The "Puppies"

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The "Puppies"

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:54 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ricky Muir has lost 3 key media advisors In the last week, not a good start for the rookie

Just back on this for a sec then we can get back to boobs. I also heard that his party are imploding at moment and its likely that reelection wont be possible as he wont be able to get the 100 paid up memebers signatures as required.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Re: The

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:26 pm

stan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Ricky Muir has lost 3 key media advisors In the last week, not a good start for the rookie

Just back on this for a sec then we can get back to boobs. I also heard that his party are imploding at moment and its likely that reelection wont be possible as he wont be able to get the 100 paid up memebers signatures as required.

Hasn't he joined the PUPs?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:43 pm

i had thought he had agreed to an alliance with them, yet still planned on retaining his status as a standalone "party".

basically he agreed to vote with them on some things but not others. although i could be wrong.

he may well join them if the info on his party implosion is true though

also, should this thread have NSFW tags?? :lol:
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:44 pm

tipper wrote:i had thought he had agreed to an alliance with them, yet still planned on retaining his status as a standalone "party".

basically he agreed to vote with them on some things but not others. although i could be wrong.

he may well join them if the info on his party implosion is true though

also, should this thread have NSFW tags?? :lol:

He agreed in principle to form a voting bloc with the pups... But then voted against them in the very first opportunity they had to vote
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:

No still an independent but very much a puppet of Palmer.
stan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:10 pm

stan wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
stan wrote:

No still an independent but very much a puppet of Palmer.

The only way he will be a double termer is if he joins the PUPs full time. No possible chance of re-election as a member of the MEPs.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:48 pm

a win for the Puppies with the co-cpayment medicare bill
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby stan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:03 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:a win for the Puppies with the co-cpayment medicare bill

I didnt think anything got through.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:58 pm

Clive Palmer making friends in China.

Jackie Lambie calls for Australia to "double defence spending"

"to prevent Australians being enslaved by a “totalitarian foreign power” with a history of military aggression."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 045f6eb013

THE Palmer United Party has intensified its attacks on China, with its Tasmanian senator Jacqui Lambie warning of the danger of an invasion of Australia, as she backed Clive Palmer’s criticism of “Chinese mongrels”.

Senator Lambie called for defence spending to be doubled to prevent Australians being enslaved by a “totalitarian foreign power” with a history of military aggression.

Hitting back following criticism of Mr Palmer’s initial remarks, Senator Lambie accused the two major parties of failing to defend the country against the rising threat.

“If anybody thinks that we should have a national security and defence policy, which ignores the threat of a Chinese Communist invasion — you’re delusional and got rocks in your head,” she wrote in an email to the media.

“The Communist Chinese military capacity and level of threat to the western world democracies is at an unprecedented and historical high.

“They come at a time when Australian military spending and capacity is at historic lows.

“Today China is controlled by an aggressive, anti democratic, totalitarian government. We need to double the size and capacity of our military right now.

“Both Labor and the Liberals/Nationals have failed to build an Australian military that is able to defend us — and stop our grandchildren from becoming slaves to an aggressive, anti-democratic, totalitarian foreign power.”

Senator Lambie described as a “timely warning” Mr Palmer’s tirade on ABC television last night in which he called the Chinese government “mongrels” and “bastards” who “want to take over this country” and who “shoot their own people”.

The PUP’s China-born senator Zhenya “Dio” Wang also backed his party leader, saying Mr Palmer’s remarks had been taken out of context and triggered by “provocative” questions on the Q&A show.

“From personal experience I have found Clive to be consistently respectful and supportive throughout our relationship in both the private sector and now in the political arena,” Senator Wang said in a statement. “There has never been the slightest suggestion on his part of a prejudicial view of members of the Chinese community.”

Senior government ministers warned Mr Palmer’s tirade would damage Australian trade and foreign relations, while West Australian Premier Colin Barnett said he would apologise for the mining magnate’s “highly offensive” remarks.

Julie Bishop said she planned to tell the Chinese embassy Australia’s parliament did not share Mr Palmer’s “abusive” views.

Joe Hockey warned the PUP leader to avoid letting his personal disputes with Chinese partners “bring down the rest of Australia” when employers were trying to lift exports to the rising Asian economy.

Agriculture Minister Barnaby Joyce linked Mr Palmer’s outburst to the negotiations over the budget with the Palmer United Party, saying the remarks gave voters an insight into the dealings with the politician.

Labor called the remarks “unhelpful” and “unacceptable” while Shanghai Chamber of Commerce president Peter Arkell went further, labelling them “bizarre” and “dangerous”.

Mr Palmer lashed out at the Chinese government and Chinese companies during the ABC Q & A program last night when asked by host Tony Jones about allegations he used a $12 million payment from Chinese state-owned company Citic Pacific, meant to support a port operation, to pay for some of his election campaign.

“We’ve had three judgments in the Federal Court and the Supreme Court of Western Australia and an arbitration against these Chinese mongrels,” he said of the business dispute.

“I’m saying that because they’re Communist, they shoot their own people, they haven’t got a justice system and they want to take over this country. And we’re not going to let them.”

Mr Palmer said the Chinese government wanted to bring workers into Australia to “destroy” the wages system and extract iron ore without paying for it.
“I don’t mind standing up against the Chinese bastards and stop them from doing it,” he told the program.

Mr Palmer sought to limit the damage this morning by saying his remarks were not aimed at the Chinese people.

“My #qanda comments not intended to refer to Chinese people but to Chinese company which is taking Australian resources & not paying,” he tweeted.

However, his televised remarks also seemed aimed at the Chinese government, with an apparent reference to the Tiananmen Square killings in 1989 when he mentioned the “Communists” who “shoot their own people”.

Mr Hockey said Mr Palmer’s comments would damage Australia’s relationship with China.

“I think it is hugely damaging for Mr Palmer to make those sort of comments because ultimately he is a big beneficiary of a Chinese investment partner, someone that has paid to help him develop his resources,” the Treasurer said.

“Now he is in a very obvious legal dispute with his Chinese partners.

“But I’d say to Mr Palmer: ‘please don’t bring down Australia as a result of your biases’.”

Mr Joyce said the remarks were not helpful to Australia’s relationship with China.

“He wanted to make a lot of money out of dealing with China,” Mr Joyce said of Mr Palmer.

“You can’t blame the Chinese for being tough business people — that’s what business is about.

“But the emotive and colourful language is not the way you do business.”

Bill Shorten warned that Mr Palmer’s remarks could offend Australians as well as damaging the bilateral relationship.

“I think a lot of Chinese-Australians would understandably feel hurt by these comments,” the Labor leader said. “We’ve come a long way as a proud multicultural nation and these comments are unacceptable.”

Mr Barnett, a staunch advocate of Chinese investment, also said Mr Palmer’s comments could be “extremely damaging” to the mining industry and to Canberra-Beijing relations.

He said would write to the Chinese Embassy in Canberra to apologise.

“Mr Palmer is displaying the worst of Australia. He is damaging the international standing of Australia in Chinese eyes, both in investment and government circles.

“He is behaving improperly. He is an embarrassment.”

Former federal MP Pauline Hanson also criticised Mr Palmer for the remarks.

“I never said what Clive Palmer said, and Tony Abbott thought I was his biggest headache,” Ms Hanson told the Seven Network’s Sunrise program.

“I’ve always said clean up your own backyard before criticising other people.”

Chinese investor Citic Pacific is taking legal action against Mr Palmer and his companies over payments including $12 million intended for port services.

Asked at the National Press Club last month whether that money was used to fund his election campaign, Mr Palmer said: “That’s just not true.”

But The Australian revealed last month that court documents showed some of the money was paid to a company called Media Circus Network, a media agency involved in Mr Palmer’s federal election campaign.

Queensland Supreme Court records show that two Citic companies, Korean Steel and Sino Iron, have started proceedings with Clive Frederick Palmer named as the sole respondent.

Mr Palmer has denied any wrongdoing.

Jones asked Mr Palmer if he could promise that “not a cent of that $12 million” went missing under his watch, but Mr Palmer refused.

“I can tell you that those allegations are not true … we will be taking immediate action in the Supreme Court,” Mr Palmer responded. He is to face court next week.

The federal government is negotiating a trade agreement with China in the hope of striking a deal in November when Chinese president Xi Jinping visits Australia for the G20 summit, building on Tony Abbott’s visit to Beijing in April.

China is Australia’s largest trading partner, according to official figures showing the trade in goods and services was worth more than $150 billion in 2013
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Feck me this so called political party have NFI :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:22 pm

This will go down well with them considering our new defence ties with Japan.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Lol Palmer had the double out last night.
stan
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:01 pm

Great work Clive
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby stan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am

But thr best was saved for the big dick hunter. These guys worry me more everyday. They hold the balance of power and right now I wouldn't trust them with anything.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:25 am

stan wrote:But thr best was saved for the big dick hunter. These guys worry me more everyday. They hold the balance of power and right now I wouldn't trust them with anything.

i read the ABC news article about Q and A, and the weird thing was, for the first part of the show, i found myself agreeing with what clive had to say for the most part. and then out of nowhere he just launches into a tirade
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:08 am

stan wrote:But thr best was saved for the big dick hunter. These guys worry me more everyday. They hold the balance of power and right now I wouldn't trust them with anything.

:lol:

I think the hunt goes on, in earnest.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby stan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:59 am

bennymacca wrote:

i read the ABC news article about Q and A, and the weird thing was, for the first part of the show, i found myself agreeing with what clive had to say for the most part. and then out of nowhere he just launches into a tirade

It was like he flicked a switch. But this is most likely due to the issues he is having in his business areas with some Chinese companies.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:00 pm

Booney wrote:

:lol:

I think the hunt goes on, in earnest.

I believe it does. Just remember he needs to ne rich as well.
stan
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Yeah, but on a show like that he is supposed to be on his best behaviour to try and win votes, so to see that he lacks the self control to keep calm is pretty concerning
bennymacca
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics