AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:13 am

Booney wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Sorry Booney, you were right as another thread turns to shit. Bet you weren't expecting it to be one of the Pro Ressie posters to bring it down though :evil: :roll:

Not just this thread Johnny, the whole SANFL forum has turned to shit. Every thread is filled with anti-Port anti-Adelaide sentiment, FFS, there's even a ladder that doesn't acknowledge the two sides existence! Talk about head-in-the sand denial. Quite laughable that people are that immature. :lol:

If all the people who simply threatened to walk away from the competition all together in among the heat of debate last year actually did, it wouldn't bother me one bit. Sure, long standing SANFL fans lost to the competition is not a good thing, but constant pissing and moaning about wanting the good 'ol days back simply won't bring them back.

And nothing, nothing ads more to a game review thread than asking "What scarves were people wearing?" :roll: :lol:

It's only gone to sh!t because of Ports treachery 24 years ago.... ;)
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby cennals05 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:17 am

bennymacca wrote:
if any of you were crows or port members, do you think you would want to get into your reserves for free? i sure do, and probably wouldnt have gone the other week to watch centrals and the crows if i didnt get in for nothing.

I'm a Centrals member and I can't get in to watch Centrals reserves for free so I'm not sure why the AFL teams supporters should be given any special treatment.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:20 am

I'm sorry what? You don't see the reserves as part of your entry?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:21 am

Interesting that SANFL members have to pay to get into finals. But supporters of a team from another competition get into the SANFL for free.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby cennals05 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:31 am

bennymacca wrote:I'm sorry what? You don't see the reserves as part of your entry?

If I want to go watch the Centrals reserves and not the league I still have to pay to get in. I also don't get to go to 4 other SANFL minor round games or the finals for free like the Crows members do.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm pretty sure I don't get free sanfl games as a crows member. If you are essential crows which is the level above you are essentially sanfl members so you do get 10 sanfl games a year and the finals but you pay extra for that.

And as a centrals member you have already paid for the league the reserves is an added benefit, as it should be and is with the crows
bennymacca
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:22 pm

bennymacca wrote:I'm pretty sure I don't get free sanfl games as a crows member. If you are essential crows which is the level above you are essentially sanfl members so you do get 10 sanfl games a year and the finals but you pay extra for that.

And as a centrals member you have already paid for the league the reserves is an added benefit, as it should be and is with the crows

I can buy a 3 game membership to the Crows and get into ALL their SANFL games for free. I can't pay for a 3 game membership to Centrals and then go to all their reserves games for free.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Yes, there is a difference between being a member, member/season ticket or Silver/Gold and what benefits each one gives you.

I don't think "just" an AFC membership gives you much more than that, club membership.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7481 times
Been liked: 10770 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:29 pm

cennals05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I'm pretty sure I don't get free sanfl games as a crows member. If you are essential crows which is the level above you are essentially sanfl members so you do get 10 sanfl games a year and the finals but you pay extra for that.

I can buy a 3 game membership to the Crows and get into ALL their SANFL games for free. I can't pay for a 3 game membership to Centrals and then go to all their reserves games for free.

Neither can they.

As far as I know it is only essential crows and power members that get 10 sanfl games a year plus finals, as well as their reserves teams now.

Happy to be corrected though as it could have changed at the start of this year
bennymacca
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:32 pm

bennymacca wrote:
cennals05 wrote:

Neither can they.

As far as I know it is only essential crows and power members that get 10 sanfl games a year plus finals, as well as their reserves teams now.

Happy to be corrected though as it could have changed at the start of this year

From the Crows website...

In a landmark move for the Club, Adelaide will compete in the SANFL competition for the first time in its 23-year history.

Ticketed members receive free access to all 18 of the Club's SANFL matches throughout the 2014 SANFL season.

Eligible categories include Season Ticket, Essential Crows, GA 11 and Bronze 3. Members are required to present their 2014 membership card at any one of the Club's fixtures for entry.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:46 pm

considering the crows have zero home games and any revenue on the day go straight to the home club i reckon it's a fair deal.. The bays would have made a killing on friday night just from canteen and bar sales.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3023 times
Been liked: 2398 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Interesting that SANFL members have to pay to get into finals. But supporters of a team from another competition get into the SANFL for free.

This always seems to get ignored by those defending the Crows ticket situation when I post it.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:01 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Ticketed members receive free access to all 18 of the Club's SANFL matches throughout the 2014 SANFL season.

Eligible categories include Season Ticket, Essential Crows, GA 11 and Bronze 3. Members are required to present their 2014 membership card at any one of the Club's fixtures for entry.

Ok, so that has replaced the previous 10 SANFL games part of it.

still not sure where you got the "4 other minor round games for free" part of it from though.

Dogwatcher wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Interesting that SANFL members have to pay to get into finals. But supporters of a team from another competition get into the SANFL for free.

This always seems to get ignored by those defending the Crows ticket situation when I post it.

has this been removed this year?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Has what been removed?
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:14 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Has what been removed?

free SANFL grand final entry for crows and port essential members?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 pm

To clarify, I'm talking SANFL club members.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby cennals05 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:To clarify, I'm talking SANFL club members.

I can't find any details on SANFL membership only Adelaide Oval Football memberships which do give you access to finals etc.

The Essential Crows and Port members get free access to Finals and 4 minor round games on top of access to their reserves team. Which is interesting because 100% of the money goes to the club, nothing is given back to the SANFL....

Status as an Adelaide Football Club member, with 100% of your membership subscription going to the Club

If this membership essentially makes you an SANFL member as bennymacca stated above, then why doesn't some of the money go back to the SANFL when you buy this membership?
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:26 pm

its a pretty decent question. The Essential members used to be called SANFL category B members as far as i am aware, might be wrong on that, but i still assumed it was a similar setup.

It has probably changed with the transfer of the licences to the clubs.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:15 pm

cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:To clarify, I'm talking SANFL club members.

I can't find any details on SANFL membership only Adelaide Oval Football memberships which do give you access to finals etc.

The Essential Crows and Port members get free access to Finals and 4 minor round games on top of access to their reserves team. Which is interesting because 100% of the money goes to the club, nothing is given back to the SANFL....

Status as an Adelaide Football Club member, with 100% of your membership subscription going to the Club

If this membership essentially makes you an SANFL member as bennymacca stated above, then why doesn't some of the money go back to the SANFL when you buy this membership?

Power essential members don't get access to any sanfl games. The club 1870 does get you access to all 20 magpies games, the membership is $750 and is black diamond power magpies season ticket combined. Not sure what money goes back to the clubs from the magpies season ticket, but it the same as all the other clubs.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby UK Fan » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Booney wrote:So back to you, if Port and Adelaide left the SANFL do you think there would be enough support, sponsorship and patronage to games to support a healthy competition? .

Been trying this angle for how many years ???

The SANFl without AFl involvement would be the undisputed 2nd best league in Australia.

The SANFL and SANFL clubs would be the envy of every other state league/clubs in Australia.

Players would flock to clubs that purely have their personal development and winning a premiership in this competition at the forefront of everything it does.

THe SANFL would be 10 times stronger than what its going to be. Local sponsor would flock to find a cheaper alternative to publish their brand to their local area. Its been let down by a commission designed to protect it and can not stop mistake the over investing in everything AFL!!!!!!

Thats what got them in financial difficulties in the first place and it will do again.

How is Port Melbourne doing btw compared with other VFL clubs ?????

How many times Do I have to say this to you mr Boon and in how many different forums FFS!!!!

Seven stated they were taking on SANFL with or without crows/port.

PRO:

The Port magpies are dead!!!!!!! Happy days.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL