What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in 2014?

Im more interested in the league due to the AFL teams
9%
No change, Im passionate as ever about the league
27%
Im less interested in the league due to the AFL teams
63%

Total votes : 95

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:04 am

Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

FFS, some of us have principles.

I just wish I was as awesome as you constantly remind us you are.

That's me reminding you how awesome I am? I flattered Topsy, you spending time thinking of subliminal messages I may / may not be sending.

I've said it before, how people can just give their club and the competition away so easily is surprising. I know the competition is skewed, I know there's three sets of rules so sure, have less interest in the competition but I would have thought passionate club people would always remain that. Passionate about their club.

well said boon...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 26, 2014 9:48 am

Easy to give up when it's Rafferty's Rules.

Can't be passionate about a club whose Board make decisions without proper consultation.

I would accept the YES vote if concerns from members were addressed but they were shrugged off.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11853 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon May 26, 2014 9:49 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:So Glenelg suffer and the competition would unlikely notice you missing. Well played.

That's me reminding you how awesome I am? I flattered Topsy, you spending time thinking of subliminal messages I may / may not be sending.

I've said it before, how people can just give their club and the competition away so easily is surprising. I know the competition is skewed, I know there's three sets of rules so sure, have less interest in the competition but I would have thought passionate club people would always remain that. Passionate about their club.

well said boon...

So...WUB, you've no time for the people who walked away from the Swans after South Melbourne moved to Sydney? Interested.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby tipper » Mon May 26, 2014 10:21 am

Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:

not sure where any of us have said it was easy.

and personally i have usually found in life that if it is a "big" decision, the right thing to do is very rarely the easiest thing to do. and i found it no different here. not that i am judging anyone elses decision, everyone has to make up their own minds, as i have mine.

i actually want to still support north, and i take an interest in the scores each weekend. its why i keep posting on the topic. as others have said, if my concerns had been addressed, i might have taken a different view, but they werent, in fact the north adelaide president laughed in my face. he has well and truly hitched his wagon to the reserves sides, and actually said that if it didnt work, rather than vote them out, the club would fold.......

i want to see the SANFL survive and continue. it will just be doing it without me and mine while the reserves sides reduces the competition to a farce.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby RB » Mon May 26, 2014 10:41 am

Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:

In ordinary circumstances you would have a point. But it's hard to follow a club that's made a decision which is so bad for it and the competition while completely ignoring members. I'm no longer interested, and my team's sitting second. Just try to imagine if the AFL was screwed up in the worst way you could possibly imagine. I think you'd find it harder to get as passionate about your club then.

Why should we feel a strong affinity to our clubs when they've basically told us to go duck ourselves?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1075 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:45 am

Dogwatcher wrote:So...WUB, you've no time for the people who walked away from the Swans after South Melbourne moved to Sydney? Interested.

since i wasn't even 1 at the time, hasn't really affected my life or put any thought into it. so i would say no.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Reddeer » Mon May 26, 2014 11:49 am

I can see renewed interest in the SANFL when in 2025 it is SAAFL consisting of the following team.
Port Power reserve
Adelaide Crows reserves
West Adelaide Eagles United
Mt Barker Sturt United
South Adelaide Aldinga United
Gawler United
Northwood United
Glenelg Brighton United
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Tech1 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:01 pm

I have lost a bit of interest, more to do with the way this had been handled then anything, three different structures, likely to be similar for a few years, has effected the enjoyment of following the league not just my club. Will always go to Glenelg games, even went to both the power and crows reserves games. have to say the league really has changed in such a short time, the port game had no atmosphere even though we got pumped, the crows game was just lucky walker was coming back. The crowd for crows reserves will decline in coming years and the same for the power, even though they are killing sides they just aren't bringing fans in. Probably have to do something pretty quick or it will well and truly be just like all the other state leagues around the country, we had something unique, something to be proud of and now it's gone.
Tech1
Rookie

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Dog_ger » Sat May 31, 2014 10:22 am

Something changed forever in the SANFL in 2014.

I still check it out in the papers and on the net.

Fair enough if you like it.

I have lost all interest.

The SANFL won't miss me as an individual.

I feel what we had has been taken over.

Its not the same watching it on tv.
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby wild dog » Sat May 31, 2014 12:32 pm

The decision to build Adelaide Oval has changed my thoughts on wanting to see the demise of the Power; I do not want to see a publically funded white elephant harm the state. The Power doing well, although grating, is making the city come to life. If the resurgence continues with both teams filling the stadium, it will benefit the city and state for decades. My guess is that the Power have turned the corner, and even if they start to drop as the AFL cycle dictates (to an extent) I believe that a critical mass of “NEW” Port Power fans will carry the franchise through.

IMO within the current football setup, each time the Adelaide Oval fills, support for the SANFL competition erodes. The SANFL financially benefits, however the AFL interest is now dominating to such an extent and combined with the introduction of the reserves, has seen the local comp become a shell of its former self. Some will express the opinion that it was already at that point, but most SANFL supporters believed we were holding our own and there was still strong potential for an AFL alternative competition. That potential has now gone.

This year long term supporters have either said let’s see what it will be like or have bailed. I’m yet to see a new breed of supporter that comes to the games based on the reserves introduction – the Tex games being an exception. It may be happening, but from my own experience and reading the forums including this one, there does not appear too many.

I’m disappointed in this year, it is strangely lacking in atmosphere. I hope it returns, but Im getting the thoughts of finding another interest.
wild dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 180 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Postby StrayDog » Sat May 31, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm as passionate as I ever was about the SANFL and what it should be - the unfettered fight by all combatants clubs for a common ultimate prize - the Thomas Seymour Hill Trophy.

As I've said before, that isn't what it now is.

tipper wrote:
Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:

not sure where any of us have said it was easy.

and personally i have usually found in life that if it is a "big" decision, the right thing to do is very rarely the easiest thing to do. and i found it no different here. not that i am judging anyone elses decision, everyone has to make up their own minds, as i have mine.

Well said.

What I don't understand is the default, blithe dismissal by the usual core of apologete on this forum that those who have turned and pulled up some or all of their stumps have done so on a dime.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

LPH wrote:I think it is fair to suggest that the CEOs may well have underestimated the impact for their Clubs.

I can see up to possibly 4 Clubs 'going to the wall' in the not too distant future should the current 'slide' continue.
Although I am going to Noarlunga on Sunday (have been waiting for this game all season), I would be surprised if more than 1500 others do :(

Signs of things to come, me thinks.

Why blame the CEOs? They just have to adhere to their boards wishes? Surely the delegates/presidents is where the blame should lie? The CEOs I've talked to were dead against it but they had no vote, they're just employees of their club.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Psyber » Sat May 31, 2014 5:29 pm

I usually try to stay in touch with the SANFL, and the AFL to a lesser extent, but such is my diminishing interest this year that I am considering a job offer in Townsville for July and August, in a situation where I'll probably also have limited Internet access.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dog_ger » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:16 pm

I have pocket wifi my friend.

its pretty good.

I lost something in 2014 also.
Smile :)