Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Talk on the national game

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:18 pm

Groover wrote:With mitch clark retiring, melbourne could do worse than talk to jeremy cameron, maybe offer up a pick and toumpas.

they certainly have the cash. though if i was cameron, im sure i could take my pick of about 5 melbourne clubs, and melbourne would probably be a fair way down the list.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Groover » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Well we missed the judd, cousins and fevola boats. So knowing our recruitment managers we will probably miss cameron too.
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:21 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Groover wrote:With mitch clark retiring, melbourne could do worse than talk to jeremy cameron, maybe offer up a pick and toumpas.

they certainly have the cash. though if i was cameron, im sure i could take my pick of about 5 melbourne clubs, and melbourne would probably be a fair way down the list.

But its not up to him, he is still contracted next year. GWS hold all the aces, he will end up where they get the best deal
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Groover » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Could he walk out on the club into the PSD? And name his price?
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Groover wrote:Could he walk out on the club into the PSD? And name his price?

Not sure but doubt it.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm

because he is still contracted, they cant trade him if he doesnt want to be traded. so yes, he does indeed still have the power.

it is silly in a way that a player cant be traded against their will but its true
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

O'keefe has been informed he won't be required after this season and has expressed interest in going on next year...

As disapointed as i will be seeing him play for someone else, can't knock the bloke for having a crack...

Does anyone think he will get picked up??? And if so by whom? Age may be a problem, but i personally reckon he'd be a good fit some where..,. He won a norm smith 18 months ago...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:10 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:O'keefe has been informed he won't be required after this season and has expressed interest in going on next year...

As disapointed as i will be seeing him play for someone else, can't knock the bloke for having a crack...

Does anyone think he will get picked up??? And if so by whom? Age may be a problem, but i personally reckon he'd be a good fit some where..,. He won a norm smith 18 months ago...

has he missed games in the 2s due to injury? if his body is sound, im sure a club could see some value in him.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:12 pm

Interesting one, but clearly Sydney have to move some players on and if you're over 28/29 you're in the (hired) gun.

Will he get snapped up? I'd think so, someone needing a small forward would take him. I don't think Port do with Wingard, Gray, Monfries etc but there would be, I expect, a couple of suitors. Fremantle?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:15 pm

Booney wrote:Interesting one, but clearly Sydney have to move some players on and if you're over 28/29 you're in the (hired) gun.

Will he get snapped up? I'd think so, someone needing a small forward would take him. I don't think Port do with Wingard, Gray, Monfries etc but there would be, I expect, a couple of suitors. Fremantle?

i read today he could be on the move...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Booney wrote:Interesting one, but clearly Sydney have to move some players on and if you're over 28/29 you're in the (hired) gun.

I think he either goes to a premiership contender or a side rebuilding and he provides a leadership role on and off the field. Melbourne and GWS could be an ideal fit.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Fricky » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:39 pm

Footy Smart wrote:

I think he either goes to a premiership contender or a side rebuilding and he provides a leadership role on and off the field. Melbourne and GWS could be an ideal fit.

Cant see a top 4, or even top 8 club, picking up a 33/34 yr old.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Booney » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:58 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

The 'Tiser had nothing to write about? Murray Bridge boy contracted until the end of 2016. I'm not going to lose any sleep. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10777 times

Postby stan » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

The 'Tiser had nothing to write about? Murray Bridge boy contracted until the end of 2016. I'm not going to lose any sleep. ;)

Going to Sydney. :roll:
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:15 pm

Interesting one. Could be similar to chappy, but I guess he is a more natural forward. Having said that ROK did start out life as a forward
bennymacca
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL