All discussions to do with the SANFL

R15 North v Norwood @ Prospect Saturday

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:03 pm

North Adelaide v Norwood
Sunday 1:10pm - Prospect Oval
TV: Seven

North

Norwood

Norwood coach Ben Warren has added three players to his extended interchange bench to face North Adelaide at Prospect on Sunday.
Midfield trio Mitchell Wicks, Kane Murphy and Tulio DeMatteis – who collected 69 disposals between them in their last reserves outing – have had their strong form rewarded with selection.
Goalsneak Peter Persinos has been sent back to the reserves.
Small forward Simon Phillips will spend another week on the sidelines with a shoulder injury.

League
F: Bartlett, Newton, Dawe
HF: Smart, Davis, Donohue
C: Roocke, Panos, Jefferies
HB: Baldasso, A. Forster, Kirwan
B: Bode, McGuinness, Chippendale

R: Baulderstone, Webber, Allan
INT: Murphy, Reinbrecht, Wilson, DeMatteis, Wicks
IN: Wicks, Murphy, DeMatteis
OUT: Persinos

Reserves
Ortlepp, Peter, O’Connor, Bower, Hallandal, M. Evans, Leiman, Ialeggio, Clayton, McKay, Nunn, Luccon, Persinos, Hausler, Rander, Clarke, Levicki, T. Forster, Sinnott, Hughes, Helyar.

Under-18
Astbury, Auciello, Bollmeyer, Buttery, Carter, Cluse, Cross, Denmead, Edwards, Geisler, Georg-Dent, Gray, Kumnick, Llewellyn, Lodovici, Martin, Maxwell, Nunn, Persinos, Pitman, Pitson, Schinella, Seymour, Stephenson, Stewart, Tiggemann.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3500 times

Re: R15 North v Norwood @ Prospect Saturday

Postby ChickCock » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:40 pm

:? Wonder which Cock's will turn up this week, I hope its the go in hard ones, really need this one and also on t.v. and people watching ! :roll:
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

R15 North v Norwood @ Prospect Saturday

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Great 4 quarter effort today.
Best for me was Smart, K-Mac and Panos. Ed did a heap of in and under work and was fantastic today. Bauldy great in ruck once again. Pity about Jimmy's injury, hope he gets back before finals. Norths discipline was terrible and cost them numerous goals. Great to see sooky Schultz to bugger all. Hopefully in the top 3 tonight and finals are almost guaranteed
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Gozu » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:05 pm

A good dubya.

Pretty ordinary tackle on Jimmy Allan deserves at least a couple of weeks.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Gozu wrote:A good dubya.

Pretty ordinary tackle on Jimmy Allan deserves at least a couple of weeks.

I was too far away to see it properly, will watch replay when I get home but several people I spoke too reckon it was a very ordinary tackle aswell
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Another ill disciplined. Insipid performance that suggests the coach hasn't got the dressing room behind him, if he ever did.
Going backwards.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby SDK » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:19 pm

A team of professionals dedicated to winning for their club vs a team of individuals who did what was not in the best interest of their team and club.
Don't blame Ken Mc that culture has been with North a long time and thrived with Jarman.
Nunan and Patterson were the only coaches who could control that culture ..... and look at the results they achieved !!!!!!
SDK
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:19 pm

SDK wrote:Don't blame Ken Mc that culture has been with North a long time and thrived with Jarman.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby on the rails » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:37 pm

No Francou was making headway but I would take Jars back if it meant McGregor left. The off field shite at North within the playing group is poor and to think the CEO managed to hoodwink the dumb coach into allowing the past 2 past Captains of the club pre 2013 to be playing elsewhere and both despite being interstaters bleed red and white. The fact that happened is a disgrace!
Piss weak SANFL and the CLOWNS who run it.
on the rails
League - Top 5

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 pm

Didn't see any of today's match but North have always been an enigma.

They certainly have the talent to be a consistent top 3 side and anything less would be a disappointment.

Not privy to internal issues at the club bit I must admit I was surprised they went for McGregor.

I'd imagine they'd be a side that most coaches would be eager to take over but it would not be without it's challenges.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:38 pm

SDK wrote:A team of professionals dedicated to winning for their club vs a team of individuals who did what was not in the best interest of their team and club.
Don't blame Ken Mc that culture has been with North a long time and thrived with Jarman.
Nunan and Patterson were the only coaches who could control that culture ..... and look at the results they achieved !!!!!!

Francou was changing that culture, we've gone a long way backwards this year
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42 pm

dedja wrote:
Not privy to internal issues at the club bit I must admit I was surprised they went for McGregor.

Apparently McGregor was willing to be a part time coach and the club wanted to save $$$, pretty ordinary from the club with allegedly the best and most successful business model in the SANFL, it's a pity they would put the same effort into winning a flag.
North need a whole new direction at the top, wining a flag has to be number one priority, I'd rather be broke and have a full trophy cabinet
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby dedja » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:47 pm

and I'd rather not be bottom and nearly broke :oops:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Disappointing for North and the SANFL as a whole they can't crack 2K in terms of members this year, what were they last year?

Watching the replay tonight and looks like Norwood were just too clean when it mattered in the second quarter.

That Dalwood, who cracked the sooks when Bassett pointed out some home truths and whose father has a lot to answer for in the whole AFL reserves debacle at Norwood, had a stinker is just a bonus.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby wildcat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 am

Great team effort today!
wildcat
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby robranisgod » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:12 am

topsywaldron wrote:Disappointing for North and the SANFL as a whole they can't crack 2K in terms of members this year, what were they last year?

Watching the replay tonight and looks like Norwood were just too clean when it mattered in the second quarter.

That Dalwood, who cracked the sooks when Bassett pointed out some home truths and whose father has a lot to answer for in the whole AFL reserves debacle at Norwood, had a stinker is just a bonus.

according to the website North have over 2000 members but given the lies the hierarchy tell, who knows. Last year they had about 2500.

I think Dalwood has been bad all year, I would prefer Hill and I don't rate him either. Incredibly Dalwood was given an honorable mention at awards tonight suggesting that McGregor rated him fourth best. It doesn't say much given that the awards went to C Craig, who I think should be in the reserves, Reid who also is a reserves player, but was best of a bad lot yesterday and Ryswyk who currently is the only player for North playing to league standard.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby JK » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 am

There was no issue with Dalwood leaving, he just wasn't going to get an opportunity with so many other players Bassett preferred at the time. He was told that and found a new home at Prospect. Good form by the NFC, and good to see Dalwood get an opportunity elsewhere.

Missed yesterdays game so just watching the replay now .. North have a size advantage and were understandably trying to exploit that, just not sure if they went about it the right way. As for Andersons tackle on Allan it was dangerous and he'll get games, especially as it's ended Allan's season, but a lot of sling tackles (imho) aren't intentional. All players are instructed to drive their opponent into the turf when tackling, and when the tackler isn't watching his opponent he can't always know how he's going to land.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4460 times
Been liked: 2988 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:31 am

topsywaldron wrote:Disappointing for North and the SANFL as a whole they can't crack 2K in terms of members this year, what were they last year?

Dalwood left because he was told he wouldn't be given any more A Grade games; not because it cracked the sooks, and FFS Topsy, get over the SANAFL thing, it doesn't need to be in every frickin comment. It has nothing to do with Dalwood leaving.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 719 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby topsywaldron » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:04 am

Jimmy_041 wrote: FFS Topsy, get over the SANAFL thing, it doesn't need to be in every frickin comment. It has nothing to do with Dalwood leaving.

Someone better point out the ignore button to you as I'm going to keep bringing up the wilful destruction of our league and club at every opportunity I can.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby tnt » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:13 am

Jimmy Allan in for Wrist surgery. Probably season ending
tnt
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times