The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:54 am

morell wrote:
whufc wrote:Is it any surprise that a gentlemen whose proud of a premiership which included his clubs best possible side beating a clubs 44th-66th best footballers in the finals can't see an issue with our current set up
Shit comment. We're all adults here and whilst differing opinions are flying about the place, its all healthy, there is no need to stoop to this short of crap. Disappointing.

This from a bloke who calls anyone who doesn't agree with him a bunch of numpties, what else was it, ninnies......

I see a glasshouse and a pile of stones
johntheclaret
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13279
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:39 am
Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Rising Power » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:03 am

holden78 wrote:The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


So how would this work? SANFL clubs get 2 points for a win? Or no points at all given the inequities of the numbers and personnel in the reserves side from week to week (the "lotto" game where Club A is gifted a win against a reserves team with 8 AFL players but Club B gets belted by a reserves team with 21 listed players)? If the games against the reserves are for no points, what happens when one of your best players or even the star under 18 who is yet to debut does his knee in a mid-season trial match? Insert the ever-constructive phrase "just kick them out" comment here?
User avatar
Rising Power
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 5:14 pm
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:22 am

Rising Power wrote:
holden78 wrote:The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


So how would this work? SANFL clubs get 2 points for a win? Or no points at all given the inequities of the numbers and personnel in the reserves side from week to week (the "lotto" game where Club A is gifted a win against a reserves team with 8 AFL players but Club B gets belted by a reserves team with 21 listed players)? If the games against the reserves are for no points, what happens when one of your best players or even the star under 18 who is yet to debut does his knee in a mid-season trial match? Insert the ever-constructive phrase "just kick them out" comment here?



well thats where the fees for the afl reserves sides are increased to cover the cost of that. bring it more inline with the wafl, currently North get $50k from the crows, and nothing from the power. make it $150 from each to pay for their trial games, which from figures posted yesterday, is still below what the wafl sides are paid, and it might make it more attractive for eh sanfl sides to play 4 trial games a year. could even have a seperate trophy or something for the side that has the best result against them. give them an extra 50 or 100k or something and im sure that the sanfl sides would take it seriously.

or just kick them out, whichever is easiest.....
tipper
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby therisingblues » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:28 am

Actually Rising Power, I made a suggestion about what you have just raised over a year ago.
My idea was that we have two premiership tables. In a sense this is in action now, if you look at Pseudo's "Pure" premiership ladder.
I thought there could be a system of prize money or whatever for finishing higher on the "compromised" ladder, but so far as finals and all that was concerned it would be an 8 team competition comprised of only the traditional clubs, with a final four, decided by whoever finished higher on the "pure" ladder.
If Crows and Power wanted reserves games into September, maybe they could play each other for a kitty full of cash, or pay off another club for a hit out.
This covers all the bases so far as I can see.
Edit: this is more or less or different version of what Tipper has just written.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
User avatar
therisingblues
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6190
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:50 am
Location: Fukuoka
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby therisingblues » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:41 am

morell wrote:If they didn't in any way dominate, I couldn't care less. Mate, I am from Mitchell Park, we compete against clubs with bigger budgets than us every year. Budget disparity happens in every division in the SAAFL.

If the AFL teams had steamrolled the comp ya'll would have a point. But, alas, they haven't, so you don't.

If you wanted to go down the "competition integrity" line, then again, AFL players have played major parts in Central and Norwood flags over the years, so really, the SANFL has been compromised for donkeys years.

You just don't get it.
We now have TWO TEAMS playing for PRACTICE!
Before there were two or three reserves players per side, adhering to the values of that side, or they were dropped to the reserves.
Understand?
I don't believe you have thought about the above because you are not in that situation. Once the penny drops you will not be posting in favour of reserves anymore.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
User avatar
therisingblues
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6190
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:50 am
Location: Fukuoka
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:41 am

therisingblues wrote:Actually Rising Power, I made a suggestion about what you have just raised over a year ago.
My idea was that we have two premiership tables. In a sense this is in action now, if you look at Pseudo's "Pure" premiership ladder.
I thought there could be a system of prize money or whatever for finishing higher on the "compromised" ladder, but so far as finals and all that was concerned it would be an 8 team competition comprised of only the traditional clubs, with a final four, decided by whoever finished higher on the "pure" ladder.
If Crows and Power wanted reserves games into September, maybe they could play each other for a kitty full of cash, or pay off another club for a hit out.
This covers all the bases so far as I can see.
Edit: this is more or less or different version of what Tipper has just written.


yep, not trying to claim the above as my own idea or anything. many posters, including Theri have posted similar variations to what i wrote, and all are a better solution than what we currently have
tipper
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:56 am

holden78 wrote:The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dols
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:01 pm

tipper wrote:If Crows and Power wanted reserves games into September, maybe they could play each other for a kitty full of cash, or pay off another club for a hit out.

Resurrect the Coca Cola Cup! :lol:

(as a precursor to eventually kicking 'em out, natch)
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10306
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1031 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Dols wrote:
holden78 wrote:The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41245
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2612 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
holden78 wrote:The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone

Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dols
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
holden78 wrote:The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone

Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41245
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2612 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:[quote="holden78"]The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone

Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.[/quote]

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

2 million is a good start


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dols
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Dols"][quote="holden78"]The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone

Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.[/quote]

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]


Not enough.
Maybe you can pay back your license fee.
Another typical Port supporter with hatred of the SANFL even though without them you wouldnt be in the AFL or probably would of been bust years ago.
Yes we are stuck with them in the SANFL I get that but you can whinge all you like the rules WILL be changed next year and football at Alberton will be no more and AFL players will be capped. Hopefully that is enough to guarantee that neither side wins a flag
Jim05
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41245
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:03 pm
Has liked: 1094 times
Been liked: 2612 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="Dols"][quote="holden78"]The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone

Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.[/quote]

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

2 million is a good start


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

How does that compensate the existing clubs for allowing 2 bastard children into the competition?

The sale of Football Park has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. That transaction compensates them from the sale of an investment made 40 plus years ago.
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15669
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 1113 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:39 pm

This is all very constructive. I think we're close to resolving this.















=)) =)) =)) =))
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4826 times
Been liked: 7810 times

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 pm

Booney wrote:This is all very constructive. I think we're close to resolving this.















=)) =)) =)) =))


and as usual your pot shots from the sidelines are the most constructive posts in here. thanks for your contribution
tipper
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:[quote="Jim05"][quote="Dols"][quote="holden78"]The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone

Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.[/quote]

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]


Not enough.
Maybe you can pay back your license fee.
Another typical Port supporter with hatred of the SANFL even though without them you wouldnt be in the AFL or probably would of been bust years ago.
Yes we are stuck with them in the SANFL I get that but you can whinge all you like the rules WILL be changed next year and football at Alberton will be no more and AFL players will be capped. Hopefully that is enough to guarantee that neither side wins a flag[/quote]

Won't happen. You actually think that the clubs have power! Whoops, Freudian slip.

Port will be playing at Alberton. Cap it as much as you like, that will make them stronger. The rule where they had to play in the league side and not the reserves actually made us weaker. Boys playing against men when they weren't ready. Probably cost us the premiership last year.

So go ahead and cap it, and then try and change the rules again next year when we are more dominant.

The SANFL has more problems then the AFL teams.

South haven't been able to build a supporter base, even having no competition. It's really like being at a country game at Noarlunga.

Centrals have been relying on pokies revenue for years. Further their main recruiting pond, the Gawler and Barossa league, has done them a further disservice by refusing to take on a salary cap. Tough times coming for the doggies.

Sturt keep fighting but should have bitten the bullet and merged years ago. Second rate surface that is used as a dog park 13 days a fortnight.

North are a shambles. Poor decisions in coaches and the chairman has surely got to fall on his sword.

Glenelg appear to be in the right track, but must recover from hiring a coach that was facing serious criminal charges.

You already know what I think of west, can be great again if they keep all the crooks out. Makes it hard though when your biggest supporter is their biggest crooks father in law.

Big ticks to Norwood an the Eagles. Strong supporter bases, but it helps that they are doing well in field. Eagles will dominate for years to come (may have to change the rules[emoji6])

Who did I miss[emoji109]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dols
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Dols » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:43 pm

heater31 wrote:
Dols wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Dols wrote:[quote="Jim05"][quote="Dols"][quote="holden78"]The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:


If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Money can do that to anyone

Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.[/quote]

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

2 million is a good start


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

How does that compensate the existing clubs for allowing 2 bastard children into the competition?

The sale of Football Park has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. That transaction compensates them from the sale of an investment made 40 plus years ago.[/quote]

An investment you have Port to thank for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Dols
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 849
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:40 pm
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby tipper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:49 pm

lol, ok, thanks. and also thanks to North, Norwood, Glenelg, Centrals, South, Sturt, West and the Eagles (in no particular order). but that money still doesnt come from port, nor should it account for their share of having a reserves side in the league. that costs extra
tipper
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2419
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am
Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:51 pm

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:This is all very constructive. I think we're close to resolving this.

=)) =)) =)) =))


and as usual your pot shots from the sidelines are the most constructive posts in here. thanks for your contribution


No problems mate. It's not any more or any less constructive than the diatribe of drivel that's going around and around in circles achieving **** all.

But please, go on.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4826 times
Been liked: 7810 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest