Clint Alleway

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Clint Alleway

Postby JK » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:48 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
RB wrote:Is the 16 games rule for every competition bar the AFL? Seems wrong to me that pros get to get away with twice as much as amateurs.

Also, are we going to bring the life ban thing up every time someone gets suspended for a few weeks? I never classed Alleway as an especially rough player. Counting how many weeks players have left before a life ban could get tedious. That is to say, I don't think that every player who gets suspended, even for a number of weeks, is a dirty player.

I think the perception is that Alleway is a dirty player. I'd like to think he is more a bit of a hothead. I think most of his suspensions have been for striking and not for dirty tackles.
When he was at North he certainly did wear his heart on his sleeve and played with a passion which probably lead to most of his suspensions. I doubt that has changed, playing for the Bays.

I'd probably rate him a dirty player JTC, but I kinda don't mind players like that, I like the fact there's a bit of old school in the modern sanitized game. Every club has had them, and the bloke has always clearly been able to play. The game needs its villains.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby RB » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
RB wrote:Is the 16 games rule for every competition bar the AFL? Seems wrong to me that pros get to get away with twice as much as amateurs.

Also, are we going to bring the life ban thing up every time someone gets suspended for a few weeks? I never classed Alleway as an especially rough player. Counting how many weeks players have left before a life ban could get tedious. That is to say, I don't think that every player who gets suspended, even for a number of weeks, is a dirty player.

RB - AFL suspensions are a lot easier to come by than in other grades, that's why the reduction when they play lower grades. Even then, I reckon that's still a little tough on AFL players.
I get what you're saying, but an offence which earns x weeks in the AFL is no better than an offence which earns x weeks in the Sanfl. I don't think the fact that it's easier matters - suspensions are sanctions for misbehaviour.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby kneedeepinthehoopla » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:38 am

RB wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:

RB - AFL suspensions are a lot easier to come by than in other grades, that's why the reduction when they play lower grades. Even then, I reckon that's still a little tough on AFL players.
I get what you're saying, but an offence which earns x weeks in the AFL is no better than an offence which earns x weeks in the Sanfl. I don't think the fact that it's easier matters - suspensions are sanctions for misbehaviour.

But you can get away with far more without cameras everywhere. If the Rolfe snipe was in an afl match, he'd have received more than a few weeks off. But it wasn't on camera so we move on.
kneedeepinthehoopla
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby RB » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:53 pm

My point is that the fact that a player is more likely to be caught doing something wrong in the AFL shouldn't come into it. I don't think we should make any distinctions based on chance. A player who cops 16 weeks in the Sanfl will most of the time have done no more than an AFL player who has got the same number of weeks.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:39 pm

RB wrote:My point is that the fact that a player is more likely to be caught doing something wrong in the AFL shouldn't come into it. I don't think we should make any distinctions based on chance. A player who cops 16 weeks in the Sanfl will most of the time have done no more than an AFL player who has got the same number of weeks.

Have to totally disagree with you RB.
How many players in country, ammo's or SANFL get suspended for what Fyfe got 2 games for early in the year or even Hartlett who got 1 for a stomach punch. Roughead's bump on McGlynn is another one that wouldnt even be looked at anywhere but AFL.
I reckon at ammos and country level the only suspensions are for striking. This offence is actually pretty rare in the AFL but the AFL have a gazillion other trivial offences that players get suspensions for.
I reckon they have this one pretty spot on
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby PPLions » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 pm

Be interesting to see how he goes @ ironbank
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Confirmed Alleway off to Ironbank with Jars. What a joke the Glenelg FC have become, told we have brought him in to replace Kirkby, who we allowed to play the first few games and then piss off, now Alleway goes who is possibly leading our B&F at the moment!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:Confirmed Alleway off to Ironbank with Jars. What a joke the Glenelg FC have become, told we have brought him in to replace Kirkby, who we allowed to play the first few games and then piss off, now Alleway goes who is possibly leading our B&F at the moment!

After his latest indiscretion was he asked to leave?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Confirmed Alleway off to Ironbank with Jars. What a joke the Glenelg FC have become, told we have brought him in to replace Kirkby, who we allowed to play the first few games and then piss off, now Alleway goes who is possibly leading our B&F at the moment!

Surely they knew what they were getting
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:27 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Surely they knew what they were getting

Yeah but perhaps they agreed to sign him on the proviso that one more misdemeanor and you are out
Jim05
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Rather scathing attack from the coach in the latest Messenger match report.

Very possible that he was told to clean out his locker so they could focus on cleaning out the rest of the place....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:54 pm

heater31 wrote:Rather scathing attack from the coach in the latest Messenger match report.

Very possible that he was told to clean out his locker so they could focus on cleaning out the rest of the place....

and the coach and others can follow him out
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3583 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:03 pm

heater31 wrote:Rather scathing attack from the coach in the latest Messenger match report.

We got him in to cover Kirkby (a stupid decision IMO to even let Kirkby play knowing he was not going to be around all year) and now Alleway is gone.

So both players have stolen valuable time we could have put into a kid.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby maxyoz » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:

We got him in to cover Kirkby (a stupid decision IMO to even let Kirkby play knowing he was not going to be around all year) and now Alleway is gone.

So both players have stolen valuable time we could have put into a kid.

Like who, James Hinge?

He got dropped against Norwood because the Bays didn't need a big bloke who could kick goals. Instead, Hingey rucked in the Magoos. What a farce.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby locky801 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Seemed to be a very interested spectator at Broadview Oval today :lol:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3654 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Clint Alleway

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:19 pm

locky801 wrote:Seemed to be a very interested spectator at Broadview Oval today :lol:

Been cleared to Ironbank, onviously didnt play today
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Jim05 wrote:
locky801 wrote:Seemed to be a very interested spectator at Broadview Oval today :lol:

$1,600 a game I heard today :shock: Surely not.....
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Jim05 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:28 pm

carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Who knows but wouldnt suprise me.
There are rumours that Chad O'Sullivan is on similar up in the Hills
Jim05
Coach

Postby carey » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Who knows but wouldnt suprise me.
There are rumours that Chad O'Sullivan is on similar up in the Hills

His my sons teacher I'll get him to ask how much! :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby johntheclaret » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Jim05 wrote:
carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

His my sons teacher I'll get him to ask how much! :lol:

Maths, History or Physical Education
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL