Round 16 - live scores, results & conversing.

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 16 - live scores, results & conversing.

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I'll be honest- im getting sick to death of this "WE are the pride of SA, we arethe best team in SA, we have more members, our crowd volume decibel reading is louder, my dick is bigger than your dick" tit for tat argument between crows and power fans and the SA media.

Who gives a flying **** about those numbers. Right now- neither side looks favourite to win the flag- port have dropped a little and need a massive turnaround in form to challenge the beasts, and adelaide are too inconsistent to even be considered a threat.

Dont get me wrong- im all for footy banter, but this is dead set ****ing ridiculous. "We registered 110 decibels of crowd noise- we are the loudest team" "GO US!" Give me a break.

Right now as far as im concerned- 2 numbers matter between the sides. Premierships won and showdowns won. Split at 1 all.

No wonder other states think our fans are laughable....whilst we are celebrating members and decibel readings, other fans celebrate premierships. Give me that any day of the ****ing week.

Dont get me wrong- I have loved what we have been able to do as far as form reveral, but im wanting more.

Please Port Adelaide- snap out of your form slump and give me something real, something meaninful, something every fan will recognise and congratulate us on, to celebrate.

/ of mondays roast.

Well said, I was thinking the same thing on saturday night as I was watching the port game and the decibel reader thing came up. I was thinking that both sides have now resorted to these types of stunts purely for bragging rights/one up man ship type of thing.

The decibel thing was just typical channel 7 crap
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Whoever it was has just blatantly copied the NFL, again. They did it last year at a few stadiums. Seattle has the title now. Nobody besides Seattle supporters care either.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:11 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:
valleys07 wrote:I'll be honest- im getting sick to death of this "WE are the pride of SA, we arethe best team in SA, we have more members, our crowd volume decibel reading is louder, my dick is bigger than your dick" tit for tat argument between crows and power fans and the SA media.

Who gives a flying **** about those numbers. Right now- neither side looks favourite to win the flag- port have dropped a little and need a massive turnaround in form to challenge the beasts, and adelaide are too inconsistent to even be considered a threat.

Dont get me wrong- im all for footy banter, but this is dead set ****ing ridiculous. "We registered 110 decibels of crowd noise- we are the loudest team" "GO US!" Give me a break.

Right now as far as im concerned- 2 numbers matter between the sides. Premierships won and showdowns won. Split at 1 all.

No wonder other states think our fans are laughable....whilst we are celebrating members and decibel readings, other fans celebrate premierships. Give me that any day of the ****ing week.

Dont get me wrong- I have loved what we have been able to do as far as form reveral, but im wanting more.

Please Port Adelaide- snap out of your form slump and give me something real, something meaninful, something every fan will recognise and congratulate us on, to celebrate.

/ of mondays roast.

Well said, I was thinking the same thing on saturday night as I was watching the port game and the decibel reader thing came up. I was thinking that both sides have now resorted to these types of stunts purely for bragging rights/one up man ship type of thing.

The decibel thing was just typical channel 7 crap

It's cringeworthy laughable bullshit!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Port should just stick to what they know ... Tarps and Creeds :D :D :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:51 pm

gossipgirl wrote:Port should just stick to what they know ... Tarps and Creeds :D :D :D

Tired old shit. :roll: Any chance you could ever come up with your own material sheep
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:06 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:Port should just stick to what they know ... Tarps and Creeds :D :D :D

Tired old shit. :roll: Any chance you could ever come up with your own material sheep

Not possible....you are forgetting which AFL team they support ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby gossipgirl » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:21 pm

But its just too funny !!!! 8)
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Finally someone that seen what i seen. Robbo just saying now that the eye gauge was before the choke and footage that backs it up.
Petrie very f*&(%ing lucky to not got 3-4.
If Lake gets more than 1 its a joke. If u cant defend yourself when someone eye gauges you then there is something wrong.
Petrie is a F(*^ing dog
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:20 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Finally someone that seen what i seen. Robbo just saying now that the eye gauge was before the choke and footage that backs it up.
If Lake gets more than 1 its a joke. If u cant defend yourself when someone eye gauges you then there is something wrong.
Petrie is a F(*^ing dog

Have just seen that, reckon you are right.
Little wonder Lake lost the plot
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:13 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Finally someone that seen what i seen. Robbo just saying now that the eye gauge was before the choke and footage that backs it up.
Petrie is a F(*^ing dog

If you're sooking this much now, I can't wait until tomorrow night when the tribunal throw the book at shit for brains Lake :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5486 times
Been liked: 5124 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Petrie is a F(*^ing dog

Have just seen that, reckon you are right.
Little wonder Lake lost the plot

I tend to agree. The first time I saw it I wasn't sure what came first....the choke or the eye gauge. To be honest I'm still not sure. I think both players should be at tribunal. If Drew Petrie reckons he wasn't choked by Lake then he should get 4 for eye gauging. Likewise, if Lake reckons he was wasn't eye gauged by Petrie he gets 4 for choking. It will be interesting to Lakes defence. What will happen if he says the only reason I choked him was because he was sticking his fingers in my eyes. Does the MRP then review their decision to reprimand Petrie?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Hopefully it gets thrown out and we can go back to pinging blokes for bumps.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby carey » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 pm

How you have managed 14 likes is beyond belief!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 am

Petrie is a F(*^ing dog

i just saw the footage on footy classified, and to say that that was an eye gouge before lake grabbed him is pretty ridiculous. he was making contact with his face but it wasnt substantial contact until after he was grabbed by the throat.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby nuggety goodness » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 am

bennymacca wrote:
Petrie is a F(*^ing dog

i just saw the footage on footy classified, and to say that that was an eye gouge before lake grabbed him is pretty ridiculous. he was making contact with his face but it wasnt substantial contact until after he was grabbed by the throat.

from what i saw it looked more like Lake had his gurnsey held tight across his throat with his right hand and the left came in later to apply the extra pressure... Petrie kinda took it for a second then fought back a little before getting backup. I dont think the gauge was of any real force and i dont think it was prior to the choke, Lake wouldve been jacked because Petrie was all over him and his frustration got the better of him...

this is worse than Luis Suarez.... give him 10! ;-)
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby cracka » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:49 am

Petrie is a F(*^ing dog

It may have been before the choke but it wasn't before Lakes brain fade headlock for no reason.
And I still don't call what Petrie did as eye gouging, I've seen worse from a 6 month old baby. Petrie was just trying to get the idiot off him, once he realised he had fingers near dickhead Lakes eye he stopped, but wanker Lake kept going.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:22 pm

I see Petrie is going to appeal, can the tribunal hand out a bigger sentence than the 1 game he will get?
I dont think Petrie and the Roos are all there, surely they should take the reprimand and run, it is and will be the lightest sentence ever given for an eye gouge.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:40 pm

I really only see Lake place his thumb around Petries throat very late in the wrestle, perhaps only moments before reinforcements arrive.

Prior to that it looks like Lake has his thumb tucked into the palm of his hand and is pushing down on the collar bone area of Petrie. Upon Petries "second" wriggle across the face of Lake with his hand does Lake really engage what would be described as a choke.

That's how I see it, anyway.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:54 pm

At the start it doesn't look to me like Petrie is trying to gauge his eyes, he appears to have a closed hand, more like he is trying to push the face of Lake? However towards the end when Lake chokes him there is a brief shot that looks like a gauge attempt (see below)

Perhaps Lake was pushing into his throat with his fist before changing to the choke which comes towards the end.

Regardless of when they did each offence or who retaliated to who, I think they're both in trouble.

lake.JPG
lake.JPG (17.49 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

choke.JPG
choke.JPG (13.4 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

eye gauge..JPG
eye gauge..JPG (16.98 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Petrie let off completely, all charges dropped
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL