VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Postby Q. » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 pm

Trader wrote:
Q. wrote:I work in agriculture, the prediction is that 2015 will bring a dry winter...there's a marketing exploit - "You won't have to play in the rain this year!"

Agreed! The Positive Indian Ocean Dipole at the moment together with a strong move on the ENSO towards an El Nino event, conditions should be good!

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:57 pm

morell wrote:
Trader wrote:At this risk of agreeing with Marbles, I actually don't care if the bottom 4 clubs all fall over. Survival of the fittest and all that. Your players can be taken up by the bigger clubs around you, therefore filling the last two spots in Super C&D #2!!!
Yeah sure, I would agree with you if we're talking about Henley's or PAC's A Grade, but we're not, you would be killing off those bottom 4 clubs for effectively C Grade preferences, likes and wants. Which is just fundamentally ridiculous. Keep going and eventually you will have Henley Blue Vs Henley Gold and PAC Green Vs PAC Red.

Uni Purples will be strong too!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:05 pm

morell wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
morell wrote:
A club surviving should get priority over C Grade division preference.

I daresay the Clubs that have C Grade and even D Grades.....would argue the point.....SAAFL's History pages a full of Clubs with traditions that have fallen or merged because of circumstances various....."Should get priority" is not a tangible reason IMO.
I am sorry, but a clubs C Grade wanting division x over division y should be considered secondary to a club surviving. It should also be secondary to denying a club promotion or relegating a club undeservedly.

Can't even believe I am arguing this point. Would have thought it was standard fare.

Unless you have the resources to have all Clubs participate in a Poll on that matter... "thinking" its standard fare is not the same as knowing. Like mine Morell...it is only our opinions..... ;) As for arguing the point...fess up....you love it....... :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:29 pm

Q. wrote:I work in agriculture, the prediction is that 2015 will bring a dry winter...there's a marketing exploit - "You won't have to play in the rain this year!"

If that occurs, the money will dry up in the country and you will see players flooding back to the city.
We will all look back at the recent bitching and moaning about player payment and ask "what was that all about?"
Then the rains will come again and the bitching and moaning will start again - it is all cyclical
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:41 pm

i somehow believe that all clubs shouldnt have to vote on this. theres a loop hole somewhere here...

i mean all the following 18 clubs provide 4 sides each to the league, they also have under 18s, theyre also known junior developers, which holds them in good stead knowing theyll have plenty more players coming up through the ranks for decades to come. these 18 clubs are the foundation clubs of the league

it is known they are doing a great job their As & Bs are complying with the leagues affiliation requirements, they honour the tasks week in week out.

now these well serving 18 clubs also provide C & D grade sides. what a complimentary bonus for the league. the enormous influx of players these 18 clubs facilitate for the league is incredible. the C9AFL is in complete honour and worship for the exponential contribution of revenue these 18 clubs provide to the league

now these BLUE-CHIP clubs announce that their juniors, their under 18s, and their long serving former A & B Graders are on a path that is very unappealing and is damaging to their own player stocks. They state - our core group of footballers is shrinking because your path is taking them into an unequal playing field where our cgraders, our upcoming dgraders, our div 1 reserves, our newly promoted juniors are all being made to face small-time and sometimes feral agraders from lowly contributing football clubs at the bottom of your barrels.

we require a justified environment to house not only our massive assets but your massive assets, and to place them into an equal highly attractive playing field, to enable us to further flourish for your sake and ours, we can no longer be burdened by your battling associates at the bottom of div 7 who wish to use our boys as stepping stones to ensure their survival. We as independent clubs have our own problems that need your assistance and we can no longer drag along these dependent clubs because we as their stepping stones are suppressing our own massive ongoing contributions to the league.

please free our men from having to play these agraders who's contribution the league in comparison to ours is miniature, and enable us to restore our playing stocks the way you can only hope. just as those clubs in division 8 are doing so in their current state. We too seek the privilege of being immune of this corruption to our playing stocks.

I sincerely believe the C9AFL must & will oblige to the needs of its BLUE-CHIP clubs first

a c-grade super league has more long term benefits and revenue raising potential than hanging on to a few fledging clubs who already have one foot in the grave

will mitchell park, angle vale, & flinders uni be put ahead of the following clubs???

Adelaide Uni
Modbury
Golden Grove
PAC
TTG
Shocs
Henley
Smosh
Payneham
Old Ignations
Flinders Parks
Salisbury
Hope Valley
North Haven
Unley
ROCS
Goodwood

c-grade super league will be one the best things the league has done since hooking all the SAFA clubs back, because it will further empower the BLUE-CHIP clubs and consequently empowering the quality of football Div 1 & Div 2 will provide.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 pm

Go and join the Channel 7 blue chip league then
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Crikey it's gone full tard.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm

marbles wrote:i somehow believe that all clubs shouldnt have to vote on this. theres a loop hole somewhere here...

i mean all the following 18 clubs provide 4 sides each to the league, they also have under 18s, theyre also known junior developers, which holds them in good stead knowing theyll have plenty more players coming up through the ranks for decades to come. these 18 clubs are the foundation clubs of the league

Adelaide Uni

Since when have University done anything for junior development?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:57 pm

Plz take my club off your lists.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:i somehow believe that all clubs shouldnt have to vote on this. theres a loop hole somewhere here...

i mean MOST the following 18 clubs provide 4 sides each to the league, they also have under 18s, theyre also known junior developers, which holds them in good stead knowing theyll have plenty more players coming up through the ranks for decades to come. these 18 clubs are the foundation clubs of the league

Adelaide Uni

ok most :) but they have 7 teams dont they - so theyre the biggest BLUE CHIP of them all
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:59 pm

jo172 wrote:Plz take my club off your lists.

no ones ever known what your club is
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:19 pm

marbles wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:

i mean MOST the following 18 clubs provide 4 sides each to the league, they also have under 18s, theyre also known junior developers, which holds them in good stead knowing theyll have plenty more players coming up through the ranks for decades to come. these 18 clubs are the foundation clubs of the league

Adelaide Uni

ok most :) but they have 7 teams dont they - so theyre the biggest BLUE CHIP of them all

Iggies, PAOC, ROCs, oh my, this list is falling fast.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby marbles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:25 pm

its up to u blokes if u wanna dismiss these club as blue-chips i honestly dont care, the league needs to attend to the big clubs first & u know it.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:27 pm

marbles wrote:its up to u blokes if u wanna dismiss these club as blue-chips i honestly dont care, the league needs to attend to the big clubs first & u know it.

So that's why Collingwood gets everything they want?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:40 pm

You're one of the best false argument builders I have ever seen marbles... and there are a few on this site so well done. I am not saying any club should be put in front of any other club.

I am saying any clubs survival should be put in front of a C Grade sides right to choose what division they play in and who they play against.

Stop. Dribbling. Shit.
morell
Coach

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:02 pm

morell wrote:You're one of the best false argument builders I have ever seen marbles... and there are a few on this site so well done. I am not saying any club should be put in front of any other club.

I am saying any clubs survival should be put in front of a C Grade sides right to choose what division they play in and who they play against.

Stop. Dribbling. Shit.

Surely a Club's survival has less to do with the Division they play in rather than having staff and players to form the foundation of a Club.....

If you don't, can't, or unwilling to change ( ie. merging for example- at the risk of opening Pandora's box again) then prioritising a Club's becomes academic whether it's Div 7 or C grade super league.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Image

Our two M & M,s ..... reminds you bit about the real pair of M & M's.....polar opposites....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Cohiba wrote:
morell wrote:You're one of the best false argument builders I have ever seen marbles... and there are a few on this site so well done. I am not saying any club should be put in front of any other club.

Stop. Dribbling. Shit.

Surely a Club's survival has less to do with the Division they play in rather than having staff and players to form the foundation of a Club.....

If you don't, can't, or unwilling to change ( ie. merging for example- at the risk of opening Pandora's box again) then prioritising a Club's becomes academic whether it's Div 7 or C grade super league.

Surely? Definitely.

MPFC will have a preference on where we want to play next year, just like we did this year, but as we understand that we're merely a citizen in a bigger society, we will play where we're told, suck it up and give it our best. As will 99% of the other clubs in the SAAFL from D1 to C4.

Its a storm in a tea cup. Henley will play in D8 next year. The SAAFL will form a D7 of a few A Grade sides mixed with strong willed C Grade sides, everyone will marvel at marbles inability to grasp simple concepts and the world will keep on spinning.
Last edited by morell on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Image

Our two M & M,s ..... reminds you bit about the real pair of M & M's.....polar opposites....
You get in the bowl.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League