I now believe in Easter

Anything!

I now believe in Easter

Postby dedja » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:02 pm

I must admit that for many, many years I have been a practising atheist, but have heard stories of those who have become 'born again'.

Well, much to my astonishment, I saw a crucifixion yesterday with my very own eyes. I still can't believe it but I'm sure there are millions that will be saying 'I told you so'.

This is truly faarkng with my head and I'm so confused.

I'm also being told that there will be a resurrection after the crucifixion, well I'm well and truly praying for that now, and if does happen, then to my complete amazement, I'll be one of the millions who have succumbed to the born again phenomenon.

Amen.

PS.

dumb question from a previous non-believer ... WTF does the Easter Bunny have to do with the bearded one hanging from the poles?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Re: I now believe in Easter

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Bunnies root like rabbits
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:25 pm

dedja wrote:I must admit that for many, many years I have been a practising atheist, but have heard stories of those who have become 'born again'.

Well, much to my astonishment, I saw a crucifixion yesterday with my very own eyes. I still can't believe it but I'm sure there are millions that will be saying 'I told you so'.

This is truly faarkng with my head and I'm so confused.

I'm also being told that there will be a resurrection after the crucifixion, well I'm well and truly praying for that now, and if does happen, then to my complete amazement, I'll be one of the millions who have succumbed to the born again phenomenon.

Amen.

PS.

dumb question from a previous non-believer ... WTF does the Easter Bunny have to do with the bearded one hanging from the poles?

Butch nail a few yesterday? :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:47 pm

more historical roots in christianity than i thought :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Bunny
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:17 pm

the Easter bunny was a hermaphrodite. Now I've heard everything :shock:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby dedja » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:50 pm

Jeez, another thing that I didn't know, that the Easter Bunny follows Woodville-West Torrens ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:the Easter bunny was a hermaphrodite. Now I've heard everything :shock:

I always said the Ester bunny could go *** herself when she stopped bringing me choccies
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby MightyEagles » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 am

dedja wrote:Jeez, another thing that I didn't know, that the Easter Bunny follows Woodville-West Torrens ...

Don't know where you heard that (not from me) but I heard that it was Glenelg after that effort against Port.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby nwdfanparade » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am

Obtain a copy of Bible myths and their parallels in other religions, Doane, T.W. Kessinger Publishing, 1882 ISBN 1564599221 and read how much (considerably large amount) of the Bible has been copied (plagiarised) from other religions and myths from antiquity.

Moses and King Sargon I of Akkad were both abandoned in a reed basket as babies. The seven trials of Samson and Hercules are almost identical. Storms and darkness during the day are associated with the assassination of Caesar (just a generation before Christ) just as a storm and daytime darkness are associated with Christ's death. Krishna, Rama and Zoroaster in ancient religions were resurrected and ascended into heaven. Immersing babies in water and using water for religious cleansing is common in ancient societies. Virgin conception and miraculous births are common in ancient myths and stories. For example in Greek mythology, Hercules was fathered by the Greek god Zeus and born by a mortal woman. Yu, a Chinese sage, Krishna in the Hindu religion, Zoroaster an ancient Persian lawgiver, were all immaculately conceived. Many of the Greek gods had sons who were born of mortal women. Confucius had 12 close companions (just as Jesus had 12 disciples). Doves and lambs are commonly associated with pre-Christian religious identities. There are stories from pre-Christian societies of babies being slaughtered to prevent a Ruler being overthrown. The last plague of Moses was killing all first born children throughout Egypt. Similarly, the N.T. has Herod ordering the killing of all new born babies in Judea. Buddha floated in the air over a river. Similarly Jesus walked on water. Walking on water is common in many pre-Christian myths. The O.T. Prophet Elijah raised the only son of a widow from the dead. Lazarus who was raised from the dead by Jesus was the only son of a widow. (John's Gospel is the ONLY SOURCE OF THE RAISING OF LAZARUS. THERE IS NO RECORD OR REFERENCE OF THE RAISING OF LAZARUS OUTSIDE JOHN'S GOSPEL (John's gospel was the last to be written, so why isn't this event mentioned anywhere else?

MANY STORIES/EVENTS OF THE BIBLE ARE NOT ORIGINAL !

Obtain a copy of Lost Books of the Bible, Hone, William, Testament; Bell 1979, ISBN 0517277956 and read Gospels were deliberately omitted from the Christian canon (which became what is now called the New Testament) by the Council of Carthage in 397AD.

Gospel of the birth of Mary (attributed to St. Matthew), Protevangelion (attributed to James), First and Second Gospels of the infancy of Jesus, Nicodemus, the Apostles’ Creed, Laodiceans, Paul and Seneca, Paul and Thecla, 1 Clement, 2 Clement, Barnabas, Ephesians, Magnesians, Trallians, Romans, Philadelphians, Smyrnaeans, Polycarp, Philippians, 1 Hermas – Visions, 2 Hermas – Commands, 3 Hermas – Similitudes, Letters of Herod and Pilate.

Why were these Gospels and writings about Jesus deliberately omitted? Surely ALL INFORMATION regarding Jesus would be included in the Christian Canon/N.T.

I could go on and on about the inconsistencies, similarities of the Bible but will leave it here. What information there is concerning Jesus outside the NT is next to nothing and what is in the NT is very little, inconsistent, unsubstantiated and contradictory!
Last edited by nwdfanparade on Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Been liked: 146 times

Postby gossipgirl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 pm

BUT its all about the Chocolate and Happy Hot Cross buns :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:17 pm

nwdfanparade wrote:Obtain a copy of Bible myths and their parallels in other religions, Doane, T.W. Kessinger Publishing, 1882 ISBN 1564599221 and read how much (considerably large amount) of the Bible has been copied (plagiarised) from other religions and myths from antiquity.

Moses and King Sargaon I of Akkad were both abandoned in a reed basket as babies. The seven trials of Samson and Hercules are almost identical. Storms and darkness during the day are associated with the assassination of Caesar (just a generation before Christ) just as a storm and daytime darkness are associated with Christ's death. Krishna, Rama and Zoroaster in ancient religions were resurrected and ascended into heaven. Immersing babies in water and using water for religious cleansing is common in ancient societies. Virgin conception and miraculous births are common in ancient myths and stories. For example in Greek mythology, Hercules was fathered by the Greek god Zeus and born by a mortal woman. Yu, a Chinese sage, Krishna in the Hindu religion, Zoroaster an ancient Persian lawgiver, were all immaculately conceived. Many of the Greek gods had sons who were born of mortal women. Confucius had 12 close companions (just as Jesus had 12 disciples). Doves and lambs are commonly associated with pre-Christian religious identities. There are stories from pre-Christian societies of babies being slaughtered to prevent a Ruler being overthrown. The last plague of Moses was killing all first born children throughout Egypt. Similarly, the N.T. has Herod ordering the killing of all new born babies in Judea. Buddha floated in the air over a river. Similarly Jesus walked on water. Walking on water is common in many pre-Christian myths. The O.T. Prophet Elijah raised the only son of a widow from the dead. Lazarus who was raised from the dead by Jesus was the only son of a widow. (John's Gospel is the ONLY SOURCE OF THE RAISING OF LAZARUS. THERE IS NO RECORD OR REFERENCE OF THE RAISING OF LAZARUS OUTSIDE JOHN'S GOSPEL (John's gospel was the last to be written, so why isn't this event mentioned anywhere else?

MANY STORIES/EVENTS OF THE BIBLE ARE NOT ORIGINAL !

Obtain a copy of Lost Books of the Bible, Hone, William, Testament; Bell 1979, ISBN 0517277956 and read Gospels were deliberately omitted from the Christian canon (which became what is now called the New Testament) by the Council of Carthage in 397AD.

Gospel of the birth of Mary (attributed to St. Matthew), Protevangelion (attributed to James), First and Second Gospels of the infancy of Jesus, Nicodemus, the Apostles’ Creed, Laodiceans, Paul and Seneca, Paul and Thecla, 1 Clement, 2 Clement, Barnabas, Ephesians, Magnesians, Trallians, Romans, Philadelphians, Smyrnaeans, Polycarp, Philippians, 1 Hermas – Visions, 2 Hermas – Commands, 3 Hermas – Similitudes, Letters of Herod and Pilate.

Why were these Gospels and writings about Jesus deliberately omitted? Surely ALL INFORMATION regarding Jesus would be included in the Christian Canon/N.T.

I could go on and on about the inconsistencies, similarities of the Bible but will leave it here. What information there is concerning Jesus outside the NT is next to nothing and what is in the NT is very little, inconsistent, unsubstantiated and contradictory!

You have FAR too much time on your hands! :shock:
But impressive read none the less :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm

so is there a book/bible with every story in it and not just a cut and paste job??
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Bully » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:12 pm

gossipgirl wrote:BUT its all about the Chocolate and Happy Hot Cross buns :D

just speak with coles and woolworths and they will say its about the money seen as they have hot cross buns out on boxing day :D
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby nwdfanparade » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:so is there a book/bible with every story in it and not just a cut and paste job??

I'm not arguing every single aspect of the Bible is plagiarised, but my argument is that many aspects of the Bible are influenced/copied/plagiarised from many other stories and myths from antiquity and that many aspects of the Bible are not new or unique and that the Bible is not perfect or the word of (the Biblical) God.

The book I referred to, Bible myths and their parallels in other religions, Doane, T.W. Kessinger Publishing, 1882 ISBN 1564599221 discusses and compares the many stories and myths of antiquity to the stories/events in the Bible.
nwdfanparade
Under 18s

Been liked: 146 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:49 am

I understand where you are coming from, just curious if there is a book has everything in it.....perhaps Russel Crowe should make a movie about all this rather than some greeny environmentalist based movie like Noah
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Booney » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:13 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I understand where you are coming from, just curious if there is a book has everything in it.....perhaps Russel Crowe should make a movie about all this rather than some greeny environmentalist based movie like Noah

The best advice anyone could give Russell Crowe is to stop making movies altogether!!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby dedja » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:18 pm

I knew it ... resurrection my arse.

Bloody fairy tales.
dedja
Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:31 am

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I understand where you are coming from, just curious if there is a book has everything in it.....perhaps Russel Crowe should make a movie about all this rather than some greeny environmentalist based movie like Noah

The best advice anyone could give Russell Crowe is to stop making movies altogether!!!

Don't forget his music 'career'...
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion