A-League Season 2014/15

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Re: A-League Season 2014/15

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 am

Hindmarsh is to small for AU vs Victory games...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:24 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Further evidence of why games shouldnt be played at sub standard grounds. Would rather a decent game infront of 1000 people than see that crap dished up. Totally unsuitable for soccer, hopefully thats the last time they play there.
Result was fair in the end

Sub standard ground?!

For soccer yes.
One of the best surfaces in the world for cricket and probably the best in the country for AFL but it aint a soccer ground. Time to give up on the experiment. Next week at Etihad will see a similar scenerio for the Melbourne Derby, far better to play it at AAMI park. As a fan the experience isnt great either, crowd is far too far away from the pitch which negates the crowd factor.
Tonights game would of packed Hindmarsh and the atmosphere would of been electric and the standard of the game far better

Agree especially about the crowd, you're too far away when watching a game at Adelaide Oval that is why I much prefer Hindmash, atmosphere is definitely better there IMO because the crowd is closer to the action.

We sat in the mark rucciuto Stand second row from the front and the view was awesome. Looked over the entire game and had the best view for Cirios goal. Followed the ball straight in. def happy with the $40 i spent.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby whufc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:24 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Hindmarsh is to small for AU vs Victory games...

Agree but it is a fine balance because playing at AU is causing the product to be shit. Which can have a negative effect, it's also not a great viewing ground which causes alot of members to get pretty pissed because they have such quality seats at hindmarsh

There is also nothing wrong with a sellout at hindmarsh, it increases value to your product and gives people a call to action for further games.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bennymacca » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:29 am

Can't see an issue with them doing it once or twice a year, maybe for finals too. Soccer in Australia has struggled to make a buck for years, seems like they finally have it right with the introduction of the FFA cup and the two melb and Sydney teams etc, time to cash in while the have it right.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

A-League Season 2014/15

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:40 am

bennymacca wrote:Can't see an issue with them doing it once or twice a year, maybe for finals too. Soccer in Australia has struggled to make a buck for years, seems like they finally have it right with the introduction of the FFA cup and the two melb and Sydney teams etc, time to cash in while the have it right.

Cant be at the expense of the game though.
Its one thing to get a decent crowd but cant have the game compromised. Was a really poor advertisement for the game last night, take the last 10 minutes out of it and it was close to the worst game ive ever attended anywhere around the world
Wont happen but would love an extra 5-10,000 seats at Hindmarsh and it would be the perfect venue.

Similar situation to the AFL in Sydney, the SCG is too small yet far better than the bigger yet crappier Telstra Stadium
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:46 am

bennymacca wrote:Can't see an issue with them doing it once or twice a year, maybe for finals too. Soccer in Australia has struggled to make a buck for years, seems like they finally have it right with the introduction of the FFA cup and the two melb and Sydney teams etc, time to cash in while the have it right.

Agree the A-League are finally making big moves in this country!!!!

As a once off its fine but having what should have been the most entertaining game of the year turning into a bore fest because of the pitch is an issue!!
whufc
Coach

Postby HH3 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Cant be at the expense of the game though.
Its one thing to get a decent crowd but cant have the game compromised. Was a really poor advertisement for the game last night, take the last 10 minutes out of it and it was close to the worst game ive ever attended anywhere around the world
Wont happen but would love an extra 5-10,000 seats at Hindmarsh and it would be the perfect venue.

Similar situation to the AFL in Sydney, the SCG is too small yet far better than the bigger yet crappier Telstra Stadium

There was talk about expanding Hindmarsh and putting a roof on it made of the same fabric as the Cube in Beijing that they used for the swimming.

If you google Coopers Stadium and look at the Adelaidenow article from Feb it explains it.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:48 pm

whufc wrote:

Agree but it is a fine balance because playing at AU is causing the product to be shit. Which can have a negative effect, it's also not a great viewing ground which causes alot of members to get pretty pissed because they have such quality seats at hindmarsh

There is also nothing wrong with a sellout at hindmarsh, it increases value to your product and gives people a call to action for further games.

I'm not missing a half of the game waiting for a beer... Players are professionals they should adapt
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:02 pm

its like that everywhere thou having to wait for food or drinks
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

A-League Season 2014/15

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:01 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
whufc wrote:

I'm not missing a half of the game waiting for a beer... Players are professionals they should adapt

Players can adapt if they play and train there every week. Victory didnt even get a training run there.
Why havnt the Swans adapted to Telstra stadium? Every AFL game played there is a disgraceful spectacle
Soccer should be played on soccer grounds only
Jim05
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Swans have lost 1 game there in the past 2 seasons...

Well Hindmarsh should have better facilities to accomodate those big crowds then.
32 thousand come see a game at a world class venue and people still complain...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:00 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Swans have lost 1 game there in the past 2 seasons...

Well Hindmarsh should have better facilities to accomodate those big crowds then.

Complaining because the standard was terrible and that was attributed to the conditions. The casual followers of the game of course are going to prefer games played at AO but for soccer people such as myself and many others who attend every game we much prefer Hindmarsh. The players absolutely hate it and they are the ones who matter most. The same debate is going on over the border with the Melbourne derby being played on an inferior surface at Etihad instead of a world class purpose built soccer stadium
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Swans have lost 1 game there in the past 2 seasons...

Complaining because the standard was terrible and that was attributed to the conditions. The casual followers of the game of course are going to prefer games played at AO but for soccer people such as myself and many others who attend every game we much prefer Hindmarsh. The players absolutely hate it and they are the ones who matter most. The same debate is going on over the border with the Melbourne derby being played on an inferior surface at Etihad instead of a world class purpose built soccer stadium

Trust Wub to turn a soccer thread into a Swans thread. :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mickey » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:30 pm

**** you Brisbane you bunch of ******* ****! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 313 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:38 am

I went to my first A league game ever. Seats were pretty good (I was in the Eastern stand), whilst it didn't have the same close up feel I hear Hindmarsh has, I couldn't complain.

I'm with WUB, surely if you're a professional, having a half hour warm up, you should just adjust to the conditions. It was equal for both teams, but both teams looked very timid to even try & score. Which resulted in some pretty substandard viewing for the casual observer & the usual fan.
The last ten minutes when both teams played with intent the conditions seemed irrelevant for both teams.

Good work by the Victory crowd, they certainly had the United contingent covered & were better to watch then the game for the first 84 minutes!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:01 pm

Also went on friday night.

Agree regarding comments made about the surface. Turned the game into a very dour spectacle, with players obviously unable to judge to movements of the ball.

If Hindmarsh were to be increased to 25k, surely that would suffice for the blockbuster matches? Build on the Eastern side of the ground and you have a great stadium. As the popularity of Australian football, and the A-League as a competition grows, surely there wont be any issues with crowd sizes.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:51 pm

valleys07 wrote:Also went on friday night.

Agree regarding comments made about the surface. Turned the game into a very dour spectacle, with players obviously unable to judge to movements of the ball.

If Hindmarsh were to be increased to 25k, surely that would suffice for the blockbuster matches? Build on the Eastern side of the ground and you have a great stadium. As the popularity of Australian football, and the A-League as a competition grows, surely there wont be any issues with crowd sizes.

Agree, would love to see in the next 5 years plans to extend hindmarsh to 25k

Soccer have hit alot of winners recently with free to air tv coverage, all games live on foxtel plus foxtel now showing a ridiculous amount of soccer.

They have also found the perfect timing for seasons imho
whufc
Coach

Postby valleys07 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:04 pm

whufc wrote:

Soccer have hit alot of winners recently with free to air tv coverage, all games live on foxtel plus foxtel now showing a ridiculous amount of soccer.

Agree whufc. Football deserves a bit of publicity in this country on the back of another world cup campaign. It needs to grow if we are to qualify and compete in 2018.

Spot on about timing of seasons. I am an avid fan of Aussie Rules, but quite like watching United during the A-League season. They deserve to get the opportunity to have the states support along with the 36ers over summer.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:13 pm

valleys07 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Agree whufc. Football deserves a bit of publicity in this country on the back of another world cup campaign. It needs to grow if we are to qualify and compete in 2018.

Spot on about timing of seasons. I am an avid fan of Aussie Rules, but quite like watching United during the A-League season. They deserve to get the opportunity to have the states support along with the 36ers over summer.

yep agree with this. still only a casual fan but much more likely to show an interest when im not following the afl
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Not sure this deserves it's own thread so I'm putting it here....

Adelaide Now reporting that Adelaide United v Liverpool is almost a done deal for July next year at Adelaide Oval.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 448 times
Been liked: 1213 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer