with a SAAFL side

presumably as their "reserves" for the top up players?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:30 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
RB wrote:Peel president John Ditchburn said it was a "one-off"...

what team wouldn't have an issue with the opposition starting two players short???

I hope the Eagles rock up 2 players short on sunday, just to give us a chance for 5 mins

Eagles would have to turn up with half a team for your mob to have a chance :D ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL