Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL finals

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL finals

Postby Jim05 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Rising Power wrote:Here's an idea. Howabout the opposition coach selects Port's team for them? Better take that one to the next SANFL committee meeting.

Nah, just kicking you out of the comp would be far easier.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Magpies - Rules for Selection Eligibility in SANFL final

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:17 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:How about they just **** off

Do you think there is any likely hood of this happening?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7487 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:35 am

Considering I never thought the PAFC would go back on the promise to Magpie members in the One Club proposal that the Magpies wouldn't become a franchise reserves team, I'll keep in mind that you shouldn't rule anything out.
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
Keith Thomas ABC 891 Radio, 21/6/14.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby Rising Power » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:36 am

Jim05 wrote:
Rising Power wrote:Here's an idea. Howabout the opposition coach selects Port's team for them? Better take that one to the next SANFL committee meeting.

Nah, just kicking you out of the comp would be far easier.

Go on, I dare ya ;)
Rising Power
Under 16s

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Rising Power » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 am

CUTTERMAN wrote:Considering I never thought the PAFC would go back on the promise to Magpie members in the One Club proposal that the Magpies wouldn't become a franchise reserves team, I'll keep in mind that you shouldn't rule anything out.

LOL what promise? I've been a member for 20 years and there was no 'promise'. They openly said using the Magpies as reserves was not part of the merger proposal, ie. that it would not instantly happen with the amalgamation of the administrative operations of the two clubs. The dirty work for getting the reserves up was left to the crows. Wow, deja vu...
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:00 am

Rising Power wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:Considering I never thought the PAFC would go back on the promise to Magpie members in the One Club proposal that the Magpies wouldn't become a franchise reserves team, I'll keep in mind that you shouldn't rule anything out.

LOL what promise? I've been a member for 20 years and there was no 'promise'. They openly said using the Magpies as reserves was not part of the merger proposal, ie. that it would not instantly happen with the amalgamation of the administrative operations of the two clubs. The dirty work for getting the reserves up was left to the crows. Wow, deja vu...

http://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/201 ... s-answered
Polish it whichever way you want, they went back on the terms of the merger. $teve $ummerton even thought so.
As long as they got the Prince of Wales
'PAFC don't want any advantages in the SANFL. It would only take away from any achievements we earned.'
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:04 am

Right, so you intend to ( potentially ) maintain the rage until you start pushing daisies up?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:11 am

We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the information requested but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would be classified, and could not be disclosed.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Rising Power » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 am

Merger? What merger? I've always thought it was the one and the same club.
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby RustyCage » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:44 am

The one club proposal was that that particular merger wouldn't make the Magpies a reserves team. It didn't. End of story
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:45 am

Rising Power wrote:Merger? What merger? I've always thought it was the one and the same club.

End of 2010 there was a merger between the Power and Magpies off field administration
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Rising Power wrote:

how many straws can you grasp at :D
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Rising Power » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:15 pm

RustyCage wrote:
Rising Power wrote:Merger? What merger? I've always thought it was the one and the same club.

End of 2010 there was a merger between the Power and Magpies off field administration

I know ;) I voted 'for' with the hope that the SANFL team becomes a reserves side :P
Rising Power
Under 16s

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:33 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the information requested but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would be classified, and could not be disclosed.

Long winded way of saying you've got no idea.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Booney wrote:
CUTTERMAN wrote:We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the information requested but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would be classified, and could not be disclosed.

Well Boobey, that was in reply to your previous post towards me. So try keep it in context if you think you can. I just have to reference the One Club proposal to be assured of my stance on things concerning this act of prostitution.
Anyway, keep the excuses coming, it's entertaining.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:33 pm

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Booney wrote:

Well Boobey, that was in reply to your previous post towards me. So try keep it in context if you think you can. I just have to reference the One Club proposal to be assured of my stance on things concerning this act of prostitution.
Anyway, keep the excuses coming, it's entertaining.

Excuses? :?

I'm just trying to establish how long you'll remain so bitter about the situation, if, as I suspect, the two AFL clubs based in Adelaide maintain their SANFL presence for some time, potentially beyond the time we spend on this mortal coil.
I hope you have a nice weekend and your team stays alive. :-BD
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby CUTTERMAN » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Bitter is your word not mine.
I'll just call bullshit where I see it.
CUTTERMAN
League - Top 5

Postby DOC » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:34 pm

RustyCage wrote:

The one club proposal was that that particular merger wouldn't make the Magpies a reserves team. It didn't. End of story

Rusty. Call them what you like. When the team is made up from the players not chosen at the higher or highest level, they are the reserves, b grade, magoos , frost kickers or whatever you like. South could call their second side the Ramblers, but the Ramblers remain the reserves etc.

The Magpies are the left overs from the Power and are supplemented by additional players, depending on how many are required.

The Crows have an identical scenario in essence.

Neither Port or the Crows have any place in our league.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:39 pm

It is a boring argument though. The backstabbers continue their constant whining and whinging about everything. Why haven't they whinged about not paying the 400 k to enter the SANFL ?
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Rising Power » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:12 pm

DOC wrote:
RustyCage wrote:

Rusty. Call them what you like. When the team is made up from the players not chosen at the higher or highest level, they are the reserves, b grade, magoos , frost kickers or whatever you like. South could call their second side the Ramblers, but the Ramblers remain the reserves etc.

The Magpies are the left overs from the Power and are supplemented by additional players, depending on how many are required.

The Crows have an identical scenario in essence.

Neither Port or the Crows have any place in our league.

Actually I think you'll find that the Port Adelaide SANFL team is the reserves team for the Port Adelaide AFL squad. Just wanted to clear that up. Thanks.
Rising Power
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL