The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby saintal » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:47 am

whufc wrote:
on the rails wrote:Wasn't it the Crows who publically said they would bring an extra 4000 per game and when that pie in the sky prediction was shot to bits by all and sundry they claimed they meant their average attendance per game total spectatotors would be 4000 again more ambitious bullshit!


Yep that's exactly how I recall the situation as well but the figure may have been 3000


An old Rucci article on the matter:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6886990344
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 337 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Ronnie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:47 am

Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.
Ronnie
Under 18s
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:57 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:54 am

Wasn't it just a trial period ? 2-3 Years I recall . Yes the figure was 4000 that I heard too.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 am
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:24 am

Ronnie wrote:Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.


Yep even the little promises like promising to promote games in the zone of the team they are playing aren't even happening

This whole saga was one of the biggest and most farcical propergranda presentations in sports history
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21028
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3456 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:27 am

Booney to thread, Booney to thread....

:D :D
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15034
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 962 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:28 am

whufc wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.


Yep even the little promises like promising to promote games in the zone of the team they are playing aren't even happening

This whole saga was one of the biggest and most farcical propergranda presentations in South Australian sports history


*edited to reflect less hyperbole ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach
 
 
Posts: 29320
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 am
Location: The Bronx
Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
whufc wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.


Yep even the little promises like promising to promote games in the zone of the team they are playing aren't even happening

This whole saga was one of the biggest and most farcical propergranda presentations in South Australian sports history


*edited to reflect less hyperbole ;)


Agree, thought I put SA in there but obviously not.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21028
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3456 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Hazydog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

So what was the wash up with Grigg not playing the last quarter of the last Friday nights game against the Bloods. Was he/is he injured or was it a case of resting him just in case their was a late withdrawal for the Crows the following day?
I guess it will be difficult to prove one way or the other but will be interesting to see if that sort of thing happens regularly whenever the SANFL side play a day before the AFL side does.

"We'll play to the line" I think was what they said when lobbying to get the votes. Resting a bloke at 3/4 time when the game is still in the balance makes a mockery of that.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
User avatar
Hazydog
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Paralowie
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 86 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby am Bays » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:44 am

whufc wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.


Yep even the little promises like promising to promote games in the zone of the team they are playing aren't even happening

This whole saga was one of the biggest and most farcical propergranda presentations in sports history


Did any one on here actaully get a proper gander at the proposals????
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 15034
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 962 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby whufc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:47 am

am Bays wrote:
whufc wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Truth- The Crows regularly pull in between 200-400 spectators per match, most of whom are almost apologetic about supporting their team. The atmosphere is bereft of any genuine rivalry and is very different to a SANFL club game.

Fiction- What the Crows promised.

Fact- The Crows couldn't care less what they promised, they got what they wanted and there is no mechanism to hold them to account that will ever be used.


Yep even the little promises like promising to promote games in the zone of the team they are playing aren't even happening

This whole saga was one of the biggest and most farcical propergranda presentations in sports history


Did any one on here actaully get a proper gander at the proposals????


Sorry typing of my phone and predicted text and crap gets me every time.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 21028
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 3456 times
Been liked: 1454 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby on the rails » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Whatever happens re end of the season the SANFL has to force Port to have exactly the same model as the Crows when they do the annual review. 10 team comp with 3 different sets of playing rules could only happen in the circus trading as the SANFL!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3147
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 am
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:15 pm

oh hum oh hum sulking off we go again :oops:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Looking for all the Boats
Has liked: 1037 times
Been liked: 56 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Hazydog wrote:So what was the wash up with Grigg not playing the last quarter of the last Friday nights game against the Bloods. Was he/is he injured or was it a case of resting him just in case their was a late withdrawal for the Crows the following day?
I guess it will be difficult to prove one way or the other but will be interesting to see if that sort of thing happens regularly whenever the SANFL side play a day before the AFL side does.

"We'll play to the line" I think was what they said when lobbying to get the votes. Resting a bloke at 3/4 time when the game is still in the balance makes a mockery of that.



wow lets get a big dummy and spit it out !!!!!
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: Looking for all the Boats
Has liked: 1037 times
Been liked: 56 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby saintal » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:16 pm

Feel free to add some positivity to the discussion GG...
SAFC- 55 years...
StKFC- 53 years..
User avatar
saintal
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5291
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Adelaide Hills
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 337 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:24 pm

am Bays wrote:Booney to thread, Booney to thread....

:D :D


Well, after a proper gander at this one, you can't argue with most of it.

Adelaide clearly researched very little when it came to their "4000" claim, it has not and was never going to reach that number. Adelaide fans who still followed the SANFL side they supported were never going to drop them for the AFC in the SANFL and any Crow fan who didn't have an SANFL side ( those 25 or under ) were hardly going to start giving a shit about the comp because their left overs got together in one side.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48580
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5132 times
Been liked: 8080 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby on the rails » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:41 pm

gossipgirl wrote:oh hum oh hum sulking off we go again :oops:


What do you exactly mean by this statement???

Either say what you really think or don't bother having childish pot shots because others opinions or comments don't suit your argument / agenda!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 3147
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:40 am
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:46 pm

on the rails wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:oh hum oh hum sulking off we go again :oops:


What do you exactly mean by this statement???

Either say what you really think or don't bother having childish pot shots because others opinions or comments don't suit your argument / agenda!


Yeah!
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach
 
 
Posts: 29320
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 am
Location: The Bronx
Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Booney » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:47 pm

on the rails wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:oh hum oh hum sulking off we go again :oops:


What do you exactly mean by this statement???

Either say what you really think or don't bother having childish pot shots because others opinions or comments don't suit your argument / agenda!


Agenda? LOL, that would suggest she/he has thought about it. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 48580
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 5132 times
Been liked: 8080 times

Re: AFL Reserve sides and those extra crowd predictions

Postby Reddeer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:17 pm

gossipgirl wrote:oh hum oh hum sulking off we go again :oops:

All trolls should be banned
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Under 18s
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:32 pm
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 54 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:20 pm

You need to learn what a dummy spit is dummy.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach
 
 
Posts: 29320
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:29 am
Location: The Bronx
Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DOC, Google Adsense [Bot], Interceptor and 21 guests