SANFL Club Finances

All discussions to do with the SANFL

SANFL Club Finances

Postby klaan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:32 am

Clubs receive an extra $100,000 combined this year from AFC and PAFC, yet gaming revenue has dropped significantly and is affecting Clubs ability to post trading profits. I'm told at least half of the SANFL Clubs will still make losses in 2014.

The finances of the Clubs at the end of this year will show why they made the decisions they did. If they can't make money this year with an extra $100,000 in the coffers, how will they in the future?
klaan
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Postby sjt » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:16 am

[quote="klaan"]Clubs receive an extra $100,000 combined this year from AFC and PAFC, yet gaming revenue has dropped significantly and is affecting Clubs ability to post trading profits. I'm told at least half of the SANFL Clubs will still make losses in 2014.

The finances of the Clubs at the end of this year will show why they made the decisions they did. If they can't make money this year with an extra $100,000 in the coffers, how will they in the

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/h ... f5f0fb8aba
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:44 am

klaan wrote:Clubs receive an extra $100,000 combined this year from AFC and PAFC, yet gaming revenue has dropped significantly and is affecting Clubs ability to post trading profits. I'm told at least half of the SANFL Clubs will still make losses in 2014.

The finances of the Clubs at the end of this year will show why they made the decisions they did. If they can't make money this year with an extra $100,000 in the coffers, how will they in the future?

Where do you get $100k from. Only the Crows are paying $50k. Which equates to about 330 members. Any need to go on?
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Rucciangelo » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:48 am

johntheclaret wrote:
klaan wrote:Clubs receive an extra $100,000 combined this year from AFC and PAFC, yet gaming revenue has dropped significantly and is affecting Clubs ability to post trading profits. I'm told at least half of the SANFL Clubs will still make losses in 2014.

Where do you get $100k from. Only the Crows are paying $50k. Which equates to about 330 members. Any need to go on?

Probably more likely to be around 625 members if you base it at $80 per membership.
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
Rucciangelo
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:50 am

johntheclaret wrote:

From that link to the tiser story

The eight SANFL clubs without AFL alliances were each handed a $450,000 dividend.
This will increase to $550,000 this year with the payments from the Crows and Power for their SANFL entries
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby RB » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:36 am

klaan wrote:If they can't make money this year with an extra $100,000 in the coffers, how will they in the future?

I personally thought that hard work was the way to go - sometimes the 'easy' option doesn't work. $laven obviously thought otherwise.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby JK » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Salary Cap increases to $400k next year I think too
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby UK Fan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:18 pm

I wonderif trigg took into account SANFL clubs losing revenue due to the afl reserves in his 18 months worth of research.

Especially now these Victorian owned entities want more revenue out of Adelaide Oval. Because a $7 million uplift in revenue for them obviously isnt enough .
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby Grahaml » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:53 pm

UK Fan wrote:I wonderif trigg took into account SANFL clubs losing revenue due to the afl reserves in his 18 months worth of research.

Especially now these Victorian owned entities want more revenue out of Adelaide Oval. Because a $7 million uplift in revenue for them obviously isnt enough .

What's Trigg got to do with it? Not his comp and he didn't have a vote. He was looking after the interests of his own club, something 6 clubs failed (IMHO) to do.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:58 pm

Grahaml wrote:
UK Fan wrote:I wonderif trigg took into account SANFL clubs losing revenue due to the afl reserves in his 18 months worth of research.

What's Trigg got to do with it? Not his comp and he didn't have a vote. He was looking after the interests of his own club, something 6 clubs failed (IMHO) to do.

Because this was triggs vision for a better sa football. This was how he sold this to the league.

Trigg researched and presented this set up to be beneficial to all involved.Not just this is the best thing For Adelaide FC. He also stated he would not endorse a crows reserve team without unamious support from sanfl clubs. He then manipulated pressured bribed and lied to gain 6 out of 8 SANFL presidents to support his Vision.

How any South Australian would deliberately and maliciously go out of their way to weaken the Oldest football league in Australia for their own selfish gain is beyond me.

He is SA footballs Gordon Gecko.

Trying to make trigg blameless in all this is like saying it wasn't hitlers fault for WW2. He was just doing what he thought best for Germany. Its the germans who voted him into powers fault IMHO !!

You'll note triggs counterpart at port Adelaide wanted nothing to do with this.

And now trigg wants extra revenue out of sa football for his Victorian owned club. Without taking into account/miscalculating the massive losses SANFL clubs would incur due to his vision for sa football.

Seems a stuff up to me wouldn't you say.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:22 pm

Maybe he's still angry he missed out on Norths 1987 premiership, he was first reserve! :D
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2023 times
Been liked: 3867 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:34 pm

I don't know the truth either way but I remember Rucci saying in one of his articles recently that pretty much all of the SANFL clubs have big debts and that was why they voted Crows into the comp.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Gozu wrote:I don't know the truth either way but I remember Rucci saying in one of his articles recently that pretty much all of the SANFL clubs have big debts and that was why they voted Crows into the comp.

Did he mention their asset position to give a more accurate review of the clubs financial positions.

Cos 95% of companies in Australia have debts. Crows/power would have close to as much debt between them as the 8 SANFL clubs to put some perspective on it.

Dumbest explanation ever IMHO!!

There was one club in sa draining valuable resources out of sa football and it wasn't a SANFL club.
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Not debts in debt. He didn't say every club but that most of them are in debt.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby smac » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Wedgie wrote:Maybe he's still angry he missed out on Norths 1987 premiership, he was first reserve! :D

Highly likely, he's still shitty at Cowboy Neale for flicking him at Centrals.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby areaman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Gozu wrote:I don't know the truth either way but I remember Rucci saying in one of his articles recently that pretty much all of the SANFL clubs have big debts and that was why they voted Crows into the comp.

I know one club was running the argument that sponsorship would dry up if Crows & Power took their reserves elsewhere.

I have no doubt this argument may have helped persuade some other clubs with struggling finances to vote YES.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:19 pm

areaman wrote:

I know one club was running the argument that sponsorship would dry up if Crows & Power took their reserves elsewhere.

I have no doubt this argument may have helped persuade some other clubs with struggling finances to vote YES.

As stated manipulation and lies re: entering Ammos .

But it's not triggs fault apparently :roll:

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:22 pm

Gozu wrote:Not debts in debt. He didn't say every club but that most of them are in debt.

Ill state right now all SANFL clubs would have debt. As would our two afl clubs.

Having debt means jack !!!

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby maxyoz » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Agreed, all clubs would have debt.

But I reckon $600k in the red like Glenelg is not a great place to be.

How many clubs posted a profit in 2013?
Punk Rooster wrote:I can't believe that a topic that is quite clearly trolling has elicited a 3 page response....
maxyoz
Under 18s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 36 times
Grassroots Team: Kimba Districts

Postby UK Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:05 pm

maxyoz wrote:Agreed, all clubs would have debt.

But I reckon $600k in the red like Glenelg is not a great place to be.

How many clubs posted a profit in 2013?

Better than needing $3 mill annual bail outs to keep your losses under $5 mill like an afl club IMHO!!!

$600k not ideal but is not justification to sell out the league and betray your members IMHO.

How many clubs are better off in 2014 than 2013 ???
Last edited by UK Fan on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  SANFL