Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby Ramrod » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Sorry Ramrod just noticed your earlier post where you mention Wistow batted negatively.

Fair call but I guess batting time a bit rather than attacking comes about with a longer tail as well.

Also agree facilities at Wistow are poor... I get that part of it as well.

Yeah it's a tough decision as to whether you bat time or try to be positive. i Believe they got into such a mindset that they didnt even hit the bad balls when they were bowled. Just to let you know Corona man, I'm not from Nairne, Just a neutral supporter. I Agree though i think Nairne are still the team to beat.

Are you sure Ramrod?

Way off the mark, Corona Man.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Corona Man wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Sorry Ramrod just noticed your earlier post where you mention Wistow batted negatively.

Fair call but I guess batting time a bit rather than attacking comes about with a longer tail as well.

Also agree facilities at Wistow are poor... I get that part of it as well.

Yeah it's a tough decision as to whether you bat time or try to be positive. i Believe they got into such a mindset that they didnt even hit the bad balls when they were bowled. Just to let you know Corona man, I'm not from Nairne, Just a neutral supporter. I Agree though i think Nairne are still the team to beat.

Are you sure Ramrod?

Way off the mark, Corona Man.

How about Strath Ramrod? and please don't do us the indignity of denying it as it is quite obvious!
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Ramrod » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:38 am

Okay Roxy, Keep thinking that
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:34 am

Ramrod wrote:Okay Roxy, Keep thinking that

Blahhahahaha. see you at Strath today mate!
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby scott » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:28 am

Live scores will be available on aehca.sa.cricket.com.au and the MyCricket app for both of this weekend's AEHCA Semi Finals
scott
Veteran

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 124 times

Postby saintal » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:45 pm

scott wrote:Live scores will be available on aehca.sa.cricket.com.au and the MyCricket app for both of this weekend's AEHCA Semi Finals

Handy.

Another disappointing finals' batting performance from Woodside, although it looks as though they had Strath in some real strife at 6/64. Nairne in box seat v Lobethal.

TVCA Grand Final saw Cambrai post 113 batting first from 60 overs. Probably not enough, but they managed to remove Rathjen just before stumps, Palmer to resume on 1/24. A dropped chance in the final over could prove costly.

Gumeracha knocked off Palmer in the B's by 4 or 5 wickets. Palmer's 136 always looked to be a few short on Lenswood Oval, although had they held their catches it could have been a tighter finish.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Corona Man » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Blahhahahaha. see you at Strath today mate![/quote

It would appear our man Ramrod will be a little disappointed with the likely result at Strath this weekend... At least the other one is in with a shot at the title!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Meadows win another flag over SCIB's.

Must say as a neutral Flaggies supporters were embarassing today, this isn't the SCA.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Dutchy wrote:Meadows win another flag over SCIB's.

Must say as a neutral Flaggies supporters were embarassing today, this isn't the SCA.

What was the scores ?
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby the wonder elephant » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Btw what was the comment re flaggies supporters ?
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:

What was the scores ?

Meadows made 253

Flaggies were 4/44, 6/63 then fought to 6/130 and looked a slight chance but then collapsed to be all out around 155

Im all for friendly banter but they got personal with a few Meadows players. Plus I don't think its overly smart taunting Meadows.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Looks like a Woodside V Nairne Grand Final next week for AEHCA. Woodside upset minor round premiers Strath and Nairne seemed to go about their business with confidence to defeat Lobethal. Looks like the GF will be at Nairne. I saw Woodside's bowling today against Strath and they bowled very well. Also their second innings batting was a vast improvement on their first innings yesterday so I think they can give Nairne a good run for their money. Should be a good game.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:11 pm

A bit quiet Ramrod, thought you "Nairne" supporters would be quite chipper given your good win today and the fact you get a home final next week.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby The Phoenix » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:58 pm

OMG! I see it but I don't believe it!! Did Strath really slip up chasing 105? I thought they would be a certainty against Woodside (no disrespect to Woodside but Strath have been top all year).
Just proves the old adage about finals and runs on the board!
Might be a bit of soul searching over the winter.
As for Lobey, the second half of the year brought the boys back down to earth a bit i think after a great start.
Can Woodside pull of a remarkable win next week? They'll bowl well but can they make enough runs.......
The Phoenix
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 am

No!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:31 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

A bit quiet Ramrod, thought you "Nairne" supporters would be quite chipper given your good win today and the fact you get a home final next week.

Ah roxy sorry I have been away with work for the last couple days, so unfortunatly didnt make it out to have a look at any cricket this weekend. Congrats to Nairne and Woodside getting through to the GF. Strath would be Devestated not to make it as would Lobey, in saying that Strath top all year, to be bowled out for 90odd is pretty poor and im sure they will have some soul searching over winter. Lobey got pumped which was expected. Might pop out on the weekend to have a look at the GF.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby saintal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:22 pm

Palmer won their first A Grade flag with a dour 2 wicket win against Cambrai.

The Magpies batted first and despite a reasonable start found themselves 5/57 at drinks. Eichler (42) ensured they would post a three digit total, 113 from 60 overs. Wachtel the pick of the Bears attack. Palmer resumed overnight on 1/24 and made very hard work of Sunday’s chase, requiring 68 overs to reel in the total. An even spread of contributors with the bat, while Hunter (5/51 from 25) tried his best to snatch victory for Cambrai.

Well done to the Bears. Good bunch of guys who play in the right spirit and always have a beer or three afterwards.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:04 pm

Well I tipped correctly, Scibs V Meadows is the GF for the 2nd time in 3 years and they will play each other in the finals for the 3rd consecutive year.

Scibs had a reasonably easy win over Uris, A very even batting performance plus the always erratic Uris bowling conceding 38 extras led to Scibs scoring a very good score in a final of 195. Uris in reply were in complete disarray at 8 for 65, including a hat trick from daniel desengo before the experienced head of carter and young gaetan put on 90 for the 9th wicket and it looked as tho uris may pull of a miracle but they then lost their last two wickets in consecutive balls to be dismissed for 153, thanks to carters 80 odd. Uris will be shattered to lose another semi but they had a very good second half of the year and just need to start better next year as they always start the year slowly.

Meadows as they always seem to do in finals won the toss and batted first (I cant remember the last time they batted last in the finals they are very good at the toss), Flagstaff did the cardinal sin of dropping rohan on 0 which of course led to him making a ton and meadows posting a very imposing score of 3 for 251 which was always going to be to big of an ask for the flaggies. Flaggies never looked likely apart from young tosh who batted well but i would advise them not to poke the bear that is meadows as it never ends well and they ended up 90 runs short. Flaggies had a great year which should of seen them end up top but they lack the class of meadows with the bat and once they dropped a few catches it was always going to be hard work.

Prediction: Scibs V Meadows- Well meadows are strong favourites as they should be with their batting line up, Dawe, Reid, Reid, Tonkin and Pethick is the best top 5 in the comp by some way but if their is one team that has held in particular rohan to low scores recently it's Scibs who rohan hasnt made a 50 against them in a year or two. If scibs get into the young thomas brothers and jaensch early then they will fancy their chances as they arent as expericened in big finals as they have never had to bat in the big games. Mcgowan and Tarque are huge keys with the new ball, as early wickets are there only chance. Scibs issue is with the bat as they have never made runs against meadows and its tough to see them making enough runs unless tarque, behn or shearwood get going but you never know as there tail wagged on the weekend. Rohan is the key with the ball as well for meadows and scibs will need to see him out. Meadows in a close one in my opinion but It would be nice to see a new team win.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby saintal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Where's the HCA final? Might have a look on Sunday.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Ah roxy sorry I have been away with work for the last couple days, so unfortunatly didnt make it out to have a look at any cricket this weekend. Congrats to Nairne and Woodside getting through to the GF. Strath would be Devestated not to make it as would Lobey, in saying that Strath top all year, to be bowled out for 90odd is pretty poor and im sure they will have some soul searching over winter. Lobey got pumped which was expected. Might pop out on the weekend to have a look at the GF.

I thought I saw you there but it must have been that bloke from Nairne that looks exactly like you. Make sure you fill up the car with petrol if your heading to Nairne to watch the GF, its a fair drive from Strath mate. :D
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps