ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

ATCA

Postby OKC! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:21 am

OK guys, new season, new (old) look format, new teams in A1..

Lets have your tips for Premier, Top 4 and relegation.

I'll start....

Premier: Pooraka (maybe a bit bias)
Top 4:
Pooraka
Grange
Prince Alfred
Goodwood

Bottom 2:
St Peters
Pembroke

Also the weekends games in A1.
Goodwood v Pulteney OS
Prince Alfred Old Collegians v Brighton
Payneham v Pembroke OS
Pooraka v Woodville Rechabites
St Peters Old Collegians v Grange
Woodville South v Para Hills
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
User avatar
OKC!
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:13 am

how many missing from the first 11 for pooraka this week ??
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby OKC! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:33 am

Robb_Stark wrote:how many missing from the first 11 for pooraka this week ??


Hall is working and Hanson recovering from injury.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
User avatar
OKC!
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby beeroclock » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:59 pm

First win on the board for the Farms D grade already.
Take that every week.
beeroclock
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:27 am
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby EldersUniSA » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:56 pm

I think top 4:
Grange
PAOC
Brighton
Woodville South

I think beers after the game is generally a good thing because you end up finding out the opposition players/club are generally not that bad - just trying to win like you.

I don't like the way the article talks about comradery and the spirit of the game then relates it directly to financial losses at clubs - not sure if that's how Payneham would of wanted it written.

I can't quite get my head around the numbers discussed either
e.g.
Best case:
$7 per beer (high) * 12 opponents (everyone of 11 players plus scorer) * 2 beers (don't drink and drive) * 20 weeks of cricket (Assuming players have beers after every days play not game and there are no rainout or heat outs) = $3.36k

Seems a bit exaggerated. I think it would be cool to see a matrix of every clubs beer prices.

To ensure fairness of beer prices league creates a spirit of the game beer pricing initiative - sets a recommended retail price lower than standard (set in such a way that you decrease margin but increase volume hence come out ahead) for the first two beers after the game. Clubs can volunteer to join.

Or just make it standard practice at your own club to charge opposition players their club's beer prices.
Elders Cricket Club Est 1931 UniSA/SAIT Cricket Club Est 1974
Elders UniSA Cricket Club 1999
Mawson Lakes Cricket Club 2010
EldersUniSA
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:06 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Yep I was discussing this very issue at an A1 club last night over a few beers. It's going to have the opposite effect especially to the club/s named in the article. Nobody is going to go in for a drink with a bunch of whingers....
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15664
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 1112 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Brumbies » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Clubs are allowed to request permission from the home team to bring a carton.
I think our A grade plan on doing so for all their away games, will be interesting to see how many clubs say yes.

Me thinks Payneham may not be one of them!
Brumbies
Member
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:41 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:57 am

few big scores made over the weekend!

and stories from saturday at all or stand out performances
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:05 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby OKC! » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Exciting as this thread.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
User avatar
OKC!
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Groover » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Maybe with all this discussion we need to create specific A1 A2 etc threads? :P


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
User avatar
Groover
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2620
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 pm
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby OKC! » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:14 am

Groover wrote:Maybe with all this discussion we need to create specific A1 A2 etc threads? :P


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Haha, yeah i'll get admin on to it.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
User avatar
OKC!
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Brumbies wrote:Clubs are allowed to request permission from the home team to bring a carton.
I think our A grade plan on doing so for all their away games, will be interesting to see how many clubs say yes.

Me thinks Payneham may not be one of them!



will Pooraka give permission to other clubs ? and isnt there a fine of 50 dollars to clubs caught doing this ?
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Brumbies » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Brumbies wrote:Clubs are allowed to request permission from the home team to bring a carton.
I think our A grade plan on doing so for all their away games, will be interesting to see how many clubs say yes.

Me thinks Payneham may not be one of them!



will Pooraka give permission to other clubs ? and isnt there a fine of 50 dollars to clubs caught doing this ?


Yes our chairman has stated that visiting clubs are welcome to bring a carton for after the match. I don't know if any have actually asked though.
Our A Grade asked Para Hills when we played them away in round 2. They didn't want us to bring our own carton so I think we purchased half a carton off them for the change rooms and then went in their club.
Brumbies
Member
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:41 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby helicopterking » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:14 am

Doesn't look good for cricket this weekend, classic weekend rain.
User avatar
helicopterking
Coach
 
Posts: 5527
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 645 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:59 pm

i think as long as the carton is brought from the club your at and they give a reasonable price then drinking in the change rooms should be cool
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:01 am
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby bulldogs » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:19 pm

I used to love having a beer in the changerooms. After a hot day in the field I didn't want to rush for a shower but preferred to sit down with a dart and a beer. The opposition should be invited to join you.
What Ingle farm are doing this year is inviting the opposition upstairs and we have a generous life member who is putting $50 on the bar for them to enjoy a drink.
bulldogs
League Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Reilly » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:04 am

I believe we became the first club to be fined under this new 'rule'.
Reilly
Member
 
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:46 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:27 am

Its probably been flogged to death, but is the rule for ALL grounds, or only grounds with a bar? Because I know as my club we play at schools for home games so we dont have bar facilities and its ridiculous for the opposition to not be allowed to bring a carton. I know we wouldnt dare report someone for it, so long as they clean up any potential mess, which even still we would take up with the club directly and leave the league out of it
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 370 times

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby Reilly » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:30 am

human_torpedo wrote:Its probably been flogged to death, but is the rule for ALL grounds, or only grounds with a bar? Because I know as my club we play at schools for home games so we dont have bar facilities and its ridiculous for the opposition to not be allowed to bring a carton. I know we wouldnt dare report someone for it, so long as they clean up any potential mess, which even still we would take up with the club directly and leave the league out of it


It's all grounds. We got reported by the opposition and it was when we played at a college ground with no bar facilities. We made sure we left absolutely no mess given we were in a school change room. Didn't do us any good though.
Reilly
Member
 
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:46 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: ATCA 2014/15.

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:46 am

Reilly wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Its probably been flogged to death, but is the rule for ALL grounds, or only grounds with a bar? Because I know as my club we play at schools for home games so we dont have bar facilities and its ridiculous for the opposition to not be allowed to bring a carton. I know we wouldnt dare report someone for it, so long as they clean up any potential mess, which even still we would take up with the club directly and leave the league out of it


It's all grounds. We got reported by the opposition and it was when we played at a college ground with no bar facilities. We made sure we left absolutely no mess given we were in a school change room. Didn't do us any good though.


Thats outrageous that a club would report someone when they dont provide bar facilities. I (sort of) see where clubs are coming from when teams bring beer when the club provides a bar, but if a ground doesnt have a bar then a club shouldnt report them. Maybe the club should still out of courtesy ask/advise the club that they will be bringing a carton, but I dont think a club should be fined fopr bringing a carton in that case, unless they trash the place and leave beer bottles and cigarette butts around a school, which is a different case altogether though
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1206
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 370 times

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests