Port Rezoning

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Port Rezoning

Postby Aerie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:14 pm

I think Port Adelaide should work closely with the Amateur clubs around their traditional heartland. Rosewater, North Haven, Port District and Portland could all offer the required top up players and still play for their Amateur clubs when not needed. Port could invest one Rookie spot per year (or 2 years) to the standout player from those clubs as incentive.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 504 times

Postby stan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Aerie wrote:I think Port Adelaide should work closely with the Amateur clubs around their traditional heartland. Rosewater, North Haven, Port District and Portland could all offer the required top up players and still play for their Amateur clubs when not needed. Port could invest one Rookie spot per year (or 2 years) to the standout player from those clubs as incentive.

North Haven and Rosewater are Div 5 and 6 clubs at the moment. Portland and Port Districts would be the 2 you would look at.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby DOC » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Are they not in Woodviles area?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2086 times

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:50 pm

Families have been doctoring paperwork for years to get kids to the club they want. I played all my juniors with two guys, both good footballers, diehard Port supporters, lived just inside Central's zone. Both put grandma's address on their rego forms, all of a sudden they were Port players at Under 13 level and bothw ent on to play league footy at the Magpies.

If I was a parent of a child attending Burton/Settlers Farm/Salisbury Downs,I'd be doing the same to make sure my kid went to Centrals instead of driving all the way to Woodville.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby topsywaldron » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:52 pm

stan wrote:
Aerie wrote:I think Port Adelaide should work closely with the Amateur clubs around their traditional heartland. Rosewater, North Haven, Port District and Portland could all offer the required top up players and still play for their Amateur clubs when not needed. Port could invest one Rookie spot per year (or 2 years) to the standout player from those clubs as incentive.

North Haven and Rosewater are Div 5 and 6 clubs at the moment. Portland and Port Districts would be the 2 you would look at.

Finally a home for Butch.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:55 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
stan wrote:

Finally a home for Butch.

Jealous you never got to play at that level? :D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Pag wrote:Families have been doctoring paperwork for years to get kids to the club they want. I played all my juniors with two guys, both good footballers, diehard Port supporters, lived just inside Central's zone. Both put grandma's address on their rego forms, all of a sudden they were Port players at Under 13 level and bothw ent on to play league footy at the Magpies.

If I was a parent of a child attending Burton/Settlers Farm/Salisbury Downs,I'd be doing the same to make sure my kid went to Centrals instead of driving all the way to Woodville.

Haha that's funny. A friend of mine living at Salisbury (in Port's zone) registered his son at his Grandma's place in Elizabeth so he could play for the Dogs. Passion for the club will always circumvent zones and other dubious rules. :D
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Dog_ger » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Booney wrote:I don't think you're giving Benny enough credit.

Anyone who follows football understands the theory of heartland and zones. That's my point.

All good.

Its all for the AFLSA.

Shoot me down... ;)
Smile :)

It's only Money $$$ :)

What is happening to our SANFL guys...
Dog_ger
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Dog Day Afternoon wrote:
Pag wrote:Families have been doctoring paperwork for years to get kids to the club they want. I played all my juniors with two guys, both good footballers, diehard Port supporters, lived just inside Central's zone. Both put grandma's address on their rego forms, all of a sudden they were Port players at Under 13 level and bothw ent on to play league footy at the Magpies.

Haha that's funny. A friend of mine living at Salisbury (in Port's zone) registered his son at his Grandma's place in Elizabeth so he could play for the Dogs. Passion for the club will always circumvent zones and other dubious rules. :D

Exactly right.

FWIW, Salisbury will always be Central territory.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Reddeer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:47 pm

For the life of me I cannot come to terms with such a ludicrous to take away the Eagles heartland of Henley and Grange and give it Salisbury, Pooraka and Burton. This is idiotic. can someone inform me of what dimwits in the SANFL could possible make a decision such as that. Apparently there was a retired judge on the panel, must have retired due to dementia
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby StrayDog » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:25 am

Reddeer wrote:For the life of me I cannot come to terms with such a ludicrous to take away the Eagles heartland of Henley and Grange and give it Salisbury, Pooraka and Burton. This is idiotic. can someone inform me of what dimwits in the SANFL could possible make a decision such as that. Apparently there was a retired judge on the panel, must have retired due to dementia

Basically the same mob that have overseen everything else that has happened over recent times. Nothing should surprise anyone anymore.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:52 am

Reddeer wrote:For the life of me I cannot come to terms with such a ludicrous to take away the Eagles heartland of Henley and Grange and give it Salisbury, Pooraka and Burton. This is idiotic. can someone inform me of what dimwits in the SANFL could possible make a decision such as that. Apparently there was a retired judge on the panel, must have retired due to dementia

All eight clubs had an opportunity to comment on the draft zones three months ago, I am aware of some changes made to the proposed zones so basically what you've got now is what the clubs agreed to.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby areaman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:27 am

am Bays wrote:

All eight clubs had an opportunity to comment on the draft zones three months ago, I am aware of some changes made to the proposed zones so basically what you've got now is what the clubs agreed to.

I'm not sure they were all "agreed to".

Each club made submissions but end of the day the SANFL body made the final determinations.

I am unable to comment on the quality of the submission put by the Eagles.

One of the guiding principles was for each club to retain as much of it's heartland as possible. For many Eagles fans we appear to have lost our heartland.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Port Rezoning

Postby bennymacca » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:36 am

Do eagles fans feel excited about having ports zone? Will it mean a stronger eagles? People might be able to correct me, but although you have lost some of the heartland it seems you have gained maybe slightly more than others?

Not saying you guys should suck it up or whatever, just wondering the thoughts on the gained territory rather than the lost.

From a centrals perspective the zone we have gained seems thoroughly boring and logical in comparison
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby areaman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:48 am

bennymacca wrote:Do eagles fans feel excited about having ports zone? Will it mean a stronger eagles? People might be able to correct me, but although you have lost some of the heartland it seems you have gained maybe slightly more than others?

Not saying you guys should suck it up or whatever, just wondering the thoughts on the gained territory rather than the lost.

From a centrals perspective the zone we have gained seems thoroughly boring and logical in comparison

Thrilled about it. The opportunity to convert long time Magpie fans to the Eagles cause is too good to pass up.

I'm sure from a population and demographic perspective it's all very equitable and all that stuff.

It may take me a few minutes to feel an identity attachment to the Le Fevre peninsula whilst letting go of where I grew up in to the Glenelg area.
areaman
Under 16s

Postby Booney » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 am

areaman wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Do eagles fans feel excited about having ports zone? Will it mean a stronger eagles? People might be able to correct me, but although you have lost some of the heartland it seems you have gained maybe slightly more than others?

Thrilled about it. The opportunity to convert long time Magpie fans to the Eagles cause is too good to pass up.

I'm sure from a population and demographic perspective it's all very equitable and all that stuff.

It may take me a few minutes to feel an identity attachment to the Le Fevre peninsula whilst letting go of where I grew up in to the Glenelg area.

It might be quite difficult for me to change teams mate, but I'll think about it. I won't just go making a split second decision to go and support another team though, it will take time.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7493 times
Been liked: 10776 times

Postby topsywaldron » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Would have thought it was an easy decision to make since you no longer have an SANFL team to support?
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:23 pm

Booney wrote:
areaman wrote:

It might be quite difficult for me to change teams mate, but I'll think about it. I won't just go making a split second decision to go and support another team though, it will take time.

Rosewater! Even if it is in Eagles territory.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby areaman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:49 pm

Booney wrote:It might be quite difficult for me to change teams mate, but I'll think about it. I won't just go making a split second decision to go and support another team though, it will take time.

Booney, I was surprised your profile hasn't already changed to show the Eagles as your SANFL team.

Kurt Slaven will be around shortly to give you your membership pack.

Here is the link to the team song if you want to practice it......

http://www.wwtfc.com.au/?page_id=328
areaman
Under 16s

Postby stan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:52 pm

topsywaldron wrote:Would have thought it was an easy decision to make since you no longer have an SANFL team to support?

So many pros and cons to go through for each team. We may need a royal commission to help Boon.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL