VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:29 pm

marbles wrote:
Pag wrote:
marbles wrote:if you think im alone in this desire you are very narrow minded.

theres no one supporting me publicly on here sure, but all the conjecture is coming from people who dont have 4 teams at their club

so im really not bothered by the crap your throwing at me, im writing all this to the league (who are shrinking) & to my fellow Div 1 Div 2 clubs (who are also shrinking)

all your banter is only educating the silent readers whom im trying to convince and save, thankyou :heart:
My club has four teams. If we were good enough to win Div 8, I'd like to think we'd happily take on the challenge of Div 7.

your cgrade boys would love playing A-Graders, i bet it will be so exciting half your side will leave

Amateur League culture

Surely the players should be aiming to play against A-Grade players, in their club's A-Grade?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:42 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:
Pag wrote:
marbles wrote:if you think im alone in this desire you are very narrow minded.

theres no one supporting me publicly on here sure, but all the conjecture is coming from people who dont have 4 teams at their club

so im really not bothered by the crap your throwing at me, im writing all this to the league (who are shrinking) & to my fellow Div 1 Div 2 clubs (who are also shrinking)

all your banter is only educating the silent readers whom im trying to convince and save, thankyou :heart:
My club has four teams. If we were good enough to win Div 8, I'd like to think we'd happily take on the challenge of Div 7.

your cgrade boys would love playing A-Graders, i bet it will be so exciting half your side will leave

Amateur League culture

Surely the players should be aiming to play against A-Grade players, in their club's A-Grade?

haha - thats clever :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:55 pm

marbles wrote:im sorry morell, your club has to start planning a season next year where you wont get 6-7 cushy wins beating cgrades sides
I doubt we would get within 10 goals of your current C Grade side marbles, even with sandbagging. Cushy wins. Fair dinkum. I've been in losing pre-lim sides to Henley and SHOC in D7 mate, and yet here I am talking to a space cadet about cushy wins when in reality I honestly have doubts we will even exist next year, let alone be winning anything.

You have ZERO clue what you're talking about and are ignoring fundamental realities, either because you're profoundly more stupid than I ever thought or you're just doing it deliberately to suit an agenda.

marbles wrote:youre gonna have to find another way to develop your dwindling club, maybe face reality and be an agrade club whos got the balls to get smashed by your fellow agraders for a few years just like your SFL friends
Are you daft? Are you seriously that ignorant? Have a look at the results in D6 this year mate. DO some research about results from previous years. If there is a club which has had multiple years of smashing, it's us. Yet we have always gone up (or stayed up) when given the opportunity and haven't reneged once.
Last edited by morell on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:59 pm

morell wrote:
marbles wrote:im sorry morell, your club has to start planning a season next year where you wont get 6-7 cushy wins beating cgrades sides
I doubt we would get within 10 goals of your current C Grade side marbles, even with sandbagging. Cushy wins. Fair dinkum. I've been in losing pre-lim sides to Henley and SHOC in D7 mate, and yet here I am talking to a space cadet about cushy wins when in reality I honestly have doubts we will even exist next year, let alone be winning anything.

You have ZERO clue what you're talking about and are ignoring fundamental realities, either because you're profoundly more stupid than I ever thought or you're just doing it deliberately to suit an agenda.

marbles wrote:youre gonna have to find another way to develop your dwindling club, maybe face reality and be an agrade club whos got the balls to get smashed by your fellow agraders for a few years just like your SFL friends
Are you daft? Are you seriously that ignorant? Have a look at the results in D6 this year mate. If there is a club which has had multiple years of smashing, it's us. Yet we have always gone up (or stayed up) when given the opportunity and haven't reneged once.

just like u dont care about our backyard (every cgrader in the comp), i dont care about yours. good luck.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby morell » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Well at least now you're admitting that all of this does not consider anyone other than a few big clubs right at the top and that you're being a selfish dong. So thats a step in the right direction. Well done. Nice edit by the way, but this was your orginal post:

marbles wrote:just like u dont care about our backyard, i dont care about yours. good luck.

You're essentially after a more even and balanced competition, which I understand, your "solution" won't solve that as you will still have dominate sides. All it will do is make for massively lopsided lower divisions ... and probably the death of clubs such as mine. So you will have to excuse me if I want to protect my club from complete extinction because some bloke from Henley is sick of finishing third or fourth in their C's.

Perspective marbles, you lack it.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:19 pm

morell wrote:Well at least now you're admitting that all of this does not consider anyone other than a few big clubs right at the top and that you're being a selfish dong. So thats a step in the right direction. Well done. Nice edit by the way, but this was your orginal post:

marbles wrote:just like u dont care about our backyard, i dont care about yours. good luck.

You're essentially after a more even and balanced competition, which I understand, your "solution" won't solve that as you will still have dominate sides. All it will do is make for massively lopsided lower divisions ... and probably the death of clubs such as mine. So you will have to excuse me if I want to protect my club from complete extinction because some bloke from Henley is sick of finishing third or fourth in their C's.

Perspective marbles, you lack it.

your clubs demise has nothing to do with the structure of the league

dont gaming blaming us for your poor techniques off the field to attract players.

when your club dies dont go blaming cgraders, cos it was cgraders who took you to your infamous premiership, so high & mighty superstar champions just beat a cgrader in the granny

when you fail to reward players for their ability & skill with any form of remuneration then you are now getting what you give - sweet nothing.

you & your club caused your death not mine
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:49 pm

we cant go another season injecting our cgraders on unequal playing fields just to baby sit and keep a float random ailing clubs 20 kilometers away. yeah we're quite happy to lose more of our stocks and maintain a unappealing environment for our boys

oh we'll just cause more pain & erosion to ourselves just so u can stay a float, u can use us to stay alive on the surface and our entity will be quite happy to further shrink & drown - no worries morrel - just remember us when we too start forfeiting
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:52 pm

marbles wrote:we cant go another season injecting our cgraders on unequal playing fields just to baby sit and keep a float random ailing clubs 20 kilometers away. yeah we're quite happy to lose more of our stocks and maintain a unappealing environment for our boys

oh we'll just cause more pain & erosion to ourselves just so u can stay a float, u can use us to stay alive on the surface and our entity will be quite happy to further shrink & drown - no worries morrel - just remember us when we too start forfeiting

Serious question... Are you drunk???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:53 pm

marbles wrote:we cant go another season injecting our cgraders on unequal playing fields just to baby sit and keep a float random ailing clubs 20 kilometers away. yeah we're quite happy to lose more of our stocks and maintain a unappealing environment for our boys

:? I'm lost.. i've lost complete track of your arguement for a super C grade... just getting more and more confusing
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:58 pm

marbles, you lack basic reading comprehension skills.

I said, if your "solution" goes ahead, then it will cause the death of lower division clubs, like mine, I never blamed C graders for our demise and I am unsure how you even lept to that point. I have given plenty of reasons as to why, which I know you have read, so again, you're dribbling complete shit.

The current structure allows for struggling clubs to have a place to play, so they can survive, at a standard which they will be competitive. It also allows for C Grade sides wanting to test themselves a place to play as well.

What you are proposing is essentially:

Let's get rid of Angle Vale, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni and maybe more, lets say no to clubs that have earned promotion by making a grand final and lets completely restrucure the league because of...

Some sort of misguided theory that C Graders are always getting smashed in D7. Which is not only skewed to favour just the very few clubs at the top, but is at its core, is based on completely flawed logic, as the C Grade sides aren't struggling, they're thriving!

TTG collapsed because they went to D6 and got pummeled by 40+ goals, NOT because they failed in D7, where they actually made a GF.

Your arguments are absolute rubbish, full of holes and inconsistencies all suited to an agenda to further Henleys third and fourth sides when there is a much simpler solution.

Henley - nominate your thirds and fourths for D8 in 2015.

Done.
morell
Coach

Postby zedman » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:20 pm

morell wrote:

Done.

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:58 pm

zedman wrote:
morell wrote:

Done.

hopefully we do boys

and hopefully modbury and smosh follow...

2015.jpg
2015.jpg (181.59 KiB) Viewed 1541 times

hopefully Kilburn, Mitchells, Angles & Flinders Uni all stay with us

And hopefully the league gains some new clubs to fill your byes lol :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:03 pm

marbles wrote:
zedman wrote:
morell wrote:

Done.

hopefully we do boys

2015.jpg

The SAAFL is in the worst shape it has ever been in, why would any clubs want to join that?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
The SAAFL is in the worst shape it has ever been in, why would any clubs want to join that?

great mates, great beers & an f-ing rad time :rock:

we'll take your bottom 5 sides champ... then an easy 10 sides for you
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=0-6133-0-282641-0&pool=1&a=LADDER

the world is so easy :supz:
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:18 pm

can you please update the div 4 top team going through you have GG as that team but its salisbury west all the way :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby morell » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:16 pm

marbles wrote:
zedman wrote:
morell wrote:

Done.

hopefully we do boys

2015.jpg

Why do Modbury and SMOSH have to follow you? Why do GG, TTG and PAC et al have to stay in D8? There are lots of permutations and options to allow Henley to play D8 but keep the structure and integrity of the rest of the SAAFL intact.

There is no need to screw over:

Glenunga
Colonel Light Gardens
Adelaide Lutheran
Para Hills
Rosewater
Fitzroy
Central United
Mawson Lakes
Houghton

and put at massive risk:

Angle Vale
Mitchell Park
Flinders Uni
North Pines

and go through massive amounts of administrative pain to get other clubs from different leagues...

For one clubs C Grade to theoretically benefit.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:35 pm

morell wrote:Why do Modbury and SMOSH have to follow you? Why do GG, TTG and PAC et al have to stay in D8? There are lots of permutations and options to allow Henley to play D8 but keep the structure and integrity of the rest of the SAAFL intact.

firstly im certain smosh & shocs, flinders parks will be nominating for div 8. plus im what makes you think TTG GG & PAC have any interest in coming to div 7 to be infected by the corroding div 7 virus??

There is no need to screw over:

Glenunga
Colonel Light Gardens
Adelaide Lutheran
Para Hills
Rosewater
Fitzroy
Central United
Mawson Lakes
Houghton

i think your over dramatizing things here to suit your own agenda :) its a small shift for 1 season and if you dont win the flag or dont make the finals, then face being shifted down 1 division - your club ranking still doesnt change your still the 51st best club in the league :shock:

and put at massive risk:

Angle Vale
Mitchell Park
Flinders Uni
North Pines

theres no ingle farm, west croyden, rosewater, or BOS in the new div 7. the huge thrashings we see in div 6 this year wont be so common in the new div 7 next year. therell be wins available for the 4 teams you listed above, and if MP actually pay someone you may even make finals. also note wingfield could merge with flinders uni???

and go through massive amounts of administrative pain to get other clubs from different leagues...

so its not worth the extra revenue for the league to expand their portfolio??

For one clubs C Grade to theoretically benefit.
its for the benefit of 18 clubs with c & d grade teams, 18 * 50 men = 900 footballers
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:can you please update the div 4 top team going through you have GG as that team but its salisbury west all the way :)

yeah baby yeah!! the mighty salisbury west...

(its sure gonna make for some massive grand finals if only the winner goes up)

2015b.jpg
2015b.jpg (74.41 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Yank Man » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm

I'm actually hearing your argument marbles but let me give you some player quotes.

Round 16 Henley v MP in 2012. " In what world would you scum ever be compared to this great club" that's from a highly reputed A grader at Henley.

Prelim Final TTG v Henley. We can't wait to play you second rate arrogant pricks in the Grand Final and show you our C grade will Always be better than your A grade. From another highly rated ex A grader from a Gullies.

Sorry but I get the feeling from the players that they LOVE the challenge to play against A grade clubs and knocking them off is the highlight of the day.

On the other hand we LOVE playing them too because we get to play on great decks like Henley, TTG, Modbury etc etc, all Div 1/2/3 clubs that we can only ever dream of playing on. Money or not. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Q. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:29 pm

marbles wrote:your clubs demise has nothing to do with the structure of the league

dont gaming blaming us for your poor techniques off the field to attract players.

when your club dies dont go blaming cgraders, cos it was cgraders who took you to your infamous premiership, so high & mighty superstar champions just beat a cgrader in the granny

when you fail to reward players for their ability & skill with any form of remuneration then you are now getting what you give - sweet nothing.

you & your club caused your death not mine

The same accusations can be levelled at your club.

Perhaps your own club is to blame for lack of player retention in the last 12 months and that it is you and your club causing the death of your C-grade.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League