SAAFL Media

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SAAFL Media

Postby S Demon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:33 am

jo172 wrote:Pathetic form by Woodville-West Torrens there.

I might be naive, but I thought junior footy was about the kids.

Hopefully something is done to make it up to these kids. At least it got some media attention. This is from the back page of the sports section of the Sunday Mail

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (139.61 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wild Thing » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 am

S Demon wrote:

Hopefully something is done to make it up to these kids. At least it got some media attention. This is from the back page of the sports section of the Sunday Mail

FullSizeRender.jpg

Because the $ANFL is all about the money and taking your club's talent to further themselves under the banner of promoting grass roots football - it's all one way traffic.
Wild Thing
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:46 am

Wild Thing wrote:
S Demon wrote:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Because the $ANFL is all about the money and taking your club's talent to further themselves under the banner of promoting grass roots football - it's all one way traffic.

Eh? How dare they try and expose local talent to a broader audience in hope that the kids can reach the ultimate goal in Australian Rules Football.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby beef » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Our C7 side ended up playing the curatin raiser, not sure who against.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Wild Thing » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wild Thing wrote:
S Demon wrote:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Eh? How dare they try and expose local talent to a broader audience in hope that the kids can reach the ultimate goal in Australian Rules Football.

So by your reckoning $ANFL clubs exist to expose local talent for the benefit of the kids - they have no self interest?
Wild Thing
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby RustyCage » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:00 pm

beef wrote:Our C7 side ended up playing the curatin raiser, not sure who against.

Goody Saints v Kilburn
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby sw0rdf1sh » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:26 pm

I live overseas and have done so for 18 months here in south east asia. I read Adelaide now and a few newspapers to keep up with whats happening with footy back home. I am loving the SA Footballer mag.

I can read all about the AFL and the local SANFL and then all of the ammos and all the country leagues. I can watch all the videos and check on old mates who play at various clubs across the state in all of the leagues and see how they're going.

I cant believe that there is a book with so much info in it each week. From about halfway through May this is all that I read here in asia to catch up on the footy. Keep up the great work. Love the videos and some of the funny stuff that goes on. Nothing really compares to the SA footy mag for the content IMO. 8)
sw0rdf1sh
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby sw0rdf1sh » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:03 am

Again thanks for the SA Footballer this week. Great to get my fix up here in SE Asia. It's the only fix I get up here in Manila. A really good idea to have the magazine as a full book and then split into 3 different books. A good design change. 8)

Guys like me can read the whole book to get my weekly fix. I can also see where it would be handy to just read the section that you're interested in.

SA Footballer, SA Country Footballer and SA Amateur Footballer have just so much information. Love the videos that are in the book. Never seen that before. Stories are good but love the vids :D It's awesome to see the reserves footy covered with magoos corner.

When I played it was only B grade and we were lucky to see scores let alone a video made with commentary, results and tips on games.

Awesome mag guys and gals. ;)
sw0rdf1sh
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:39 pm

sw0rdf1sh wrote:Again thanks for the SA Footballer this week. Great to get my fix up here in SE Asia. It's the only fix I get up here in Manila. A really good idea to have the magazine as a full book and then split into 3 different books. A good design change. 8)

Guys like me can read the whole book to get my weekly fix. I can also see where it would be handy to just read the section that you're interested in.

SA Footballer, SA Country Footballer and SA Amateur Footballer have just so much information. Love the videos that are in the book. Never seen that before. Stories are good but love the vids :D It's awesome to see the reserves footy covered with magoos corner.

When I played it was only B grade and we were lucky to see scores let alone a video made with commentary, results and tips on games.

I'm calling BS 8-[
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:08 pm

sw0rdf1sh wrote:Again thanks for the SA Footballer this week. Great to get my fix up here in SE Asia. It's the only fix I get up here in Manila. A really good idea to have the magazine as a full book and then split into 3 different books. A good design change. 8)

Thankyou, I do what I can :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:56 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Thankyou, I do what I can :)

Welcome back trouble maker 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Zartan wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Thankyou, I do what I can :)

Welcome back trouble maker 8)

It's been pretty bloody boring without me to be honest. :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:13 pm

is there a link to the SA Footballer?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:22 pm

Bluedemon wrote:is there a link to the SA Footballer?

www.straliasports.com

Then you have to subscribe (free) and you get emails each week with the links to the different publications.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Zartan wrote:

http://www.straliasports.com

Then you have to subscribe (free) and you get bombarded with a million spam emails ach week with the links to the different publications.

edited for accuracy
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Zartan wrote:

http://www.straliasports.com

Then you have to subscribe (free) and you get bombarded with a million spam emails ach week with the links to the different publications.

edited for accuracy

:lol: :lol: ...and if you've got them on FB and they're part of any football related groups you're involved in then further bombarding occurs :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:35 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

I'm calling BS 8-[

I think LH was referring to his folder
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Cash 123 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:38 pm

sw0rdf1sh wrote:I live overseas and have done so for 18 months here in south east asia. I read Adelaide now and a few newspapers to keep up with whats happening with footy back home. I am loving the SA Footballer mag.

I can read all about the AFL and the local SANFL and then all of the ammos and all the country leagues. I can watch all the videos and check on old mates who play at various clubs across the state in all of the leagues and see how they're going.

I cant believe that there is a book with so much info in it each week. From about halfway through May this is all that I read here in asia to catch up on the footy. Keep up the great work. Love the videos and some of the funny stuff that goes on. Nothing really compares to the SA footy mag for the content IMO. 8)
Attachments
homer.gif
homer.gif (23.16 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Cash 123
Under 18s

Been liked: 22 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:41 pm

I don't get it what's the problem with the SA Footballer. I get it in my e-mail, I haven't been bombarded with spam! I have liked it on FB, sure there are plenty of posts.... but like the majority of stuff on FB, just ignore it!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Corona Man wrote:I don't get it what's the problem with the SA Footballer. I get it in my e-mail, I haven't been bombarded with spam! I have liked it on FB, sure there are plenty of posts.... but like the majority of stuff on FB, just ignore it!

It's only spam if you don't like it ;) I get 3x emails each week to 2x separate accounts.. it's not a big deal, I just delete lol.

I actually like the concept of the SA Footballer, just still needs some tweaking I think to be a little more accommodating to everyone and easier to follow
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League