Financial Status Of SANFL Clubs 2014.

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Financial Status Of SANFL Clubs 2014.

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 am

dedja wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
dedja wrote:Yes, reasonable points on the face of it but you'll find that there has been a turnaround.

The Annual Report will reveal all.

The Annual Report will reveal exactly what the current SANFL regime wants the clubs to reveal, a better than expected financial result.

A recent SANFL CEO agreed with me that West Lakes would be putting a lot of pressure on the eight clubs to show 'an OK result' and there'd be the normal moving of money within the various entities that comprise an SANFL club to ensure this on paper anyway.

The interesting thing is the legal position of the supposed independent auditors that sign off on such doctored books. Lets just hope there are plenty of aggrieved folk out there with current memberships to receive the figures, an accounting degree and sh*t on liver about the rancid behaviour of their clubs.

(Dogs and Panthers excepted of course)

Talking crap much?

Nope.

You saying Glenelg's reported financials over the last five years haven't stretched the bounds of credulity at any point?

You wait until this year's then!
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:38 pm

I know the true position of the financials at the club so I know you have no idea what you're talking about.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:50 pm

dedja wrote:I know the true position of the financials at the club so I know you have no idea what you're talking about.

So how would you rate their position? Strong? Improving? or still struggling? I am asking a serious question.
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Improving, but paying off debt is still an issue.

This year has arrested the slide, but not out of the woods yet.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby Dog Day Afternoon » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:47 pm

dedja wrote:Improving, but paying off debt is still an issue.

This year has arrested the slide, but not out of the woods yet.

Thanks for that. I know that my club is concerned about the current situation - certainly 2014 will not be a good year.

I wonder if Sturt has improved their financial position with their improved on-field performance. I am hearing negative stuff about West.

Thats 3 of the 8 clubs that are not out of the woods yet - there may be more.
Dog Day Afternoon

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:50 pm

dedja wrote:I know the true position of the financials at the club so I know you have no idea what you're talking about.

OK, congratulations on your awesome financial results, Glenelg continue to set the benchmark for all other clubs to aspire to.

I will also make sure I disregard the considered opinion of someone who oversaw communication with the SANFL about financial reporting and the production of those accounts for nearly a decade, he obviously knows zero about how these things work .

Well done again.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

topsywaldron wrote:

OK, congratulations on your awesome financial results, Glenelg continue to set the benchmark for all other clubs to aspire to.

I will also make sure I disregard the considered opinion of someone who oversaw communication with the SANFL about financial reporting and the production of those accounts for nearly a decade, he obviously knows zero about how these things work .

Well done again.

Oversaw - past tense.

Financial status of SANFL Clubs 2014 - I'll back dedja to know more about the Bays books than you, or your mate who used to......
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks for your input, isn't there an AFL thread or Reader's Wives Forum you should be posting on?

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:59 pm

I'll get there, in due course. It's always a pleasure to follow your comments though, they've the ability to brighten the dreariest of days. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:00 pm

Booney wrote:I'll get there, in due course. It's always a pleasure to follow your comments though, they've the ability to brighten the dreariest of days. :lol:

My impish sense of humour and cheery disposition have won a lot of fans in the last year Booney.

But f me, being lectured on anything to do with Australian Rules football by a Glenelg fan is beyond the pale.
Last edited by topsywaldron on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:03 pm

Every balance sheet tells a story, so long as you know how to read one.

I'm trying not to get personal, but your comments are extremely naive if you don't understand how financials are reported and audited.

Once the annual reports are out we can scrutinise the hell out of them.

There endeth the lecture. :lol:
dedja
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:09 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:I'll get there, in due course. It's always a pleasure to follow your comments though, they've the ability to brighten the dreariest of days. :lol:

My impish sense of humour and cheery disposition have won a lot of fans in the last year Booney.

But f me, being lectured on anything to do with Australian Rules football by a Glenelg fan is beyond the pale.

A hot shower won't be enough to get rid of this feeling....I agree with you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:10 pm

dedja wrote:I'm trying not to get personal, but your comments are extremely naive if you don't understand how financials are reported and audited.

Exactly, and you're blindly ignoring the facts that these figures have been distorted by the SANFL clubs to suit their agendas over the last decade.

I'm not expecting this years distortions to be any different, in fact possibly even worse given the imperatives for the comp to be seen to be successful to justify the seismic changes.

I'm not hoping for any SANFL club to be in financial strife, except for Port and the Crows, so if Glenelg have turned it around thanks, yet again, to the largesse of the Holdfast Council again well done.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

:lol:

Piss off before I whack you with my spoon*
dedja
Coach

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Booney wrote:A hot shower won't be enough to get rid of this feeling....I agree with you.

Suggesting a cold shower might be higher on your needs list. :D

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:13 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
dedja wrote:I'm trying not to get personal, but your comments are extremely naive if you don't understand how financials are reported and audited.

Exactly, and you're blindly ignoring the facts that these figures have been distorted by the SANFL clubs to suit their agendas over the last decade.

I'm not expecting this years distortions to be any different, in fact possibly even worse given the imperatives for the comp to be seen to be successful to justify the seismic changes.

I'm not hoping for any SANFL club to be in financial strife, except for Port and the Crows, so if Glenelg have turned it around thanks, yet again, to the largesse of the Holdfast Council again well done.

FFS, Glenelg's annual report laid it all out to bare last year as it should have. If you know how to read it you could easily see whether the issues were. There was no hiding and no financial auditor would sign off on so called 'cooked books'.

You clearly don't understand financials.
dedja
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:31 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
Booney wrote:A hot shower won't be enough to get rid of this feeling....I agree with you.

Suggesting a cold shower might be higher on your needs list. :D

Any shower is a good shower for a Port supporter.
:)
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:54 pm

dedja wrote:FFS, Glenelg's annual report laid it all out to bare last year as it should have. If you know how to read it you could easily see whether the issues were. There was no hiding and no financial auditor would sign off on so called 'cooked books'.

So you don't believe SANFL clubs move money around their various entities at various times of the year to suit their reporting periods or aims of showing improved financial performance etc etc? It happens all the time and for you not to believe it shows how naive you are about the real world.

Plus I know, for an indisputable fact, it does happen at this level.

topsywaldron
Veteran

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Yes, your proof is indisputable ... :roll:
dedja
Coach

Postby am Bays » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:07 pm

topsywaldron wrote:
dedja wrote:FFS, Glenelg's annual report laid it all out to bare last year as it should have. If you know how to read it you could easily see whether the issues were. There was no hiding and no financial auditor would sign off on so called 'cooked books'.

So you don't believe SANFL clubs move money around their various entities at various times of the year to suit their reporting periods or aims of showing improved financial performance etc etc? It happens all the time and for you not to believe it shows how naive you are about the real world.

Plus I know, for an indisputable fact, it does happen at this level.

Naturally you've forwarded these facts on to ASIC given the level of impropriety...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL