A grade coaching vacancies 2015

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Postby shoe boy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:51 am

Is there problems within the playing group re coach or just a committee issue?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:38 am

shoe boy wrote:Is there problems within the playing group re coach or just a committee issue?

As with most clubs, after 4-5 years the playing group and the club will consider options. Dent has done a very good job for the club, producing a premiership and if not for a finals campaign ruined by injury last year, could have made the big dance again. Team is producing its best form now after being ordinary in the first half of the year, so any suggestion that they are not playing as a team and playing for the coach, seem to be off the money.

I have no idea what the club will do in regards to senior coaching roles, but I'm sure all options would be considered and I don't think that would be a surprise to Dent either. I think it's a healthy thing to look at the options. For all I know Dent may not want to coach next year...
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:30 pm

afc9798 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Is there problems within the playing group re coach or just a committee issue?

As with most clubs, after 4-5 years the playing group and the club will consider options. Dent has done a very good job for the club, producing a premiership and if not for a finals campaign ruined by injury last year, could have made the big dance again. Team is producing its best form now after being ordinary in the first half of the year, so any suggestion that they are not playing as a team and playing for the coach, seem to be off the money.

I have no idea what the club will do in regards to senior coaching roles, but I'm sure all options would be considered and I don't think that would be a surprise to Dent either. I think it's a healthy thing to look at the options. For all I know Dent may not want to coach next year...

Agree AFC A grade team playing some good footy and reckon looking at who is is out there is not a blight on Dent himself more about how effective is it to hear same message in the 5th year. Dent is a good bloke but last year made some risky selections of his mates in finals which contributed to not making the "big dance" as you put it.

Bring on September
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Axle Rose » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 am

So I've read whispers of Dent to Myponga, Coleman to HV, so let start a new one of Sampson to MVale. A nice easy 3 way swap??? I'm sure Sampson would be open to the idea of going "home" at some stage?
Axle Rose
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Reckon emus will be pretty keen to keep hold of BC after yesterdays win over Reynella
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby Vinney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 am

Mister Footy and AFC, you seem to have a lot to say about the club and especially regarding the coaching position at the Valley. Are you involved in the club in any formal way? I would hope not!
I can tell it’s the clubs decision to advertise and I know Dent was keen to be reappointed before the season was finished. Four, five or six years is not too long depending on results and the improvement of players. This year Dents focus was on promoting juniors to step up a grade, if they were up to it. We have seen a large number of kids doing this year and we have had around 10 under 18’s play B grade and 4 play A grade. There would have been more if the others wanted to step up. A large number of players are having their best year for the club, so I would think the instructions Dent is giving has been followed out. The players understand and are happy.
Some stats for you to consider regarding Dents record;
No other club has won more A grade games than the Valleys in Dents time
No other club has won more A grade finals, Brighton have won the same number
No other club has scored more points for in A grade
No other club has conceded more points in A grade
I know a few other clubs that would like to have that record.
We all know 2013 turned out to be a big disappointment for the club, but I am not sure where you are coming from with the comment “Some risky selections on his mates last year”, please explain.
Vinney

Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am

Vinney wrote:Mister Footy and AFC, you seem to have a lot to say about the club and especially regarding the coaching position at the Valley. Are you involved in the club in any formal way? I would hope not!
I can tell it’s the clubs decision to advertise and I know Dent was keen to be reappointed before the season was finished. Four, five or six years is not too long depending on results and the improvement of players. This year Dents focus was on promoting juniors to step up a grade, if they were up to it. We have seen a large number of kids doing this year and we have had around 10 under 18’s play B grade and 4 play A grade. There would have been more if the others wanted to step up. A large number of players are having their best year for the club, so I would think the instructions Dent is giving has been followed out. The players understand and are happy.
We all know 2013 turned out to be a big disappointment for the club, but I am not sure where you are coming from with the comment “Some risky selections on his mates last year”, please explain.

And add 74 % win in his time at Valley.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby afc9798 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:07 pm

Vinney wrote:Mister Footy and AFC, you seem to have a lot to say about the club and especially regarding the coaching position at the Valley. Are you involved in the club in any formal way? I would hope not!

Vinney, here's my post on this topic, quoted word for word...

"As with most clubs, after 4-5 years the playing group and the club will consider options. Dent has done a very good job for the club, producing a premiership and if not for a finals campaign ruined by injury last year, could have made the big dance again. Team is producing its best form now after being ordinary in the first half of the year, so any suggestion that they are not playing as a team and playing for the coach, seem to be off the money."

I have no idea what the club will do in regards to senior coaching roles, but I'm sure all options would be considered and I don't think that would be a surprise to Dent either. I think it's a healthy thing to look at the options. For all I know Dent may not want to coach next year..."

Was wondering which parts were incorrect or not supportive? As I also clearly stated, I have no idea what the club will do and if they re-appoint him, I would be more than happy. It's a forum, where the general idea is that you are allowed to have an opinion about club/s and the SFL in general.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Mister Footy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Vinnie you are doing a cracker job at promoting Dent and good on you. Should be his campaign manager.

No I am not involved in an official capacity at the club - now just a passionate supporter of the Valleys

As AFC says this is a forum where you can share you views and I have said Dent is a good bloke and mean no detriment to him - have enjoyed a beer with him at the club and he has got us a premiership. Personally I reckon it's time for a change and I have my reasons and criticisms of Dent that dont need to be aired on this forum

However you ask about my comment on risky selections - it's well known that some of the blokes he selected for the Prelim last year were not at 100% - some of these he has longterm connections with. He rolled the dice with these players as the Brighton A grade coach did in the GF the year before and both times it didnt come off. Dent probably thought those blokes were better options than the B graders available. Dunno about that - hindsight is a great thing though isnt it.

I disagree with some of what you have to say but dont reckon this forum is the place for that
Last edited by Mister Footy on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Vinney wrote:No other club has conceded more points in A grade

14 clubs have.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Vinney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

14 clubs have.

Touche. Conceded fewer points.

Hindsight is a wonderful. But change, just for change sake, is also fraught with danger.

As for his campaign manager, maybe. But that is his record. Facts are facts.

I know this is a forum, and opinions are put forward, whether they are popular or not. But I do say this about Dent.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.
Promoted juniors this year. Tick.
Organized some excellent speakers for the football nights. Tick.
Puts money back into the club. Tick.

Talks to lots of people every night he is there. And lets face it, we all have an opinion on what he could/should do during a game.

I believe and have seen, Denty is a great club person, and HVFC is lucky to have such a person involved in our club.
Vinney

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Vinney wrote:

14 clubs have.

Hindsight is a wonderful. But change, just for change sake, is also fraught with danger.

I know this is a forum, and opinions are put forward, whether they are popular or not. But I do say this about Dent.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.

Talks to lots of people every night he is there. And lets face it, we all have an opinion on what he could/should do during a game.

I believe and have seen, Denty is a great club person, and HVFC is lucky to have such a person involved in our club.

Sounds like he will do well at Myponga then
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 am

Vinney wrote:

14 clubs have.

What else can he do?

Promotes the club. Tick.

Win Premierships maybe?

1 Flag for the best team of that period, stats don't lie as you say, is a poor return IMO.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Front & Centre » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:52 am

You have made a few interesting points here Vinney.
"This year Dents focus was on promoting juniors" Why only this year? Shouldnt an A grade coach always be looking to promote juniors?
"The players are happy" What makes you say this? Not sure that is 100% correct and is probably a contributing factor to the club advertising this year.
"4, 5 or 6 years is not too long depending on results" The results speak for themselves. As has been pointed out one premiership with all of your impressive stats is not a great return.
Club is making a good decision to see who else is out there
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Enough talking about Dent - lets focus on the footy
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Enough talking about Dent - lets focus on the footy

We have another thread for that
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:26 pm

If he's that good why would you be looking for another coach?
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby jet-airport » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Front & Centre wrote:

You have made a few interesting points here Vinney.
"This year Dents focus was on promoting juniors" Why only this year? Shouldnt an A grade coach always be looking to promote juniors?
"The players are happy" What makes you say this? Not sure that is 100% correct and is probably a contributing factor to the club advertising this year.
"4, 5 or 6 years is not too long depending on results" The results speak for themselves. As has been pointed out one premiership with all of your impressive stats is not a great return.
Club is making a good decision to see who else is out there

Think you will find those apparent 14 kids who played up are only 6-7 that make up 14 appearances....... for the year in A/B grade. U/18S finished top and undefeated I think? You only see 3 lads on SFL website that have played A-grade footy for Valley .......?
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 66 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:32 pm

HV lose this weekend and bow out of finals in straight sets I would suggest Dent could pack his bags.....
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL