Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Talk on the national game

Postby helicopterking » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:46 pm

It's coming up to the time of the year where if your not playing finals, you start looking at your teams list and wonder where you can make improvements.
Who do you trade, who do you delist, and what does your team need to enhance their performance?
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:20 pm

the crows need some outside runners. brodie smith and mckay have been great this year but we need more. port did exactly that and it turned their club around, getting polec and white. I think the crows should be looking for someone like that.

I think another key defender would be good too, as im not 100% convinced hartigan and thompson can handle it just yet, and i dont like otten or henderson having to play the third tall defender.

I think our forward line is looking really good, another ruckman to help out sauce would be useful too as i dont think mckernan, graham and osborn are up to afl standard yet. obviously osborn is just rookie listed and will take time to develop.

in general i think the bottom 10 players on the crows list are pretty bad and we really need some exciting young talent coming through.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:55 am

bennymacca wrote:the crows need some outside runners. mckay have been great this year

I dont watch many Adelaide games but is this guy actually very good? A lot of Loops fans rave about him but he has been a whole lot of average in the games I have seen. Runs a lot but so do the boundary umpires....
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:57 am

MatteeG wrote:
bennymacca wrote:the crows need some outside runners. mckay have been great this year

I dont watch many Adelaide games but is this guy actually very good? A lot of Loops fans rave about him but he has been a whole lot of average in the games I have seen. Runs a lot but so do the boundary umpires....

Up and down. Probably only averages 18 touches and needs to push that up to 20+ and hit the scoreboard more often to be really damaging but he has been far from our worst player this year.

Was having close to his best year before he had a bad concussion and missed a couple of weeks.

Wouldn't say he is one to be raved about but he is a good contributor when in form.

Smith is the one that is in really good form and will probably win our B&F and get close to AA
bennymacca
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:39 am

Had a look at WC list, we need quick Midfielders, who are good by foot.
I would love for West Coast to go after Coniglio. Perth Lad, good speed and skill. GWS will want something really good, don't think we have a lot to give, and not sure if draft picks are any value to GWS.
Basically our trade bail would be Gaff and Lycett, but I'm WC don't really want either to go.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby saintal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:42 am

Where do I start?!

In the ideal world a CHB, a key forward and a crumber would be nice. Behind Reiwoldt, Stanley is our next highest goal kicker with 13. Schneider is nearly finished and is forever injured, Lee hasn't shown much, Milera and Maister will likely get the chop. Siposs cant get out of the VFL.

Simpkin has the size to be a key back and had a reasonable rookie year, but has shown little the past 2 years.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:00 pm

helicopterking wrote:Had a look at WC list, we need quick Midfielders, who are good by foot.
I would love for West Coast to go after Coniglio. Perth Lad, good speed and skill. GWS will want something really good, don't think we have a lot to give, and not sure if draft picks are any value to GWS.
Basically our trade bail would be Gaff and Lycett, but I'm WC don't really want either to go.

Coasters have a very similar list profile to the crows. Good young defence and attack, good ruck, bit of a plodding midfield. Crows mids are slightly better than WC hence slightly higher ladder position but otherwise quite similar.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:03 pm

helicopterking wrote:Basically our trade bail would be Gaff and Lycett, but I'm WC don't really want either to go.

I think lycett will be chased pretty hard by both the Adelaide clubs but particularly port. You will get a great deal for him imo.

Gaff is interesting, looks like the sort of guy that will rip a game apart one day but just never does. A change of club could do wonders for him
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:05 pm

saintal wrote:Where do I start?!

In the ideal world a CHB, a key forward and a crumber would be nice. Behind Reiwoldt, Stanley is our next highest goal kicker with 13. Schneider is nearly finished and is forever injured, Lee hasn't shown much, Milera and Maister will likely get the chop. Siposs cant get out of the VFL.

Simpkin has the size to be a key back and had a reasonable rookie year, but has shown little the past 2 years.

Sainters are in big trouble, particularly with big men. Having said that if their effort is anywhere near where it was on the weekend it will improve quicker than we think. Their mids look good but will take a few years to develop. This group looks a bit like the bulldogs two years ago and so will take 4/5 years before they will compete again
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:43 pm

saintal wrote:Where do I start?!

I think you should just start again.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:47 pm

bennymacca wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Basically our trade bail would be Gaff and Lycett, but I'm WC don't really want either to go.

I think lycett will be chased pretty hard by both the Adelaide clubs but particularly port. You will get a great deal for him imo.

Gaff is interesting, looks like the sort of guy that will rip a game apart one day but just never does. A change of club could do wonders for him

With Dean Cox announcing his retirement at seasons end, Lycett and Sinclair will almost certainly remain eagles in 2015.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby David Brent » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:

I reckon both Port & Crows might go after Giles from GWS & Dan Currie from NM to try & get some back up ruck options onto their lists.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:52 pm

David Brent wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

I reckon both Port & Crows might go after Giles from GWS & Dan Currie from NM to try & get some back up ruck options onto their lists.

The cows can offer A.Graham or S.McKernan as compensation.... :lol:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby stan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 pm

heater31 wrote:
David Brent wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

The cows can offer A.Graham or S.McKernan as compensation.... :lol:

As well as some magic beans...
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 pm

I can see Luke Lowden from the hawks getting a couple of offers over the off-season. Is 3-4 in line at moment despite playing some excellent footy in the VFL.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:50 pm

The problem is that clubs are terrified of taking risks.

How often do you see a club trade a top-class established player for two first round picks to build for the future?
Something that really gets the footy world talking.

To get something good, you've got to be prepared to give something good.

You can't give up fool's gold and expect to come away with diamonds.
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Grahaml » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:23 am

westozfalcon wrote:The problem is that clubs are terrified of taking risks.

How often do you see a club trade a top-class established player for two first round picks to build for the future?

This is one area I expect recruiters to really improve over the next 10-15 years. For a long time it's been the loyalty factor but as everyone comes to grips with the reality of the modern game we'll see some established popular names traded amicably in the name of improving the situation for all involved. What good did it do Richmond having Richardson in his last 5 years? Yet they could have sent him to a side crying out for a key forward and gained some youth that would hold them in good stead now. Win/Win/Win. You only have to look at the Jarman/Salmon/Wellman trade to see it's happened before.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:42 am

westozfalcon wrote:The problem is that clubs are terrified of taking risks.

mcevoy for savage and pick 18 (dunstan) comes close i guess.

And they usually take the risks when they sniff a premiership. Ala Vossy when he got fevola because he thought the premiership window was open
bennymacca
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:56 am

reports coming out that carlton are eyeing of swans gun tom mitchell... Who the hell are they going to offer??? :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby bennymacca » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

First rounder
bennymacca
Coach