Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Big Phil » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Both sides desperate for a win and one would think a much needed percentage booster on the way for the visitors...

But, stranger things have happened and the Eagles are not playing very spirited footy at the moment...

Bays need a win to boost morale, no doubt...

Reserves @ 11:25am

League @ 2:10pm

Broadcast - 1197am RPH Adelaide from 2:00pm
User avatar
Big Phil
Coach
 
Posts: 19839
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:56 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby dedja » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:37 pm

Well if the Bays win it will be worth singing about ...
Error - invalid user
dedja
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18747
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:10 pm
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 697 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Big Phil » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:47 pm

dedja wrote:Well if the Bays win it will be worth singing about ...


Get KM to come and join in?
User avatar
Big Phil
Coach
 
Posts: 19839
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:56 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby matt35 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:26 am

Can't make this one, so we'll probably get up!

Seriously though, can't see anything other than a comfortable Eagles win here. Certainly hope to see at least some response from us after the break and the embarrasement at Norwood though.
matt35
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:50 pm
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 48 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby maxyoz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:49 pm

I'll be there, hope the beer is cold.
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
User avatar
maxyoz
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:53 am
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby am Bays » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:56 pm

maxyoz wrote:I'll be there, hope the beer is cold.


I hope you're bringing Apricot Slice as well.

Rather than beer, I thought a nice thermos of Earl Grey tea would be more of your choosing ....

Do Crow-Mania sells Crows thermos' or do you go for the more traditional tartan design??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14813
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 914 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Why put this on Sunday to clash with the showdown?
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39517
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1263 times
Been liked: 2090 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby MightyEagles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:20 pm

It's not on at the same time as the Showdown, it's on the week after.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11771
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:38 pm
Location: The MightyEagles Memorial Timekeepers Box
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Big Phil » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Dutchy wrote:Why put this on Sunday to clash with the showdown?

Check the date, mate...

It is a split round in the SANFL and this game is not on until Sunday week, the 6th...

The Showdown is this Sunday, of course, and there is no SANFL game scheduled against the Adelaide Oval clash...
User avatar
Big Phil
Coach
 
Posts: 19839
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:56 pm
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Pseudo » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Better call the club a few days ahead to make sure the stout is stocked up ...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
User avatar
Pseudo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 10306
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Location: enculez-vous
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1031 times
Grassroots Team: Morningside

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Haha shows how much interest I have in the comp right now :)
FLAGstaff Hill FC 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Premiers
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 39517
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1263 times
Been liked: 2090 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby panthers 2008 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Surely Glenelg will be better at home? Interesting article in the advertiser today regarding Stevens and how he believes he inherited this under performing team. A couple of weeks ago he was saying judge me at the end of the season? So he's more or less saying he's hamstrung with this current squad so he can't be fairly judged now? Hhmmmm
panthers 2008
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:16 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby maxyoz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:59 pm

am Bays wrote:
maxyoz wrote:I'll be there, hope the beer is cold.


I hope you're bringing Apricot Slice as well.

Rather than beer, I thought a nice thermos of Earl Grey tea would be more of your choosing ....

Do Crow-Mania sells Crows thermos' or do you go for the more traditional tartan design??


Yep, I'll bring my Crows thermos. The last time I had my Glenelg one, I was cleaning the gutters, it fell, it shattered and is now at the bottom of the ladder.

Does that make you feel better, Mods?
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
User avatar
maxyoz
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:53 am
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby dedja » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:01 am

don't forget your crochet cushion to save your seat and the crochet rug to keep warm ...

X_X
Error - invalid user
dedja
Coach
 
 
Posts: 18747
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:10 pm
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 697 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby smac » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:59 am

Careful with the Crows one, guaranteed to be poorly manufactured.
smac
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13040
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:19 am
Location: Golden Grove
Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 212 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby am Bays » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 am

maxyoz wrote:
am Bays wrote:
maxyoz wrote:I'll be there, hope the beer is cold.


I hope you're bringing Apricot Slice as well.

Rather than beer, I thought a nice thermos of Earl Grey tea would be more of your choosing ....

Do Crow-Mania sells Crows thermos' or do you go for the more traditional tartan design??


Yep, I'll bring my Crows thermos. The last time I had my Glenelg one, I was cleaning the gutters, it fell, it shattered and is now at the bottom of the ladder.Does that make you feel better, Mods?


Was that one of our Bay Army - 2009 Final Series commemorative thermos?

PS I'm shattered becasue we're at the bottom of the ladder right now, so no, I don't feel better!!! :D :D
Last edited by am Bays on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14813
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 914 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Booney » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:47 am

panthers 2008 wrote:Surely Glenelg will be better at home? Interesting article in the advertiser today regarding Stevens and how he believes he inherited this under performing team. A couple of weeks ago he was saying judge me at the end of the season? So he's more or less saying he's hamstrung with this current squad so he can't be fairly judged now? Hhmmmm


Didn't a truckload of recruits come on board this year? Therefore the squad is different to last seasons.....

Seriously, can anyone see this lot ever dragging themselves off the canvas?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 47257
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 4826 times
Been liked: 7810 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:50 am

Why put this on a Sunday to clash with West Coast v Sydney and then start of NAIDOC week?
User avatar
Wedgie
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 44871
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am
Has liked: 1148 times
Been liked: 2610 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 am

obviously this is an eagerly anticipated clash given the thread is 2 weeks out from the match!

match of the year
Booooooooooo
User avatar
mighty_tiger_79
Coach
 
Posts: 47615
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: at the TAB
Has liked: 8522 times
Been liked: 2351 times

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Postby Spargo » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:56 pm

Booney wrote:Seriously, can anyone see this lot ever dragging themselves off the canvas?

I reckon many were saying the exact same thing about your lot only a few years ago...
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11640
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 3292 times
Been liked: 3468 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests