4%
Fairfax (Age, Fin Review)
12%
Other
15%

Total votes : 26

What news sites to you go to?

Postby bennymacca » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:08 am

Just wondering what news sites everyone goes to?

I pretty much get all my news online these days. Print media is dead, and TV news isnt far behind it imo.

Firstly, a tip for getting around the newscorp paywalls is to browse adelaide now or the herald sun, then click on an article, and replace "adelaidenow" in the url with "news." It doesnt work for the australian but i dont really read that anyway.

These are sites that i go to on almost a daily (or weekly) basis.

General News
ABC Website - still the best for news, particularly because they dont have click bait crap on there. Sport coverage is lacking
The Guardian - newcomer but probably the best site for world news, and they also have a lot of long form articles. Once again sport coverage isnt great for aussie sports.
Adelaidenow - I usually browse it for SA specific stories, but it is pretty horrible in general.

Sport
espncricinfo - easily the best cricket website, covers everything to the best quality. the only reason to stray from this site is for coverage of the sheffield shield, as cricket.com.au does a better job, but for all international cricket it is the best place.

afl.com.au - rapidly becoming the best afl source of info - excellent resource for anything afl, up to date, etc etc. because it is afl owned, you wont find anything particularly scathing on there though, which is why other sources are needed.

heraldsun - still the best place for all afl coverage. i especially like robbo and the tackle every monday, but the other articles are great too.

sky sports F1 - best site for formula one coverage

if you enjoy fantasy sports, dreamteamtalk.com and footyprophet.com are the two best resources.

Technology
for those that like technology, the verge and cnet are two great sites for that kind of thing. I also browsed the whirlpool forums quite a lot for NBN discussion, which has gone quiet now.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: What news sites to you go to?

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 am

I usually check AdelaideNow in the mornings but I try not to get sucked into reading the comments if I can help it. There are some woefully ignorant people out there, as well as angry redneck xenophobes who don't want 'c***s coming into my country stealing my kids' jobs'. Haven't even got started on the Crows supporters yet...
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Pseudo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:36 pm

safooty.net
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby DoublebluTiger » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:07 pm

The Age - Rohan Connolly's articles are good to read most of the time
Adelaide Now
BBC - Like their sport section but their news is good too.
NPR - National Public Radio - USA - Probably leftist in it's political leanings but still informative on many social issues.
Success is in trying
DoublebluTiger
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 50 times

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:18 pm

gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion