Round 17 Drivel

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 17 Drivel

Postby HH3 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:13 pm

RustyCage wrote:Kane Cornes reported for...something. Has to be one of the softest reports ever.

He should get a week for that....Dan Jackson I mean

I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Even a gut punch wouldn't have made him go down like he's been shot like that
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Spot on- what a ridiculous report.

2 things from the weekend.

1) Looking at this vision (not specifically this incident), what has happened to the supposed penalty for players that stage?
2) What has happened to the rule penalising players diving in for the footy and putting a players legs at risk of injury? Aaron young gave a free away yesterday despite Cotchin diving for the footy. I never condoned the free kick to begin with, but have the AFL shelved this rule?
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Cornes should get two after his piss weak diving got Goddard a game last week. Shoes on the other foot now you diver
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:03 pm

His diving can be embarrassing at times yes
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Round 17 Drivel

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:23 pm

RustyCage wrote:His diving can be embarrassing at times yes

I just find it ironic that he dived and cost Goddard a game and now Jackson dives and Cornes gets done
Both players shouldnt of been cited in the first place
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I'm still shocked Crows supporters are talking about making the 8 and the fact some people think so highly of them given their inconsistencies!

Crows will be inside the eight if they beat collingwood in the next round. Still right in the hunt given the form of the pies and golf coast.

We have collingwood away, west coast home, Brisbane away, Richmond home over the next 4 weeks. I think we will win all four, if we don't we don't deserve to play finals.

No way will port miss.

I would just rather if Crows supporters focussed on stringing a couple of wins together first instead of looking down the track into the distance and talking finals.

As for thinking so highly, comments like this i'm referring to straight after a loss:
I reckon since the Melbourne game we have stood up and become a feared opponent again.

We ain't far away from being a top contender again

Let me explain these posts as it seems to be bought in completely out of context.

The Crows are showing signs recently mainly since Walker has come back in that they structure up far better in the forward half and are able to kick bigger scores as a result.

Now we are inconsistent which if you genuinely ask me is because we are 1 senior coach down upstairs and Sando whilst isn't the best tactician in the land in my opinion is pretty good @ getting those right people around him. He has been without a senior right hand man in the box for the best part of 2 years and its a bloody difficult position to be in as a coach when the horrible circumstances this year evolved. You really can't morally go out and pick up let's say Mark Harvey in January to replace the bloke who unfortunately passed away and is critical to your in-field performance.

Now next year when you get a senior person in that rank like a Brett Ratten, Mark Harvey, Rodney Eade ect I would expect this group to be far better than the inconsistent shit they have dished up the last 18 months.

Will they go on this year? No. Will they make the finals? I hope so. Will they win a final? Probably not but if they do I expect far more next year providing they keep the core group which looks shakey atm.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:His diving can be embarrassing at times yes

I just find it ironic that he dived and cost Goddard a game and now Jackson dives and Cornes gets done
Both players shouldnt of been cited in the first place

Surely THAT is the Karma bus that people have been talking about.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL