Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Postby Pseudo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:51 pm

stampy wrote:
Pseudo wrote:Channel 9 news interviewed people in the crowd. Mostly old fogies in the stand. Some were for the crows reserves, some were against. Then they interviewed this nuff-nuff in a Crows guernsey on the terrace who claimed that it was wonderful, "because there are thousands of people here who probably haven't been to the SANFL since 1990".

And they wonder why we hate them.....

"old fogies" that is gold!! i havent heard that since being at school!!!! :D :D :D

... and that goes to show what an old fogie you are :lol:
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby stampy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 pm

kent!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:57 pm

but yes, people of my vintage referred to the olds as the old fogies!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 331 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Glenelg must have lost. More Bay supporters on other threads than their own. Just sayin' .
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Mark_Beswick » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Great for SA Footy :)

Now lets hope the other 6 true SANFL clubs can do what north did today - I will be giving them hell when they come to richmond

I cant wait to hear how Sanderson explains how this seconds side has helped the structure of his afl side. Now they truly have a losing culture. At least last year, some of their players would have experienced wins with their sanfl clubs. Great move by an amatuer afl club
Mark_Beswick
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:17 pm

Not one post about the football itself just 3 pages of BS and pissing contests. :roll:

I was impressed by Norths ball movement and apart from some late soft goals Norf could have won by 12 goals. Andy Read on debut was excellent across half back getting 21 touches and blanketing his opponents and Amato looks like he is going to have a real break out year.

As for the Crows I assume they will improve as a unit but had a few lads who looked a fair way off it. Any news on Porps, I was right behind him when he got his hit and it was brutal. Was it a report. Looked pretty nasty.

I thought the crowd was pretty decent and a good atmosphere. There seemed like there were a good smattering of people mainly kids in Crows guernseys but the novelty may wear off real quick if they don't improve and the idiotic abuse they will cop being the away team every week.

Overall I thought it was a good day and North look like a top 3 team to me.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Zorro » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Ted E Bear wrote:Im shocked at the lack of support for Adelaide today. Where was Triggy today and the other 3,856 supporters?

Trigg to his credit was there, as was Chapman.
Didn't see Smart though.

He was there , saw him in first quarter not far from merch booth.
The Cocks Will Rise Again
Zorro
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 52 times

Postby Leaping Lindner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:59 am

rocketeer wrote:With so few of them there (and them obviously being more loyal to their club than most crows supporters) I just couldn't be bothered giving it to the supporters. I'll save that for their club's admin and those at Prospect that allowed this to happen.

Great to get a first up win and to show we have a bit of depth at the club. In one game, Luke Mitchell has surpassed the total contribution from our last big forward we recruited from the AFL. Thank god, he's no Daniel Archer.

Ditto. They are the ones who deserve our disgust.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:18 am

wristwatcher wrote:Not one post about the football itself just 3 pages of BS and pissing contests. :roll:

I was impressed by Norths ball movement and apart from some late soft goals Norf could have won by 12 goals. Andy Read on debut was excellent across half back getting 21 touches and blanketing his opponents and Amato looks like he is going to have a real break out year.

As for the Crows I assume they will improve as a unit but had a few lads who looked a fair way off it. Any news on Porps, I was right behind him when he got his hit and it was brutal. Was it a report. Looked pretty nasty.

I thought the crowd was pretty decent and a good atmosphere. There seemed like there were a good smattering of people mainly kids in Crows guernseys but the novelty may wear off real quick if they don't improve and the idiotic abuse they will cop being the away team every week.

Fair Point Wristwatcher.

Wedgie we have a whole thread dedicated to slagging of the Reserve sides and everything about them which seems a pretty good idea.

I listened online and thought the Life FM call was pretty good. Liked Slattery's expert comments too.
As for what I heard I thought O'Keeffe was outstanding as was Todd Miles who took 10 marks, most of which sounded contested.
Adelaide were never in and even Lewis Johnston seemed out of sorts kicking only 3 behinds, one of them was definitely gettable from his standard last year, before he was move to HB.

Radio said North had a spare man I the 1st QTR which allowed them to move the ball so freely into the forwards. Mitchell sounded big and strong and will give North another option up front and if Obst (my spellchecker keeps changing it to Obstacle :D ), can stay injury free will make a good partner for Mitchell.
Considering we lost our forward line at the end of the season I don't think anyone expected 20+ goals first time out, even against the Crows Reserves.

It seems to me that North have got a good blend of experienced recruits with some good youngsters to add to the retained list. O'Keeffe was good,as was O'Brien and Obst, along with some good performances from Amato, Stokes, Read and Boles. We still have some key players to return but it is nice to have some depth for a change. All the radio boys were surprised how good North looked with their handling, passing and kicking. They also mentioned how ferocious North were at the man and the ball and the tackle stats back that up.

Good gameday for me. Keep it going North
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby dedja » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 am

I saw North, albeit in a trial, 3 weeks ago and thought they had lost nothing from last year.

The result against the Crows is not entirely surprising to me. If North can keep their schizoid tendencies under control then they will be extremely dangerous this year.

The Crows on the other hand will seemingly struggle. Mixing AFL footballers with novices seems too much like mixing oil with water, and I suspect this imbalance will get worse as the season progresses and the injury toll rises, exposing the top up players. Time will tell though.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:39 am

johntheclaret wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Not one post about the football itself just 3 pages of BS and pissing contests. :roll:

Fair Point Wristwatcher.

Wedgie we have a whole thread dedicated to slagging of the Reserve sides and everything about them which seems a pretty good idea.

I listened online and thought the Life FM call was pretty good. Liked Slattery's expert comments too.
As for what I heard I thought O'Keeffe was outstanding as was Todd Miles who took 10 marks, most of which sounded contested.
Adelaide were never in and even Lewis Johnston seemed out of sorts kicking only 3 behinds, one of them was definitely gettable from his standard last year, before he was move to HB.

Radio said North had a spare man I the 1st QTR which allowed them to move the ball so freely into the forwards. Mitchell sounded big and strong and will give North another option up front and if Obst (my spellchecker keeps changing it to Obstacle :D ), can stay injury free will make a good partner for Mitchell.
Considering we lost our forward line at the end of the season I don't think anyone expected 20+ goals first time out, even against the Crows Reserves.

It seems to me that North have got a good blend of experienced recruits with some good youngsters to add to the retained list. O'Keeffe was good,as was O'Brien and Obst, along with some good performances from Amato, Stokes, Read and Boles. We still have some key players to return but it is nice to have some depth for a change. All the radio boys were surprised how good North looked with their handling, passing and kicking. They also mentioned how ferocious North were at the man and the ball and the tackle stats back that up.

Good gameday for me. Keep it going North

just one thread????
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:44 am

Wedgie wrote:North 7.1 12.3 16.10 20.13 133
Crows Reserves 2.3 5.6 6.11 12.14 86

Goals:
North: O'Keefe 5.1, Mitchell 4.1, Obst 3.2, Stokes 2.1, Amatoa, Brans, Combe, O'Brien, Thring 1.
Adelaide: Davis-Neale 3.0, Callinan 2.1, Atkins, Ellis-Youmen, Hurley-Wellington, Martin, Osborn, Shaw, 1.

Best:
North: O'Keefe, Miles, Shannon, Amato, Read, Thring, Anderson.

wristwatcher wrote: Any news on Porps, I was right behind him when he got his hit and it was brutal. Was it a report. Looked pretty nasty.

Fair bump but very hard, he got a corked buttock and struggled to walk still after the game.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PhilH » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:51 am

Crowd - 4,015
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Jim05 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am

PhilH wrote:Crowd - 4,015

Only 15 North fans rocked up?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:02 am

Wow real disappointing,

Wait until the first team sides season is officially over, the reserves can't make the finals, drop of weather by ten degrees and we will no doubt see sub 1000 crowds
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Ted E Bear » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 am

whufc wrote:

Wow real disappointing,

Wait until the first team sides season is officially over, the reserves can't make the finals, drop of weather by ten degrees and we will no doubt see sub 1000 crowds

Its a worry
Ted E Bear
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 am

I bet it doesn't get a mention on the 5AA sports show this arvo
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 am

One statistic floating about was yesterday was the highest attended league game at Prospect for the last 4 years?

Is there a reason we're furiously ignoring this?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby RB » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 am

And almost none of those attendees were Crows fans.

Pretty sure they've had a couple of crowds against Norwood well into the 4000s anyway in the last couple of years.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby whufc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:49 am

jo172 wrote:One statistic floating about was yesterday was the highest attended league game at Prospect for the last 4 years?

Is there a reason we're furiously ignoring this?

Because there should have been alot more especially for the first game, that's as good as it gets for crowds involving the crows imho

Plus we're repeatedly told there would 4k crows fans at each game not total attendance
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL