Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi there hills Cricket lovers, whats the key player transfers, recruitment coups, and just plain old gossip for the upcoming season?
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby Ramrod » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:56 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Hi there hills Cricket lovers, whats the key player transfers, recruitment coups, and just plain old gossip for the upcoming season?

Well as i've said before, Matt Hein to Strath, Mitch Hein to Nairne is Confirmed. Wimberley from Lobey has Moved to Woodside to play in there A2's. Rumour has it he was too old too continue from the club. wonder if hacket will go on then, cause he is no spring chicken. well past his prime. Wistow apparently have picked up a couple (Which they needed to) Hahndorf wont be filling an A grade. Goldy Heading back to Langhorne Creek, good Result for them. Big Year this Year. Can Nairne Continue its Dominance? Will Strath get over the final Hurdle? can woodside get there finals Gorrila off there Back? How good are Lobey's Kids? We will find out soon.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Pinarello » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Will the A&EH rule in favour of all one day cricket in A2's?

7 team comp in A Grade, unless Mt Barker step back up. A bye in the top level is not a good thing!

I heard not many potential nominating teams for the D Grade.... time to abandon the D Grade in favour of an 8, or 10 or even 12 team C Grade? Or an opportunity for D Grade to be a T20 comp only?
Pinarello
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Ramrod » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Pinarello wrote:Will the A&EH rule in favour of all one day cricket in A2's?

7 team comp in A Grade, unless Mt Barker step back up. A bye in the top level is not a good thing!

I heard not many potential nominating teams for the D Grade.... time to abandon the D Grade in favour of an 8, or 10 or even 12 team C Grade? Or an opportunity for D Grade to be a T20 comp only?

I dont think they will rule in favour of this, the word from most clubs is they want 2 day cricket so if they call upon a A2 cricket to play A grade they are used too 2 day cricket. Cant see Mount barker coming back up so i would assume it will stay a 7 team comp, although they have recruited rhys jordan so not sure. also has to be questions marks on whether Wistow will fill an A grade. A lot of losses so we will see. in regards to D grade, Just scrap it. terrible cricket.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Pinarello » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Had heard Mt Barker had recruited a decent Callington player, and Jordan goes alright. They may be tempted to have a crack in the A Grade, can't see what's in it for Jordan to go from one A2 club to another.... other than some coin I believe!
I can see the logic from the bigger clubs (Nairne, Woodside etc) in terms of A2 being 2 day games for the benefit of their players going between A & A2. But for the smaller clubs one day cricket is what some of them are after.... and at the moment the highest standard of regular one day cricket is B Grade.... so if that's what the clubs & association want.... then so be it.
Agree D Grade is a waste of time, particularly if it's a 5 or 6 team comp. By the way I am not in favour of a T/20 comp, but if there was to be one, perhaps use it for D Grade.
Pinarello
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 pm

In the good old days of the TVCA, there was a 12-team competition that covered the lower two grades, with 1-4 fighting out the B-Grade finals, 5-8 the C-Grade and the rest watching. Perhaps an option?
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 am

FlyingHigh wrote:In the good old days of the TVCA, there was a 12-team competition that covered the lower two grades, with 1-4 fighting out the B-Grade finals, 5-8 the C-Grade and the rest watching. Perhaps an option?

Sounds like a good option. This also limits the impact if a club finds it cant field a team at the start of the season.

As for the A Grade, I think the association should strive for an 8 team comp. This format has worked extremely well over the past few seasons and to change it would be a step backwards. I dont think A2s playing 1 day cricket will matter, Its not like players who move up will be going from 1 day to 4 day cricket. In any case, there are only a couple of clubs with A1 and A2 that would be affected - Strath, Nairne, Woodside, maybe lobethal. The other 3 or 4 A1 grade teams field B grade (one day comp) as their second team and the remaining 6 or 7 clubs either have A2 or B grade at their first team.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:07 pm

Jarrad Tait has been appointed Captain for Nairne this Year. Its seem everyone is trying to be be known as a premiership captain with how quickly there going through them.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Power From Port » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Ramrod wrote:Jarrad Tait has been appointed Captain for Nairne this Year. Its seem everyone is trying to be be known as a premiership captain with how quickly there going through them.

Nairne has only had 2 Captains in the last 8 seasons pal so I wouldn't say they are going through that many
Power From Port

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Ramrod » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Power From Port wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Jarrad Tait has been appointed Captain for Nairne this Year. Its seem everyone is trying to be be known as a premiership captain with how quickly there going through them.

Nairne has only had 2 Captains in the last 8 seasons pal so I wouldn't say they are going through that many

Berkett, Heinrich, Tait. thats 3 champ!
Watching them though you would think all of them are captains the way they all are giving suggestions.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Power From Port » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:09 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Power From Port wrote:

Watching them though you would think all of them are captains the way they all are giving suggestions.

I'm talking about the last 8 seasons not including this one "mate"

And what's wrong with getting suggestions from teammates?
Power From Port

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Ramrod » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Power From Port wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Power From Port wrote:

I'm talking about the last 8 seasons not including this one "mate"

And what's wrong with getting suggestions from teammates?

Obviously you havent ever seen them play?? Moving Players yourself arent known as suggestions. If you're in the boy's club they have, you're allowed to do anything.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Five premierships in a row shows it is working for them, whether that is changing captains or having several players contributing to the on field moves, it is a successful team model for them.
Well done Taity on getting the captaincy.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:52 pm

So what's everyone thoughts on how clubs will perform this Year?
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Ramrod wrote:So what's everyone thoughts on how clubs will perform this Year?

Expect Nairne to be good, Strath to also be very competitive after a solid year last year. Woodside should also a field strong team as always. I think the rest might be pretty even behind the top three. Shame it looks like it will be a seven team comp - Step up you non A grade playing pussy clubs and field an A grade team :evil:
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Ramrod wrote:So what's everyone thoughts on how clubs will perform this Year?

Expect Nairne to be good, Strath to also be very competitive after a solid year last year. Woodside should also a field strong team as always. I think the rest might be pretty even behind the top three. Shame it looks like it will be a seven team comp - Step up you non A grade playing pussy clubs and field an A grade team :evil:

Yeah agree with your comment, really struggling to see anything other than a Nairne, Strath GF. Stranger things have happened though. I think it is fairly poor a town the size of Mount Barker cant get an A grade side together, Says something about the quality of people playing there. Also Dissapointing Hahndorf wont be filling an A grade either. Any other notable people changing clubs?
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:44 pm

not that I know of, I heard the Heins will move from Wistow to Strath which might leave Wistow a bit depleted of A Graders. Goldy is rumoured to be back at the Creek. Not sure what is going on with the others, Anyone else know of anything?
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:05 pm

So which clubs are man enough to play A1 Grade this season - Hahndorf??? Nah must be a PUSSY CLUB full of PUSSIES. Callington??? Nah must be another PUSSY CLUB full of more PUSSIES, Mount Barker??? Meeeooowww. Confusious say too much pussy make for soft cock.
Harden up you PUSSY soft cocks and nominate for A1 Grade.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Whatsfordinner » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:37 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Five premierships in a row shows it is working for them, whether that is changing captains or having several players contributing to the on field moves, it is a successful team model for them.
Well done Taity on getting the captaincy.

Just a bunch of arrogant blokes in my eyes
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Newkid » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:59 pm

I see strath are putting in turf training pitches. It always amazed me that clubs with turf decks don't have turf to train on. Defies logic really.
Newkid
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps