A grade coaching vacancies 2015

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: A grade coaching vacancies 2015

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Front & Centre wrote:HV lose this weekend and bow out of finals in straight sets I would suggest Dent could pack his bags.....

Well let's see if your prediction is right F&C. Reckon coaching job should attract some quality applicants
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Front & Centre wrote:HV lose this weekend and bow out of finals in straight sets I would suggest Dent could pack his bags.....

Depends if he brought back his raffle tickets or not
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:

You are a funny man LGIL. I must have known something ahead of time as HV did go out in straight sets and I am predicting Dent has coached his last game for Happy Valley. I think club hierarchy will wait till finals are done and make some approaches as well as advertising. Could be one of many changes
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Front & Centre wrote:

You are a funny man LGIL. I must have known something ahead of time as HV did go out in straight sets and I am predicting Dent has coached his last game for Happy Valley. I think club hierarchy will wait till finals are done and make some approaches as well as advertising. Could be one of many changes

Dent to Colonel Light Gardens.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby jet-airport » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:

Dent to Colonel Light Gardens.

Growing stronger this one...... all the rage Sun at Prelims is it already done n dusted FC? CLG better double up their Tooheys Extra Dry orders for next year :)
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Mister Footy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Good luck to CLG and Dent.

With him confirmed as gone gonna be interesting to see who replaces him. Not buying the BC rumour now - MV should be locking him away tight after getting them to a prelim final.

Anyone want to pick the frontrunners? Strong club with lots talent coming through - undefeated 18s, B grade in GF. Club coach role should get plenty of attention
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby Leo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Good luck to CLG and Dent.

With him confirmed as gone gonna be interesting to see who replaces him. Not buying the BC rumour now - MV should be locking him away tight after getting them to a prelim final.

Anyone want to pick the frontrunners? Strong club with lots talent coming through - undefeated 18s, B grade in GF. Club coach role should get plenty of attention

If the grapevine is correct, if this hasn't already been done, then it is extremely close to it. Have no doubt BC would love to continue what he has started and hopefully get to the big dance next year. Already some "Mad Monday" murmers of some quality returning to Wheatsheaf Rd next year.
Leo
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Front & Centre » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:52 pm

Leo wrote:

If the grapevine is correct, if this hasn't already been done, then it is extremely close to it. Have no doubt BC would love to continue what he has started and hopefully get to the big dance next year. Already some "Mad Monday" murmers of some quality returning to Wheatsheaf Rd next year.

Leo I wouldnt accept this as a done deal just yet. There are alot of people close to BC that are in favour of him returning to his home club. I believe the true discussions will start soon as HV have been waiting for him to finish his finals campaign.
Club not putting all their eggs in one basket though - notice they got their ad out there early. MF is right - HV is a strong club and I am sure there will be alot of interest.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:57 pm

jet-airport wrote:
Growing stronger this one...... all the rage Sun at Prelims is it already done n dusted FC?

As far as I'm aware...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jet-airport wrote:
Growing stronger this one...... all the rage Sun at Prelims is it already done n dusted FC?

As far as I'm aware...

Old news. done and dusted !
One would think a bit of a backward step.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Leo » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Front & Centre wrote:
Leo wrote:

Leo I wouldnt accept this as a done deal just yet. There are alot of people close to BC that are in favour of him returning to his home club. I believe the true discussions will start soon as HV have been waiting for him to finish his finals campaign.
Club not putting all their eggs in one basket though - notice they got their ad out there early. MF is right - HV is a strong club and I am sure there will be alot of interest.

Yep, I could imagine he is held in high regard at Valley, so they would be keen to have a chat at the very least. Just what ive heard (through a mate of a mate of a mate) is that he had already told the club he wanted to go again and that the players were also keen for him to continue. So unless there is something we don't know about, I would be very surprised if he left just yet.
Leo
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby spot on » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:31 pm

I have heard a rumour that Ben Coleman is off to South Adelaide in a junior coaching role next year.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

As far as I'm aware...

Agree, what is the motivation behind dropping back a few levels? $$?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Dazza44 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:15 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

As far as I'm aware...

I would have thought a VERY backward step if he's serious about coaching serious football !
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby jet-airport » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:55 am

Dazza44 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

As far as I'm aware...

I would have thought a VERY backward step if he's serious about coaching serious football !

Agree, playing footy in front of 60-80 spectators is a large step down. Well HVFC presentation night will be a cracker then!!! :axe: wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall at the end of the night when Dinga has the microphone in hand...... :evil:
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Mister Footy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 am

JA from what i hear the parting was a positive one. Dents message to players was respectful apparently and says he looks forward to having a beer with them on Viking Medal night. Timing of message pretty poor when some of those who got the message were just about to play in a PF. He would be very foolish to grab the mike and give a spray - Adelaide too small a town for that. Hasnt stopped previous coaches though.

My guess is Dent's choice to go to CLG is for family reasons - closer to where he lives or works? I hear he has moved down to the flat now. Could be wrong but that was the word going around on Sunday.

Keen to see who takes on the job next.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Mister Footy wrote:Keen to see who takes on the job next.

Me too!! I have been thinking of returning to the club for a while now...
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Front & Centre » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:18 pm

Alot of focus on the Happy Valley position but can anyone tell me if any other clubs are looking to change A grade coach next season?
Front & Centre
Rookie

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Brenton Sanderson is available :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Alot of focus on the Happy Valley position but can anyone tell me if any other clubs are looking to change A grade coach next season?

I'd be keen to know answer to this one too. Which clubs have stitched up their A grade coaches, who is looking and who do you reckon should look?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL