Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:37 pm

inside word wrote:
Jackpot I know certain clubs have people on the executive committee as well, one who was very heavily involved in the proposal, was he allowed to vote? I would hope not! Simple fact is I was speaking to guys from other associations and they are shocked that this Comp would make this decision. It's going to fun to watch when it goes downhill!

I believe ALL the Executive members voted on the proposal as they are eligible to do.
Strath put up the motion as Nairne did several seasons ago. Only difference was Nairnes didnt specify 50 overs but just 1 day cricket iirc.
Strath specified 50 overs which i believe was unpopular bcos of the potential length of the day.
Several rounds of 45 over games were trialed 2 seasons ago and seemed to work ok.
Langhorne Creek proposed an amendment to 45 overs max and this became the motion.
Woodside made a further amendment of 40 overs but that was defeated.
45 overs was voted on and was accepted with the 2/3rds majority required.
I am extremely confident that any executives associated with any club make their decisions independent of their clubs viewpoints.
Any changes are always going to be unpopular with certain players / clubs
I know of quite a few players who were anti their own clubs view on this which just shows how hard it is to please all.
Unfortunately the A Grade competition has been in decline in recent years and a club exercised their right to vote for a changed structure and the process ran its course.
If any clubs are unhappy with the process they are more than welcome to put motions forward to change the constitution and the process.
Im still amazed that an executive position remained unfilled after so many have an opinion about how things should be.

Once we get into the season some might be saying why didnt we do this years ago? And if by seasons end, Like Roxy said, if things have gone down hill, then changes can be made , even reverting back to a 2 day competition if there's support for it.
Personally i'd love to see 2 day cricket come back in some form in coming years but the practicality of it isnt like it was 30 - 40 years ago.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby inside word » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am

Cmon Jaxkpot give me a break! You think those on the exec wouldn't go against there clubs view? thats ridiculous! I believe those votes shouldn't count!
inside word
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:25 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
inside word wrote:Hearing that certain clubs in the A grade are weighing up if they change associations as they are disgusted by this vote. Well done association!

I doubt it but humour me anyway, who?

Awaiting your reply to this question Inside Word????
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby inside word » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:31 am

Well from what I've heard around The traps, Woodside and Wistow are the two teams disgusted by it! I guess the thing is I am aware of a few of the better young players who will be leaving the association because of this.
inside word
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:38 am

inside word wrote:Well from what I've heard around The traps, Woodside and Wistow are the two teams disgusted by it! I guess the thing is I am aware of a few of the better young players who will be leaving the association because of this.

So a couple of comments on Facebook by individuals of those clubs, and you are saying they are leaving the comp... Turn it up IW!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby inside word » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:43 am

Corona Man wrote:
inside word wrote:Well from what I've heard around The traps, Woodside and Wistow are the two teams disgusted by it! I guess the thing is I am aware of a few of the better young players who will be leaving the association because of this.

So a couple of comments on Facebook by individuals of those clubs, and you are saying they are leaving the comp... Turn it up IW!

Oh sorry Corona man, you obviously know who I have been talking to from one of those clubs? Maybe if one of those leave though maybe your pathetic excuse for a club can come up?
inside word
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 am

inside word wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Oh sorry Corona man, you obviously know who I have been talking to from one of those clubs? Maybe if one of those leave though maybe your pathetic excuse for a club can come up?

Pot, kettle, black... What about your club?

Our club finished bottom of the A2 comp last season... Least we didn't opt out an go down a grade IW.

By your rationale, the clubs who wanted 1 day cricket would have left the comp if they didn't get their way.

Let's see how it pans out this season shall we. Who knows it may be a run away success.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby inside word » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am

even if it is, this comp has lost some players, so Even if works out, those players won't return! So either way it will not be a success!
inside word
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:04 pm

inside word wrote:even if it is, this comp has lost some players, so Even if works out, those players won't return! So either way it will not be a success!

Players come and go all the time IW. Good younger players should have a crack at higher levels than any of the hills comps. If they want to see how far they can get.

I have no strong opinion one way or the other in terms of the changes that have been made. It worth a go, if it is as doom & gloom as you think it will be IW, and enough clubs share you view... Then change it back.

Reckon guys who leave, may well come back anyway.

How is your club travelling IW??
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Hopeful these better young players never spend a winter playing cricket in England
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Hopeful these better young players never spend a winter playing cricket in England

Wash outs every 2nd week? ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby WellLeft » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:15 pm

I think a number of hills clubs could reasonably consider applying to join Adelaide turf, considering it already has clubs around an hour drive from the CBD and a number of clubs being that time drive away in the various hills leagues. Of course those without turf would have to put them in, would cost money/time but with various grants quite achievable. Not sure how many already have turf.

With that there is a good argument you could attract players out from the city as well as retain current youth and you can select to either play 2 day or one day competition in turf. So many positives.

Top 2 grades play turf lower grades play regionally possibly.

Food for thought.
WellLeft
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:56 am

inside word wrote:Cmon Jaxkpot give me a break! You think those on the exec wouldn't go against there clubs view? thats ridiculous! I believe those votes shouldn't count!

I think that the members of the Executive committee past and present are genuinely independent with the well being of the Association foremost in their minds rather than their own clubs interests when it comes to voting on issues such as this.

You have every right not to embrace the same view and i respect that.

Maybe youre right in that the Executive shouldn't be casting votes but thats how the constitution is written and any club is able to put forward a motion to change it if they feel the need to.

Which ever way the vote went there were always gonna be disappointed and frustrated thoughts on the matter.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:45 am

If nothing else, the Strath motion has got AEHCA people posting on this site again!
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:If nothing else, the Strath motion has got AEHCA people posting on this site again!

And then there was silence, it appears that a couple of days of vocal outrage from a few has given way to the silence of acceptance by the majority.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:14 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:If nothing else, the Strath motion has got AEHCA people posting on this site again!

And then there was silence, it appears that a couple of days of vocal outrage from a few has given way to the silence of acceptance by the majority.

Well I wouldn't agree with that.... It's not the last we've heard of this vote.....
inside word
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:09 pm

inside word wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

Well I wouldn't agree with that.... It's not the last we've heard of this vote.....

have heard there are a few rumblings but not sure how this will change the vote.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby inside word » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
inside word wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:

have heard there are a few rumblings but not sure how this will change the vote.

The unfortunate thing is if this vote stands players are lost to the Comp, which makes this vote a disaster. Considering this vote was meant to bring players to the game...
inside word
Rookie

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:41 pm

To me by going to one dayers you are pandering to the players who dont really commit to the game and want to play on their terms when and where they feel like it, they dont take it seriously, they are the me me me players. At the same time you are disrespecting the guys that give their full commitment to the game and take it seriously, the team players.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby inside word » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:58 pm

daysofourlives wrote:To me by going to one dayers you are pandering to the players who dont really commit to the game and want to play on their terms when and where they feel like it, they dont take it seriously, they are the me me me players. At the same time you are disrespecting the guys that give their full commitment to the game and take it seriously, the team players.

Never has a truer word been spoken days of our lives! Come to this association so you knock some sense into the committee!
inside word
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps