Wedding Venue

Anything!

Wedding Venue

Postby HH3 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:29 pm

We're trying to plan a wedding, and we're a trying to save money where we can.

We have a few places we're looking at that do the whole thing, but after attending an awesome wedding in Streaky Bay over the weekend that was done differently, we're now looking into getting a venue, caterer, etc separately.

The only problem is we can't find anywhere that looks the way the missus wants that isn't a winery or a function centre that only does the full deal.

Does anyone know of anywhere that is rustic, where we could organise our own catering, bar, band, etc?

Cheers
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Wedding Venue

Postby Johno6 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:38 pm

no.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:44 pm

HH3 wrote:The only problem is we can't find anywhere that looks the way the missus wants

I find it extremely difficult to believe your missus is overly choosey.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:58 pm

have you tried Sunnybrae Farm?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:58 pm

you hire out the local footy club and decorate it yourself

you hire a company like Robs Roast that come and do all the food

you brew your own beer/wine/spirits
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:05 pm

or a mate with a scenic backyard
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 pm

HH3 wrote:We're trying to plan a wedding, and we're a trying to save money where we can.

We have a few places we're looking at that do the whole thing, but after attending an awesome wedding in Streaky Bay over the weekend that was done differently, we're now looking into getting a venue, caterer, etc separately.

The only problem is we can't find anywhere that looks the way the missus wants that isn't a winery or a function centre that only does the full deal.

Does anyone know of anywhere that is rustic, where we could organise our own catering, bar, band, etc?

Cheers
I dont reckon any licensed venue will let you do the bar.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:09 pm

you can supply the alcohol, but would have to pay for a licensed person for the night
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:40 pm

HH3 wrote:We're trying to plan a wedding, and we're a trying to save money where we can.

Cheers

@HH3

hang on....you didn't attend the wedding in Streaky that is currently clogging up my Facebook news feed did you??? :shock:

Find it hard to believe that there was 2 weddings in 2 days there....... :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:01 pm

heater31 wrote:

Cheers

@HH3

hang on....you didn't attend the wedding in Streaky that is currently clogging up my Facebook news feed did you??? :shock:

The one I went to was on Friday.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:02 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:you can supply the alcohol, but would have to pay for a licensed person for the night

Yeah thats what we were planning on doing. There are people you can hire that set everything up and supply the alcohol that are sometimes cheaper than the wineries, etc.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:have you tried Sunnybrae Farm?

Nah they're dicks. My work shares a wire fence with them. Their lawnmower shot a rock through my windscreen a couple of years ago and when I confronted them, they claimed they dont do groundwork on weekdays. However the dickhead was on the lawnmower nearly EVERY weekday,

Plus their peacocks climb up onto our cars and scratch them.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:10 pm

st francis winery goes alright...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:30 pm

HH3 wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Cheers

@HH3

The one I went to was on Friday.

um yeah that was Friday I think.... :?

Photos look alright, everything would have been organised by the bride, she loves that shit . Likes them that much she is licensed to conduct them :lol:
heater31

Postby dedja » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:59 pm

HH3 wrote:The only problem is we can't find anywhere that looks the way the missus wants that isn't a winery or a function centre that only does the full deal.

Therein lies your problem.

Get out whilst you still can, this woman will do you no end of harm.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 pm

Yeah thats the one Heater. Shes my missus's's cousin.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 pm

HH3 wrote:Yeah thats the one Heater. Shes my missus's's cousin.

At the very least you should get a cheap celebrant :lol:
heater31

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Have you tried The Cedars at Hahndorf?

I was a groomsman in a mate's wedding about five years ago, and he had the ceremony there, and the reception was at The Old Mill.

I'm sure they'd be pretty accommodating to most requests.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Pag » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Cheers
I'm just starting wedding planning as well at the moment mate. Horrible pain it is. Feel free to send us a PM if you're stuck, we may have some of the same issues.

A lot of options depend on how many people you're intending to have, and whether its cocktail style or sit down. This seemed to dictate lots of our options for a venue. You can organise your own band almost anywhere, the grog and the catering can be more of an issue.

Al-Ru Farm may be one to try, not a winery but rustic still.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:16 am

Pag wrote:

Cheers
I'm just starting wedding planning as well at the moment mate. Horrible pain it is. Feel free to send us a PM if you're stuck, we may have some of the same issues.

A lot of options depend on how many people you're intending to have, and whether its cocktail style or sit down. This seemed to dictate lots of our options for a venue. You can organise your own band almost anywhere, the grog and the catering can be more of an issue.

Al-Ru Farm may be one to try, not a winery but rustic still.

Yeah Ive been looking at Al-Ru. It looks really good. I'll talk to the boss about it when I get home tonight.

We've been to two weddings this month. The first was a sit down, which we planned on doing. The second was a cocktail, which has changed our mind. The main reason was the sit down was a bit stagnant, and not many people mingled or got up to dance. They also had an "MC" who was just a fat guy telling shit jokes.

The cocktail one had a really good band, good food and was more of a party atmosphere, which was a lot more fun.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Next

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion