Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Postby luketorrens » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:03 pm

LMA wrote:
arcadefire wrote:R.I.P SANFL :evil:

Sick of this reference. The Sanfl died years ago in terms of standard, probably due to excessive money in country leagues and the growing popularity in soccer. If an Sanfl side can't beat a bunch of talented kids who have only played against boys and underdone/out of form AFL players then the standard is shit. 10 years ago an afl reserves side would not get within 10 goals of a top 5 League side.

Absolutely.
luketorrens
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby LMA » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 pm

LPH wrote:
heater31 wrote:Biggest thing I took out of the day was the distinct lack of emotion of Paul Stewart when he finally managed to slot a goal today, a piss weak high five to a team mate like he was embarrassed to kick one against his former club :oops:

The Club that devloped him as a Junior into the AFL listed player he is, you mean... :roll:

Eagles or AFL, hmmmm tough decision :roll:
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LPH » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 pm

The point was made about his lack of enthusiasm in celebrating a goal, not that he's playing for PAPs.
Read the ENTIRE thread there LMA
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby saintal » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:06 pm

LMA wrote:

Sick of this reference. The Sanfl died years ago in terms of standard, probably due to excessive money in country leagues and the growing popularity in soccer. If an Sanfl side can't beat a bunch of talented kids who have only played against boys and underdone/out of form AFL players then the standard is shit. 10 years ago an afl reserves side would not get within 10 goals of a top 5 League side.

A compromised league is a compromised league, regardless of how good or bad the standard is. That's irrelevant. Ravens were spanked in their first 2 games. Doesn't make it right.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby sjt » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 pm

LMA wrote:

"A bunch of talented kids", I'd be interested to know the median age of both teams. I reckon the crows on Saturday would have been older and more experienced than centrals.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Reddeer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:08 pm

LMA wrote:
LPH wrote:
heater31 wrote:Biggest thing I took out of the day was the distinct lack of emotion of Paul Stewart when he finally managed to slot a goal today, a piss weak high five to a team mate like he was embarrassed to kick one against his former club :oops:

The Club that devloped him as a Junior into the AFL listed player he is, you mean... :roll:

Eagles or AFL, hmmmm tough decision :roll:

Don't' you mean $100 or $10,000 per game tough decision
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:10 pm

LPH wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:Eagles 8.3 51
... so President Kurt 'traitor' Slaven would no doubt have a big grin on his face. At what cost I am not sure.......

To be fair, he was acting (in what he believed) was the Club's best interests.
Treachery is a little harsh. I would suggest more disrespectful (of the Members) rather than treacherous.

Ok you are correct. Maybe I was a little harsh

But he did have the opportunity to dig his heels in but turned to jelly (like most of the other Presidents) when the Crows bluffed when told they were going to play amateurs (which was never going to happen).

We got low 4000s today. I wonder what crowd would have turned up if we played the true magpies? Maybe 1000 less? I hope this was worth it because if the Eagles were the Premiership favourites (as Sportsbet had them last weekend) then I'd be putting the house on the Power whatever they are paying. The Power are a 15 goal better side then us.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby maxyoz » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Blackwhite wrote: an SANFL player who only trains for 4-6 hour a week!!

Huh? SANFL players are "at the club" a lot more than that. This is why so many kids are playing country and amateur league footy. They got sick of training 5 days a week plus game day for $75. They can train one night at Mt Compass, for example, and get paid $800.

A typical SANFL player:
Monday - light training run match review.
Tuesday - weights session, massage, rehab.
Wednesday - main training session.
Thursday - day off.
Friday - Team meeting, light training run, generally touch work, game structure.
Saturday - Game day.
Sunday - Rehab Session.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:13 pm

maxyoz wrote:
Blackwhite wrote: an SANFL player who only trains for 4-6 hour a week!!

Huh? SANFL players are "at the club" a lot more than that. This is why so many kids are playing country and amateur league footy. They got sick of training 5 days a week plus game day for $75. They can train one night at Mt Compass, for example, and get paid $800.

A typical SANFL player:
Monday - light training run match review.
Tuesday - weights session, massage, rehab.
Wednesday - main training session.
Thursday - day off.
Friday - Team meeting, light training run, generally touch work, game structure.
Saturday - Game day.
Sunday - Rehab Session.

Correct that is pretty close to the training requirements of each SANFL club although some might combine the Monday/Tuesday sessions into just the 1.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby luketorrens » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 pm

My cousin, who would not get an SANFL game gets $500 per game in the country and trains twice a week. The SANFL can't compete.
luketorrens
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby LMA » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm

sjt wrote:
LMA wrote:

"A bunch of talented kids", I'd be interested to know the median age of both teams. I reckon the crows on Saturday would have been older and more experienced than centrals.

Yeah the older players come under the underdone/out of form AFL players part of the post ;)
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby the joker » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:48 pm

John butcher injured or had a day out? Win by 10 goals and he has 3 kicks
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby RB » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
LPH wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:Eagles 8.3 51
... so President Kurt 'traitor' Slaven would no doubt have a big grin on his face. At what cost I am not sure.......

To be fair, he was acting (in what he believed) was the Club's best interests.
Treachery is a little harsh. I would suggest more disrespectful (of the Members) rather than treacherous.

Ok you are correct. Maybe I was a little harsh

But he did have the opportunity to dig his heels in but turned to jelly (like most of the other Presidents) when the Crows bluffed when told they were going to play amateurs (which was never going to happen).

We got low 4000s today. I wonder what crowd would have turned up if we played the true magpies? Maybe 1000 less? I hope this was worth it because if the Eagles were the Premiership favourites (as Sportsbet had them last weekend) then I'd be putting the house on the Power whatever they are paying. The Power are a 15 goal better side then us.
You weren't being too harsh. Whether or not he thought he was acting in the best interests of the club, he ducked up so badly that no word does justice to what he did, especially given how he ignored the members who elected him.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Sanflfirst » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:54 pm

There are so many other threads to discuss the merits or otherwise of the Crows/Power in the SANFL and yet all threads seem to degenerate into an endless regurgitatation of the argument. Thought this thread was to discuss the Eagles/Power game but obviously not. I'm more interested on who stood McGregor, what were the major talking points from the game etc. Reckon i'll stop coming onto this forum as every thread ends up talking about the same crap!
Sanflfirst
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:54 pm

the joker wrote:John butcher injured or had a day out? Win by 10 goals and he has 3 kicks

Just playing atleast one grade too high.
Should be in the Power reserves, reserves
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
the joker wrote:John butcher injured or had a day out? Win by 10 goals and he has 3 kicks

Just playing atleast one grade too high.
Should be in the Power reserves, reserves

The Power C grade?????

one of those was off his shin in the goal square :shock:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby LPH » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Sanflfirst wrote:There are so many other threads to discuss the merits or otherwise of the Crows/Power in the SANFL and yet all threads seem to degenerate into an endless regurgitatation of the argument. Thought this thread was to discuss the Eagles/Power game but obviously not. I'm more interested on who stood McGregor, what were the major talking points from the game etc. Reckon i'll stop coming onto this forum as every thread ends up talking about the same crap!

With respect,
What thread do you suggest people discuss crowd numbers for the Port v Eagles game or the lack of enthusiasm shown by a former WWT player when kicking a goal against his original club?
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby RB » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:11 pm

heater31 wrote:The Power C grade?????
I believe they're called the 'Academy side'. But what's in a name? :smile:
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 764 times
Been liked: 1074 times

Postby Bunton » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 pm

saintal wrote:34 shots to 11, and 68 inside 50s to just 25. Could have been another triple figure win to the Power reserves.

How's Wundke moving this season? Has had a pretty modest start.

Much better than his scaredy cat mate, who missed for a second week due to 'concussion'!
Bunton
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby southee » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Bunton wrote:
saintal wrote:34 shots to 11, and 68 inside 50s to just 25. Could have been another triple figure win to the Power reserves.

How's Wundke moving this season? Has had a pretty modest start.

Much better than his scaredy cat mate, who missed for a second week due to 'concussion'!

No surprises there ! Probably still getting the pay check .... :roll:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL