Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 5 - Adelaide v Port Magpies @ Clare Oval (Sun 4/5)

Postby Wedgie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:08 am

Port by 180.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby bennymacca » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 am

Wedgie wrote:Port by 180.

lol.

reckon the line would be 50+ though.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Go Sharks » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:25 pm

Well done for taking the SANFL to the country. Should happen more often.
Go Sharks
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby mal » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 pm

LOWDOWN 1

Port B grade to win the inaugural Lowdown

Should be a brilliant game to watch
I've seen Ports play a few times, they are an exciting team to watch in the SANFL
Being told the Crows play some nice attractive footy at times

Some of the other teams in the comp play zoney floody footy , as a spectacle its a bit of a turn off at times
This game should be good to watch

My score line prediction Port B grade by 55 points
PR 20-16
AR 12.9
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1155 times
Been liked: 909 times

Postby twosheds » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 pm

bennymacca wrote:
twosheds wrote:
Leon_LeCornu wrote:Great that Adelaide are supporting real grass roots football and great that Port agreed to this game - of course no one would be against it, but none of the SANFL clubs ever organise anything like this, so great initiative. Will be great to watch professional footballers run around on a country ground in a competitive game!

I'm tipping Port here. Whole team is in great form and Buddha is clearly getting his message across more and more every week. The likes of Moore, P.Stew, O'Shea and Newton could be in the Power team easily now and the new top up players are looking good. Take particular notion of young Zac Hawkins, a real star of the future and a Port Adelaide boy. The diverse backgrounds of this team really show what Port Adelaide is about, a team for everyone, and i'm loving watching it! To Clare!

Hmm so I must have also dreamt going to watch SANFL games at Whyalla, Port Pirie, Berri, Balaklava etc

It has been a while though right? maybe not in the past several years? happy to be corrected.

I too am looking forward to this game. Just over an hour drive away for me, so I think ill make the trek. Im almost certain Tex will play this game too, given the crows have a bye the week after, so it would seem silly to rush him back for melbourne before the bye.

At the risk of sounding pedantic Leon did say "ever" but hey I'm living in the past, got my head in the sand etc. A good cause will benefit from this game but personally - its an exhibition.
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Go Sharks wrote:Well done for taking the SANFL to the country. Should happen more often.

they have taken the game to the country previously as well on a more regular basis
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Leon_LeCornu » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Can someone tell me the last H&A game played in the country was, and why SANFL clubs have abandoned the country since?
Leon_LeCornu
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Leon_LeCornu wrote:Can someone tell me the last H&A game played in the country was, and why SANFL clubs have abandoned the country since?

Souths play at Noarlunga, surely that counts? :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:46 pm

Leon_LeCornu wrote:Can someone tell me the last H&A game played in the country was, and why SANFL clubs have abandoned the country since?

West & Sturt played each other in their respective zones a couple of seasons ago.

Why don't they play there anymore? Would think the cost of transporting players and support staff would be a big factor.

Port Magpies haven't played in their zone since the 90's and probably won't again ever....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 pm

probably for another thread, but have we had any word on what is happening to port's zone next year? has the carve up been decided?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby downspine » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Port will win and win easily
But the Prospect of Walker at one end and Rutten the other will be great for country footy
Walker would need to kick 10 for any chance the Crows have off winning
downspine
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Go Sharks » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:02 pm

It should be much closer than that. Im expecting a close one in the wet conditions
Go Sharks
Mini-League

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:55 pm

Can someone tell me the last time a game between two reserves teams was the only game of the round televised?
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 449 times
Been liked: 1215 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby dedja » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:00 pm

every week in the 70's and early 80's ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 pm

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Can someone tell me the last time a game between two reserves teams was the only game of the round televised?

:roll:
bennymacca
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 am

bennymacca wrote:
twosheds wrote:
Leon_LeCornu wrote:Great that Adelaide are supporting real grass roots football and great that Port agreed to this game - of course no one would be against it, but none of the SANFL clubs ever organise anything like this, so great initiative. Will be great to watch professional footballers run around on a country ground in a competitive game!

I'm tipping Port here. Whole team is in great form and Buddha is clearly getting his message across more and more every week. The likes of Moore, P.Stew, O'Shea and Newton could be in the Power team easily now and the new top up players are looking good. Take particular notion of young Zac Hawkins, a real star of the future and a Port Adelaide boy. The diverse backgrounds of this team really show what Port Adelaide is about, a team for everyone, and i'm loving watching it! To Clare!

Hmm so I must have also dreamt going to watch SANFL games at Whyalla, Port Pirie, Berri, Balaklava etc

It has been a while though right? maybe not in the past several years? happy to be corrected.

I too am looking forward to this game. Just over an hour drive away for me, so I think ill make the trek. Im almost certain Tex will play this game too, given the crows have a bye the week after, so it would seem silly to rush him back for melbourne before the bye.

So Centrals lose another fan going to their game this weekend. I can see how this is good for us SANFL clubs.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby smac » Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 am

Spoken like a true country resident with a chip on their shoulder about them nasty city folk!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 10:04 am

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
twosheds wrote:

So Centrals lose another fan going to their game this weekend. I can see how this is good for us SANFL clubs.

Except for the fact that the centrals game is on Saturday, so I was never going to go to it anyway as I will be at the crows game.

But thanks for trying to guess at my intentions
bennymacca
Coach

Postby heater31 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:07 am

bennymacca wrote:Except for the fact that the centrals game is on Saturday, so I was never going to go to it anyway as I will be at the crows game.

But thanks for trying to guess at my intentions

Um its been changed to Sunday....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 01, 2014 10:10 am

Well that's awkward because it still says Saturday on the sanfl website, I double checked.

Honestly though given it is in the country and something of an occasion I would probably still go to the crows. So I guess whufc is right then.
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL