Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:21 am

passionatelegsfan wrote:One of the very few times in my life i was barracking for centrals and they let me down. I am depressed about what the sanfl has become now. It is ajoke and people that supportthe crows and power reserves are not real south australians.can somebody give me one good reason to keep following it?

I'm not south Australian because I follow a team that has been apart of this competition since day 1? Seriously my 10 year old niece doesn't even cry this much. You don't need a good reason to keep following, you need to walk away so the rest opus don't have to keep listening to you cry about it.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby sjt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:46 am

kickinit wrote:
passionatelegsfan wrote:One of the very few times in my life i was barracking for centrals and they let me down. I am depressed about what the sanfl has become now. It is ajoke and people that supportthe crows and power reserves are not real south australians.can somebody give me one good reason to keep following it?

I'm not south Australian because I follow a team that has been apart of this competition since day 1? Seriously my 10 year old niece doesn't even cry this much. You don't need a good reason to keep following, you need to walk away so the rest opus don't have to keep listening to you cry about it.

It's the first year of two full time professional teams playing in our league.
Watching yesterday's game I still can't understand how they're allowed to play in our league. The licenses are sold, we don't need them, though they may need us.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:56 am

The afl teams need us

And 6 clubs bent over without consultation
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

Postby wing man » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:59 am

maybe the introduction of the afl reserves clubs will help lift the 8 sanfl clubs up another level and we will have a better sanfl comp and better afl teams, I hope so
wing man
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby sjt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:06 am

wing man wrote:maybe the introduction of the afl reserves clubs will help lift the 8 sanfl clubs up another level and we will have a better sanfl comp and better afl teams, I hope so

How will that happen? Make the players full time footballers, supply them with the best medical and rehab facilities? Have 10 full time assistant coaches, a 10 million salary cap, pre season in Dubai? How will they lift to afl level? I'm pretty sure they're trying to perform to their maximum.
sjt
League - Best 21

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:56 am

sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Watching yesterday's game I still can't understand how they're allowed to play in our league. The licenses are sold, we don't need them, though they may need us.

So how long do you think the SANFl would survive without AO? I'd give 3 years max. Face it the only thing that has kept the SANFL alive is the AFL.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:13 pm

kickinit wrote:
sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:

So how long do you think the SANFl would survive without AO? I'd give 3 years max. Face it the only thing that has kept the SANFL alive is the AFL.

SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.
If it wasnt for the SANFL you wouldnt even still be in the AFL
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:22 pm

Jim05 wrote:SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.

Since when did the SANFL buy AO? Maybe you should go back and read the post before shooting your mouth off. To say Port and the crows need the SANFL is the biggest laugh out there. Why do you think we now play footy at AO? Why do you think the AFL didn't want the SANFL in control of the licenses? The AFL sides do not need the SANFL, but the SANFL does need the the AFL. Have fun paying for that LEASE if there was no AFL games there.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:29 pm

kickinit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.

Since when did the SANFL buy AO? Maybe you should go back and read the post before shooting your mouth off. To say Port and the crows need the SANFL is the biggest laugh out there. Why do you think we now play footy at AO? Why do you think the AFL didn't want the SANFL in control of the licenses? The AFL sides do not need the SANFL, but the SANFL does need the the AFL. Have fun paying for that LEASE if there was no AFL games there.

If you dont need us piss off and go find another comp to play in. The SANFL will survive without the two AFL reserves sides.
The SANFL can quite easily live off the proceeds of AAMI and the rent from AO.
Im sure with your new found wealth you could afford to put your ressies in the VFL and travel to Melbourne every second week
Jim05
Coach

Postby sjt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:37 pm

kickinit wrote:

The sanfl has locked in the management rights at Adelaide oval, they've sold the afl licences and own the west lakes land. With these income streams and realised and potential cash injections, the sanfl no longer needs to bow to the whims of the afl clubs. The sanfl could tell the two AFLs teams to piss off out of our league and it would have no impact on this income. Hence, if they (crows and power) believe having reserves teams in the sanfl is of some actual benefit to their afl teams performance then they need the sanfl competition more than the sanfl needs them in our competition.
sjt
League - Best 21

Postby o five » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Because the soft and easy approach would be not to follow it anymore.
:oops:
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:02 pm

sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:

The sanfl has locked in the management rights at Adelaide oval, they've sold the afl licences and own the west lakes land. With these income streams and realised and potential cash injections, the sanfl no longer needs to bow to the whims of the afl clubs. The sanfl could tell the two AFLs teams to piss off out of our league and it would have no impact on this income. Hence, if they (crows and power) believe having reserves teams in the sanfl is of some actual benefit to their afl teams performance then they need the sanfl competition more than the sanfl needs them in our competition.

Which can be taken away from them at any time. The land at west lakes is going to take 15+ years to see any money injection. Plus you add the fact that SANFL clubs are struggling to make a profit.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

If you dont need us piss off and go find another comp to play in. The SANFL will survive without the two AFL reserves sides.
Im sure with your new found wealth you could afford to put your ressies in the VFL and travel to Melbourne every second week

You said it yourself JIM you need our rent money from AO.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby sjt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 pm

kickinit wrote:
sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Which can be taken away from them at any time. The land at west lakes is going to take 15+ years to see any money injection. Plus you add the fact that SANFL clubs are struggling to make a profit.

I can't debate your first two sentences as I've never seen that mentioned anywhere, obviously you have to state it as fact.
sjt
League - Best 21

Postby Jim05 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:11 pm

kickinit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
kickinit wrote:

You said it yourself JIM you need our rent money from AO.

Of course we want the money but you have no option in that unless you find a new ground.
Whether or not your ressies play in the SANFL or not will not affect this. You need to be in the SANFL more than the SANFL needs you in it.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 pm

sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:
sjt wrote:
kickinit wrote:The sanfl has locked in the management rights at Adelaide oval, they've sold the afl licences and own the west lakes land. With these income streams and realised and potential cash injections, the sanfl no longer needs to bow to the whims of the afl clubs. The sanfl could tell the two AFLs teams to piss off out of our league and it would have no impact on this income. Hence, if they (crows and power) believe having reserves teams in the sanfl is of some actual benefit to their afl teams performance then they need the sanfl competition more than the sanfl needs them in our competition.

I can't debate your first two sentences as I've never seen that mentioned anywhere, obviously you have to state it as fact.

Im not sure that is correct.
As a SACA member I was led to believe that the SANFL will be co-tennants for ever. I know both AFL sides are trying to get a voice on the SMA atleast but this has been knocked back so far. I dont think the day will ever come where the AFL or two AFL clubs have control over AO.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:28 pm

sjt wrote:I can't debate your first two sentences as I've never seen that mentioned anywhere, obviously you have to state it as fact.

They hold a lease to AO, that lease can be taken away from them at any time if they don't meet their requirements.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Jim05 wrote:Of course we want the money but you have no option in that unless you find a new ground.
Whether or not your ressies play in the SANFL or not will not affect this. You need to be in the SANFL more than the SANFL needs you in it.

All it would take is for the AFL to start a ressie comp and then buy AO from the government. Then you know what that means bye bye SANFL
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby sjt » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:34 pm

kickinit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Of course we want the money but you have no option in that unless you find a new ground.

All it would take is for the AFL to start a ressie comp and then buy AO from the government. Then you know what that means bye bye SANFL

Oh, is that all.
sjt
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:36 pm

I did say in the pre game I thought the crows were a big chance.

It was always going to be tough for the dogs to beat a side who is fitter, faster, stronger on the massive Elizabeth oval.

The crows relished playing on a larger oval for the first time this year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL