Round 11 Chat

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 11 Chat

Postby beeroclock » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Spargo wrote:
beeroclock wrote:I need theropy.
Kangas about to win both games in the West this season.
I'm a Kanga supporter but FFS they are doing my head in.

Don't forget giving the swans a touch up in Sydney and also beating port.
About time you put the Roos as your AFL team on your profile mate ;)

Profile says Eagles.
Mighty West Torrens.
Was having a beer with Chris Kellett tonight for all you Torrens fans.
No 47.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:03 am

ORDoubleBlues wrote:Two games with BT commentating this round, two more references to the "Calder Cannon's Football factory"

He really is a **** stick, isn't he?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:07 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:8,9,6,9,7,7,7,6,8

That's their breaks for the rest of the year. (If my quick adding was correct)

Sounds like geelong folk trying to make excuses for finally losing a game

Well according to bullshit theories they might as well play their reserves the two games they have 6 day breaks unless the sports scientists and teams of analysts can solve the riddle of how to possible recover with only 144 hours between games.

It kind of reminds me of the year that everyone got a hard on for teams not being able to win the week after playing in Perth. :roll: HTFU!!!

Vanessa, Benny.

Three six day breaks in succession DOES take a toll on the energy levels of the players (although it's not unexpected of a Crows fan in particular to understand the nature of a tough draw seeing as they never seem to get one). Especially when the opposition is coming off the bye. I watch Geelong every week and I've never seen us cooked in the first five minutes of the game. It was obvious to anyone who really watches the game. We wouldn't have beaten Sydney off seven days break at the SCG without Lonnegan and Enright but there was no spread or defensive run from the Cats and we didn't suddenly become Richmond overnight.

I don't know about bullshit theories but I know it's considered an advantage to have a week off during the finals and they avoid scheduling six day breaks during and leading up to the finals wherever they can. Hmm, wonder why that is? If you want to keep your head in the sand you should be out there helping Hockey defend his budget instead of wasting time on this forum LOL.

regards,

REB

It's because after 3 pre-season games, 22 H&A games and training since November the year before the teams finishing higher on the ladder deserve an advantage.

6 day breaks two weeks after the mid season break aren't to hard to handle/cater for with training loads, surely?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 am

Booney wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:Two games with BT commentating this round, two more references to the "Calder Cannon's Football factory"

He really is a **** stick, isn't he?

he spent half the game on thursday night getting excited by a bloke who can bounce the ball high
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 am

i got pissed off with him when he asked richo how far that barrel went and richo said "oh i reckon about 65m"

to which BT berated him, said what are you talking about richo, it has to be longer than that, then as the replay went he counted it out, and said "thats gotta be at least 70"

lol. he was arguing with and berating richo over maybe 5m. instead of just saying oh i reckon it was further than that he tried to be a smart arse and prove richo wrong for some unknown reason.

i can honestly put up with bruce fapping over rioli more than BT.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 am

Went to watch the Suns play yesterday, and after going to the Port v Hawks game the week before i've got to say how disappointed i was yesterday.

The Crows marketing team, the crowd, everything was just poorer!

Before the game they were trying to encourage the crowd to moo like cows :?
Their supporters (Crows) turn on their own quicker than i can blink! For instance Rory Sloane just chased down i think it was in the 3rd qtr around the 50m line, moments before he was cheered and they loved him, as soon as he was tackled Crows fans abused him lol! I was in tears!

They rarely cheer or make good noise, they just sit their with their stupid little clapper things!

The 19th man gimmick is cringe worthy, even my friends who support Crows were embarrassed by it.

Rant over, wont be going to another Crows fixture!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:48 am

bennymacca wrote:i got pissed off with him when he asked richo how far that barrel went and richo said "oh i reckon about 65m"

to which BT berated him, said what are you talking about richo, it has to be longer than that, then as the replay went he counted it out, and said "thats gotta be at least 70"

lol. he was arguing with and berating richo over maybe 5m. instead of just saying oh i reckon it was further than that he tried to be a smart arse and prove richo wrong for some unknown reason.

i can honestly put up with bruce fapping over rioli more than BT.

i rate Bruce and Dennis...
Love there calls of big games...

I've got 2005 (done by channel 10) and the 2012 (done by 7) GF games.... And the quality is sooooo much better in 2012...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:51 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Went to watch the Suns play yesterday, and after going to the Port v Hawks game the week before i've got to say how disappointed i was yesterday.

Their supporters (Crows) turn on their own quicker than i can blink! For instance Rory Sloane just chased down i think it was in the 3rd qtr around the 50m line, moments before he was cheered and they loved him, as soon as he was tackled Crows fans abused him lol! I was in tears!

They rarely cheer or make good noise, they just sit their with their stupid little clapper things!

The 19th man gimmick is cringe worthy, even my friends who support Crows were embarrassed by it.

It's true that a lot of crows supporters suck.

Saying you won't go to another fixture is pretty laughable though. You either want to support your team or you don't. Why does the atmosphere of the opposition matter?
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 am

bennymacca wrote:Saying you won't go to another fixture is pretty laughable though. You either want to support your team or you don't. Why does the atmosphere of the opposition matter?

I wont go to another Crows fixture v a neutral team.. I'll go to watch my team, i'm just more inclined to go to a random Port game.. just thought they had it right and was a really incredible experience..

On another note, what will the crows do when half their members pass away (bless their cotton socks) over the next decade? :shock:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:04 am

Haha. Port have certainly captured a younger market that's for sure.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:05 am

When can I get my Crows finals tickets? Are they on sale yet??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby carey » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:16 am

am Bays wrote:When can I get my Crows finals tickets? Are they on sale yet??

You'd think so. We've just had our Monday morning smoko and that's always 100% footy talk. You would swear the crows are now out right top of the ladder the dribble I just listened to :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2806 times
Been liked: 2996 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:17 am

Another thing that annoys me - and i want to know if it's just me - but supporters who refer to players by their first names all the time like they know them.. WTF is up with that?!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:48 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Another thing that annoys me - and i want to know if it's just me - but supporters who refer to players by their first names all the time like they know them.. WTF is up with that?!

Nothing wrong with that!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:54 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Another thing that annoys me - and i want to know if it's just me - but supporters who refer to players by their first names all the time like they know them.. WTF is up with that?!

What would you like them to call them Phantom???
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

What would you like them to call them Phantom???

I dont care if its a nickname like Tex or Buddy.. call them by their last name..

Just annoys me say Gold Coast for instance "Go Gary, oh well done Dion, work harder Kade"

Actually Kade is better to say than Kolodashjni haha
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:18 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Went to watch the Suns play yesterday, and after going to the Port v Hawks game the week before i've got to say how disappointed i was yesterday.

hehehe thats very funny :lol:
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Jim05 wrote:Hawks win by 7, more polish when it counted

After looking at some of those frees its pretty easy to work out what they were polishing.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Booney wrote:It's because after 3 pre-season games, 22 H&A games and training since November the year before the teams finishing higher on the ladder deserve an advantage.

6 day breaks two weeks after the mid season break aren't to hard to handle/cater for with training loads, surely?

That is my point exactly Boon, longer breaks between games is an advantage. As for the second part you wouldn't think so but that was Geelong's third interstate trip in the past five weeks against top opposition (Port, Freo and Sydney). You'd think all of them will make the top four. Sydney's break wasn't two weeks ago, it was last week.

Not saying it cost us the game, we were rank but I reckon we were on a hiding to nothing, which we duly copped.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Third quarter, game on the line, Gold Coast kick a goal with a minute to go making it 15 points. (?)

Ball goes back to the centre and *insert crickets chirping here* I couldn't believe the crowd was so quiet!!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL