RD 6 Central V North postmortem

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: RD 6 Central V North postmortem

Postby johntheclaret » Sun May 11, 2014 9:07 pm

FFS "stupid Coach", I can't believe what I am reading. What a total lack of respect for the coach. Is he the same coach who brought you a dozen consecutive grand final appearances winning ten of them?

He can only do his best with the cattle he has got. He doesn't suddenly go from being one of the greatest coach in SANFL history to a poor coach overnight. Maybe you need to analyse the players he has to work with and question their ability and commitment. The trouble with you guys is you've had it too good for too long. If he was Healy, them I'd say fair point.

And as for players ridiculing him and his decisions, get rid of them. They aren't club men and will only do to Centrals what "player power" did to South.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Big Phil » Sun May 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Ugly win and even tho the Dogs won i am still puzzled by Lairdy's player placements Collier in ruck ???

It was almost the match winning move - Collier into Ruck - which Roy has used in previous seasons. Nothing puzzling about it. It was very tactical...

Apachebulldog wrote:Was Lairdy experimenting with his players has he realised the Dogs will not make the finals this year ??? or was just it stupid coaching ????
No, he was just doing what he had to do, based on the opposition. Milne isn't a pigeon-holed Ruckman, can play forward, now back and of course in ruck. Flexibility is a good thing. Milne's opponent only really kicked 2 or 3 directly on him, the others were as a result of turnovers from Central's poor skill level.

Apachebulldog wrote:For me if the Dogs can win 4 to 6 games this year it will be a milestone.

They have won 2 now so far, this season and face Glenelg next week. You'd suspect they will start favourites and if they win that will have their 3rd win for season. To say you're hoping they'd only be winning another couple of games being a milestone is pretty ridiculous and disrespectful, I reckon...
Last edited by Big Phil on Sun May 11, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Phil
Coach

Has liked: 120 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby carey » Sun May 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Hey WHUFC is all the hype around Josh Glenn warranted?

Never seen the lad play but hearing huge wraps. How old? AFL an option or should I say achievable?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Sun May 11, 2014 9:21 pm

carey wrote:Hey WHUFC is all the hype around Josh Glenn warranted?

Never seen the lad play but hearing huge wraps. How old? AFL an option or should I say achievable?

Yep SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!

At a guess I would say his around 20-21

Has all the KPI's of a gun footballer
-can win his own footy
-amazing disposal
-great decision making
-always look like he has plenty of time when in possession
-can play fwd, def, mid
-works hard
-courageous
-good mark for his size

Only question mark when it comes to AFL level will be the lack of commitment he has shown to play at that level so far, and he does lack abit of size and his not express pace. Though I think the AFL style of football will really suit him.

Also against South he seemed to struggle to shake a tag but that may have been the first time he would ever have had someone tag him. At AFL level early in his career that wont be an issue.

The one real big criticism of him though is his ability to play the ball that goes straight on against whufc, trapped him plump in front for single figures :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby carey » Sun May 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Ohh we'll not AFL level then, if any gets dismissed by you they aren't up to it! Lol :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 pm

carey wrote:Ohh we'll not AFL level then, if any gets dismissed by you they aren't up to it! Lol :lol:

Yep that's a major blimp on his resume. :lol:

Got him with what I call the "keyser soze" stolen from the Usual Suspect film

"The greatest trick whufc ever pulled was convincing the world his spin existed."
whufc
Coach

Postby Dog_ger » Mon May 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Never thought we would beat the Roosters.

I am :D

Mrs_Dog_ger is :twisted:

Great to see both clubs in a struggle.

Well done guys. =D>
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby dedja » Mon May 12, 2014 5:24 pm

no celebratory military boot then?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon May 12, 2014 8:42 pm

dedja wrote:no celebratory military boot then?

How about a moon boot?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby jim5112 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Ugly win and even tho the Dogs won i am still puzzled by Lairdy's player placements Collier in ruck ??? Milne at fullback ??? you would of thought that after Luke Mitchell kicked 3 GOALS he would of put Collier onto Mitchell who ended up with five goals,

Was Lairdy experimenting with his players has he realised the Dogs will not make the finals this year ??? or was just it stupid coaching ??????? also seemed to be a lot of confusion at the interchange ????

Dogs skills still very disappointing !!!

For me if the Dogs can win 4 to 6 games this year it will be a milestone.

What do other doggy supporters at the game thoughts on this debacle ??????

Luckily, you are not our coach.

with TC in the ruck, we managed to compete in the centre clearances, instead of getting smashed like in recent weeks.

It was a scrappy game, but the boys at least were going in hard and winning some footy -- just enough.

It is way to early to make a call on how the season will pan out. I suspect that South or will hit the wall at some stage -- as usual. Possibly Sturt will do the same.
jim5112
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby o five » Tue May 13, 2014 3:16 pm

We were robbed. The umpiring in that last qtr was bordering on cheating. :x
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby robranisgod » Tue May 13, 2014 5:07 pm

o five wrote:We were robbed. The umpiring in that last qtr was bordering on cheating. :x

Agreed the umpiring was diabolical but our discipline was ordinary too. I am loath to criticise Miles, he is a fantastic player who is playing under great duress at the moment, but it was ridiculous for him to go off his tree and give away a free for abuse which directly cost us a goal and put Central within 5 points. The mark for which he wasn't paid was so unbelievable an effort that the umpire probably incorrectly believed that it must have bounced. And as for O'Brien, who is also playing under duress, it was equally ridiculous of him to push the Central player over after he "fainted" and was awarded the free. Instead of kicking from 75 metres he kicked from 50 and Central goaled from that play. Poor umpiring but even worse discipline.

I am non plussed as to how Thiele wasn't awarded a free in the goal square in the last couple of minutes, but I reiterate if our discipline was better we still would have won.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby cennals05 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:16 pm

robranisgod wrote:
o five wrote:We were robbed. The umpiring in that last qtr was bordering on cheating. :x

Agreed the umpiring was diabolical but our discipline was ordinary too. I am loath to criticise Miles, he is a fantastic player who is playing under great duress at the moment, but it was ridiculous for him to go off his tree and give away a free for abuse which directly cost us a goal and put Central within 5 points. The mark for which he wasn't paid was so unbelievable an effort that the umpire probably incorrectly believed that it must have bounced. And as for O'Brien, who is also playing under duress, it was equally ridiculous of him to push the Central player over after he "fainted" and was awarded the free. Instead of kicking from 75 metres he kicked from 50 and Central goaled from that play. Poor umpiring but even worse discipline.

I am non plussed as to how Thiele wasn't awarded a free in the goal square in the last couple of minutes, but I reiterate if our discipline was better we still would have won.

Obviously you missed the the great acting by 31 for you to get a free kick and goal. Also the Thiele one in the goal square happened right in front of me. He was playing for the free kick. Both players were holding on to one another and then Thiele through his arms back for a free. Meanwhile Nason ran off and went for the ball. If Thiele had also done that it may have stayed in the area and given you guys another chance at goal.

Then there was the ridiculous free that 36 was paid for a push in the back that was no where near in the back. It was a great use of the body in a marking competition. Take off your red and white blinkers. The umpiring was terrible but it didn't favour anyone.
cennals05
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 146 times
Been liked: 248 times

Postby robranisgod » Tue May 13, 2014 5:42 pm

cennals05 wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

Obviously you missed the the great acting by 31 for you to get a free kick and goal. Also the Thiele one in the goal square happened right in front of me. He was playing for the free kick. Both players were holding on to one another and then Thiele through his arms back for a free. Meanwhile Nason ran off and went for the ball. If Thiele had also done that it may have stayed in the area and given you guys another chance at goal.

Then there was the ridiculous free that 36 was paid for a push in the back that was no where near in the back. It was a great use of the body in a marking competition. Take off your red and white blinkers. The umpiring was terrible but it didn't favour anyone.

What you say is exactly why I am a lot more critical of things North could control, like their discipline than I am about the umpiring. So much of decision making depends on where the umpire is positioned. From where we were on the outer wing it looked a clear free to Thiele, you say from near the goals the umpire got it right, also from where we were it looked as though Shannon copped one in the head and Craig copped two hands in his back. Yet on the TV from the grandstand wing it looked as though it was just good body work.
Last edited by robranisgod on Tue May 13, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby o five » Tue May 13, 2014 6:29 pm

cennals05 wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

Rubbish.
Those free kicks sold to your mob were a joke and cost us the game.
Still the odds were good for a Central win and didn`t the umps cash in.
Actually reminded me of the game at Woodville last year when Campbell had his head knocked off and was penalised holding the ball. That cost us also.
Oh well as RIG posted, we should have not reacted as we did. I feel for the players involved though as it was terrible umpiring at a critical time of the game, and it would have been hard to stomach the crap the umpires dished up.
Anyhow well done again Central, you voted NO.
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby whufc » Tue May 13, 2014 6:35 pm

LOL North would haven't been in the game at 3/4 time if it was for the one sided umpiring in the third term.

I honestly think the last quarter was a square up from the quarter before.
whufc
Coach

Postby locky801 » Tue May 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Always know panic stations have set in when people start blaming umpires for a loss ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3707 times
Been liked: 1170 times

Postby sjt » Tue May 13, 2014 10:50 pm

I couldn't believe the one against Williams on the wing. He turned at the last minute and spoiled the ball running the same direction as the ball). The north player ran off about 10 metres, Williams caught him and was given 25 metre penalty.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby whufc » Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 am

Wedgie wrote:
sjt wrote:I couldn't believe the one against Williams on the wing. He turned at the last minute and spoiled the ball running the same direction as the ball). The north player ran off about 10 metres, Williams caught him and was given 25 metre penalty.

Was any contact made by the Central player in the contest no matter how minute?
So he went over the mark before the umpire called play on?

Bit confused by your post as it sounds like the umpire was 100% in the right.

I can't remember the free kick, but after that the North player ran 5-10 directly to his right, Williams followed around on the exact same angle and was then penalised 25m for encroaching the mark
whufc
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 14, 2014 10:59 am

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
sjt wrote:I couldn't believe the one against Williams on the wing. He turned at the last minute and spoiled the ball running the same direction as the ball). The north player ran off about 10 metres, Williams caught him and was given 25 metre penalty.

Was any contact made by the Central player in the contest no matter how minute?
So he went over the mark before the umpire called play on?

Bit confused by your post as it sounds like the umpire was 100% in the right.

I can't remember the free kick, but after that the North player ran 5-10 directly to his right, Williams followed around on the exact same angle and was then penalised 25m for encroaching the mark

Correct decision by the umpire then, how far anyone runs around is irrelevant, its purely from when the umpire calls play on which he obviously didn't.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL