VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:05 pm

marbles wrote:cant stop crying because they no longer can cheat their way up the ranks with cushy wins against cgraders.

But you said the C graders are continually halting A grade clubs development and winning their flags?! :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
marbles wrote:The laughing stock of this forum is watching simpletons from their simpleton clubs refusing to play only each other, and cant stop crying because they no longer can cheat their way up the ranks with cushy wins against cgraders.

div 7 next year champ, grow up and get used to it

Fitzroy
Central United
Mawson Lakes
Mitchell Park ???
Angle Vale
Houghton
North Pines
Adelaide Uni
Flinders Uni ???
So you reckon that the majority of the 60 odd clubs are going to vote for 9 team divisions to make you happy ?

if every Div 1 Div 2 club refused to play their C-Grade in div 7, and wanted a comp of their own, firstly as clubs who provide the league with 4 sides, wouldnt the league have to attend to this request first??

wouldnt the league have to make this move first, and then deal with you blokes later, saying sorry folks, the cgraders are no longer on board, now lets find a solution the equally stack the agrade clubs into equal divisions?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Pag » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
marbles wrote:The laughing stock of this forum is watching simpletons from their simpleton clubs refusing to play only each other, and cant stop crying because they no longer can cheat their way up the ranks with cushy wins against cgraders.

Fitzroy
Central United
Mawson Lakes
Mitchell Park ???
Angle Vale
Houghton
North Pines
Adelaide Uni
Flinders Uni ???
So you reckon that the majority of the 60 odd clubs are going to vote for 9 team divisions to make you happy ?

Can't imagine clubs are willing to give up the income of losing a home game each year to satisfy marbles very narrow-minded agenda.

You're not good enough to be in Div 6, not shit enough to be in Div 8, so Div 7 it is. Until you finish top two or bottom two, that's where you belong.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Pag » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:09 pm

marbles wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Fitzroy
Central United
Mawson Lakes
Mitchell Park ???
Angle Vale
Houghton
North Pines
Adelaide Uni
Flinders Uni ???

if every Div 1 Div 2 club refused to play their C-Grade in div 7, and wanted a comp of their own, firstly as clubs who provide the league with 4 sides, wouldnt the league have to attend to this request first??

wouldnt the league have to make this move first, and then deal with you blokes later, saying sorry folks, the cgraders are no longer on board, now lets find a solution the equally stack the agrade clubs into equal divisions?

They can't refuse to play their sides anywhere, clubs nominate and the league puts them where they see fit.
Pag
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:09 pm

marbles wrote:if every Div 1 Div 2 club refused to play their C-Grade in div 7, and wanted a comp of their own, firstly as clubs who provide the league with 4 sides, wouldnt the league have to attend to this request first??

What would the clubs do if the league said no? Pull their club out the comp? LOL ok, goodbye haha!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:11 pm

marbles wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Fitzroy
Central United
Mawson Lakes
Mitchell Park ???
Angle Vale
Houghton
North Pines
Adelaide Uni
Flinders Uni ???

The simple answer is that a club with 4 teams has the same voting rights as a club with 1,2, 3 or 5 teams.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:14 pm

if you think im alone in this desire you are very narrow minded.

theres no one supporting me publicly on here sure, but all the conjecture is coming from people who dont have 4 teams at their club

so im really not bothered by the crap your throwing at me, im writing all this to the league (who are shrinking) & to my fellow Div 1 Div 2 clubs (who are also shrinking)

all your banter is only educating the silent readers whom im trying to convince and save, thankyou :heart:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
marbles wrote:if every Div 1 Div 2 club refused to play their C-Grade in div 7, and wanted a comp of their own, firstly as clubs who provide the league with 4 sides, wouldnt the league have to attend to this request first??

What would the clubs do if the league said no? Pull their club out the comp? LOL ok, goodbye haha!

oh yes the league are so powerful in this regard arent they, kilburn really got told where to go didnt they
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:17 pm

marbles wrote:if you think im alone in this desire you are very narrow minded.

theres no one supporting me publicly on here sure, but all the conjecture is coming from people who dont have 4 teams at their club

so im really not bothered by the crap your throwing at me, im writing all this to the league (who are shrinking) & to my fellow Div 1 Div 2 clubs (who are also shrinking)

all your banter is only educating the silent readers whom im trying to convince and save, thankyou :heart:
My club has four teams. If we were good enough to win Div 8, I'd like to think we'd happily take on the challenge of Div 7.
Pag
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Pag wrote:

My club has four teams. If we were good enough to win Div 8, I'd like to think we'd happily take on the challenge of Div 7.

your cgrade boys would love playing A-Graders, i bet it will be so exciting half your side will leave
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:24 pm

anyway the following clubs all go to the league requesting they wish to play in a league of their own....

Henley Cs & Ds
Modbury Cs & Ds
Smosh Cs & Ds
TTG Cs & Ds
SHOCs C & ds
PAC Cs & Ds
Golden Grove Cs & Ds
Payneham Cs & Ds

what officially does the league have to do here? do all 64 clubs have to agree with this OR does the c9afl have to put the needs of their BLUE-CHIP clubs first and simply go ahead with what their BLUE CHIP clubs require??
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:26 pm

marbles wrote:
Pag wrote:

your cgrade boys would love playing A-Graders, i bet it will be so exciting half your side will leave

That's like saying when we win a Div 4 flag, we're not going to play Div 3 because the players on those sides get paid and we don't. Amateur v Semi-professional.

Marbles, maybe other clubs contain players that have ambition to be as good as they can be, even if Henley don't. But when you (Henley) have players not rocking up to the club for presos because they saw that they weren't named in the best on Sportingpulse at 5.30, I'm not really surprised.
Last edited by Pag on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:30 pm

marbles wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

oh yes the league are so powerful in this regard arent they, kilburn really got told where to go didnt they

I meant what would the club do? What would Henley do if they were told tough luck it's staying as is, no super C grade..? You can't possibly tell me as a club you would take some sort of drastic action like pulling sides
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:31 pm

marbles wrote:anyway the following clubs all go to the league requesting they wish to play in a league of their own....

Henley Cs & Ds
Modbury Cs & Ds
Smosh Cs & Ds
TTG Cs & Ds
SHOCs C & ds
PAC Cs & Ds
Golden Grove Cs & Ds
Payneham Cs & Ds

what officially does the league have to do here? do all 64 clubs have to agree with this OR does the c9afl have to put the needs of their BLUE-CHIP clubs first and simply go ahead with what their BLUE CHIP clubs require??

The league proposes gradings, the clubs vote yes or no. So the vote might be 56-8.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
marbles wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

I meant what would the club do? What would Henley do if they were told tough luck it's staying as is, no super C grade..? You can't possibly tell me as a club you would take some sort of drastic action like pulling sides

mate put in mind firstly the virus eroding the cgrade clubs - shocs, broadview, flinders parks, tea tree gully all been attacked theyve collaped and dropped sides

well we are next in line mate, if we stay in div 7 next year, the virus is going to shut us down too.

modbury & smosh are yet to hit critical stages yet because last year they had strong seasons in div 8. the div 7 virus is only just starting on them. give them another year - theyll be where we are now (next in line)

meanwhile in div 8 - the boys are having a wonderful time - why? because in div 8 there is no virus. they are immune of demoralization, enthusiasm remains high, energy is up beat

meanwhile in div 7, we have clubs on their hospital beds, or very much on their way
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby jo172 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Pag wrote:

Snap
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
marbles wrote:anyway the following clubs all go to the league requesting they wish to play in a league of their own....

Henley Cs & Ds
Modbury Cs & Ds
Smosh Cs & Ds
TTG Cs & Ds
SHOCs C & ds
PAC Cs & Ds
Golden Grove Cs & Ds
Payneham Cs & Ds

The league proposes gradings, the clubs vote yes or no. So the vote might be 56-8.

havent mentioned the 9 other clubs also with c & d grades for the potential division 9....

Old ignations
North Haven
Salisbury
Hope Valley
Unley
ROCS
> Broadview??
> Flinders Parks?
> goodwood

And remember its the league thats shrinking here too, they too have to take drastic measures to enhance participation rates not watch them fade?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:44 pm

jo172 wrote:
Pag wrote:

Snap

yes you can take the div 7 virus, volunteer for it, i wont enjoy watching your club shrink, & i wont say i told you so
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby N21 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:51 pm

A thought to consider. D8, D8R (being clubs C & D grades) play under C grade playing conditions, 25 players and 22 min quarters. Moving up to D7 changes this and that is a significant change that does affect a clubs lower sides.

Would the Div 7 A & B grade clubs be happy that when they play opposition C & D grades that these conditions were allowed for those teams. Playing 21 v 25 could go some way to assisting with the inequity of an A grade v C grade and the fixed shorter quarters reduce the comparative fitness disparity.

This would also remove one impediment to promotion and relegation between D8 and D7 as a club going up doesn't have to drop up to 8 players every week. The 25 works very well and is very important in C & D grade, you may initially select 25 but come Saturday may only have 21 or 22 due to movements etc throughout the grades as well as providing opportunity for older players to stay involved but have reduced game time.
N21
Mini-League

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:52 pm

perhaps clubs shrinking isn't a result of the occasional flogging in div 7 but the fact that numbers for C/D grade sides fluctuate each year - some people decide to play, others dont, some retire etc etc.

No different to another club going from 3 teams one year to 2 teams the next season because numbers drop off, and you can't go blame floggings in C4 or whatever grade they were in. Unfortunately it just happens, people cant play forever.

As for the league shrinking, well I personally wouldn't think that was such a bad thing if it did.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League