ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby helicopterking » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:27 pm

thevoice wrote:Crystal Ball time......
A1 will see Pooraka beat PAOC in the GF. Previous failures won't happen this year.
A2 Hope Valley will beat Marion in the GF. If Unley snag 3rd, they'd be a big chance to beat Marion first week of finals tho, as the wheels are starting to come off. If you knick McCallister off early, and W Stanborough misses out, there isn't too much left in the batting to worry HV. Watson is the man here though, no one has been able to get him out all year.
A3 SHOC should have too much depth for Modbury in the GF. If McNally fires up you never know tho.
B1 Kilburn will be too strong. They have the best player in the comp by a mile. This kind of bowler win you finals, the bloke can bat too.
B2 Fulham to beat Para Hills or Marion. All three aren't far off each other, but FCC with too much depth and lots of runs in the form guide.

His Only failure this year was against Marion.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:09 pm

A1 will see Pooraka beat PAOC in the GF. Previous failures won't happen this year.
A2 Hope Valley will beat Marion in the GF. If Unley snag 3rd, they'd be a big chance to beat Marion first week of finals tho, as the wheels are starting to come off. If you knick McCallister off early, and W Stanborough misses out, there isn't too much left in the batting to worry HV. Watson is the man here though, no one has been able to get him out all year.
A3 SHOC should have too much depth for Modbury in the GF. If McNally fires up you never know tho.
B1 Kilburn will be too strong. They have the best player in the comp by a mile. This kind of bowler win you finals, the bloke can bat too.
B2 Fulham to beat Para Hills or Marion. All three aren't far off each other, but FCC with too much depth and lots of runs in the form guide.

What makes you automatically put Pooraka through to the GF ?
Do you know their history come finals time ?
Lost the Semi to Poo Hills last year at home after dominating yet another season.
I say good luck to em but I'd have a few bucks on the under dogs in the Semi if anyone would like to offer some odds.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby tigerpie » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Trader wrote:Agreed, some good finishes to the season.
A1 SPOC need to win to secure the top 4, if they loose, Reynella could potentially catch them with a big win over Goodwood, however 13 points is a lot to catch up in a 1-dayer.

A2 Is interesting, with Port Districts (5th) playing 10th a good chance to jump Unley (4th) who have 2nd placed Marion.

A3 is the best though. Just 77 first innings runs separate 4 teams from 3rd through to 6th. Should be an exciting finish to the season with one side likely to miss out by only a few boundaries.

B1 has another tight tussle with 3rd vs 5th and 4th vs 6th in the last round.

B2 is interesting with 7th placed Goodwood still able to make it with a win over bottom placed Pembroke if 6th placed Hectorville knocks off 4th placed Ingle Farm. 5th placed Brighton have the bye.

B3 is interesting for another reason, with 7th placed Uni still able to finish anywhere between 4th and bottom, depending on results.

Brighton need to do us a big favour. They owe us one ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:28 am

how hot does it need to be before being heated out?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:31 am

B2 down is off at 40.
B1 plays normal rules (as it is a 1-day fixture) and is then off at 42.
A1-A3 at 40 or 41 plays under B1 rules (40 over a side), and is off at 42.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:27 am

Sitting down having lunch at Walkerville Oval and out strolls the Pooraka curator.
Takes a few happy snaps of the wicket then some distance measures from the centre wicket to the boundaries.
It's just a strip of grass JJ. .
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:Sitting down having lunch at Walkerville Oval and out strolls the Pooraka curator.
Takes a few happy snaps of the wicket then some distance measures from the centre wicket to the boundaries.

Last time I was at Walkerville there wasn't much grass on their square....it was just a strip of dirt
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Sitting down having lunch at Walkerville Oval and out strolls the Pooraka curator.

Last time I was at Walkerville there wasn't much grass on their square....it was just a strip of dirt

Get JJs number and have him text you a pic.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Postby thevoice » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:25 am

Goat track I think is the appropriate term.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:30 am

Will Shalabh Srivastava prove to be the most influential cricketer in A2
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:40 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Will Shalabh Srivastava prove to be the most influential cricketer in A2

Is that guy Fulham played and lost points over at the start of the year?
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Will Shalabh Srivastava prove to be the most influential cricketer in A2

Yes it is. Fulham docked 13.765 points which puts them into relegation zone and Unley were given the 10 match points which puts them in the four. Will be interesting to see if it influences finals and/or relegation after tomorrow.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Yes it is. Fulham docked 13.765 points which puts them into relegation zone and Unley were given the 10 match points which puts them in the four. Will be interesting to see if it influences finals and/or relegation after tomorrow.

I heard they acquired this blokes because apprantly he bowled serious wheels. First game, came out and bowled off spin.
Fulham won't lose to to Pulteney you wouldn't think. Game will be finished before 5.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Stumps » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

I heard they acquired this blokes because apprantly he bowled serious wheels. First game, came out and bowled off spin.
Fulham won't lose to to Pulteney you wouldn't think. Game will be finished before 5.

if he bowled serious wheels he wouldn't be playing a2
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 45 times

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Computer Crashed wrote:

Lost the Semi to Poo Hills last year at home after dominating yet another season.
I say good luck to em but I'd have a few bucks on the under dogs in the Semi if anyone would like to offer some odds.

Looks like it's started again.
7 point deduction following another suspension that will see one of their main players miss finals.

And with Pooraka playing Walkerville this week, every chance the head-butts will be flying again.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:01 pm

In A2 Unley hold fourth spot after sneaking past Marion and courtesy of Fulham misdemeanor. Goodwood and Pulteney relegated to A3. Another hundred to Watson....that 6 for season.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:In A2 Unley hold fourth spot after sneaking past Marion and courtesy of Fulham misdemeanor. Goodwood and Pulteney relegated to A3. Another hundred to Watson....that 6 for season.

What is his average? not out again.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:In A2 Unley hold fourth spot after sneaking past Marion and courtesy of Fulham misdemeanor. Goodwood and Pulteney relegated to A3. Another hundred to Watson....that 6 for season.

What is his average? not out again.

Just a lazy 139.5, but the boys at Marion reckon they have his measure
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Tangles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:27 am

Pooraka surely have to repay their backers and deliver a trophy soon? That wage bill can't go season after season delivering nothing. I'd be putting my cash on PAOC to do a T20/2 day double.

Watson is in beast mode for sure. Hope Valley do have a habit of choking finals though, can he carry them across the line? I have my doubts. Have a funny feeling that Woody South might do something in the finals.

In A3 I think you're all right, SHOC are way too strong, it's their trophy for sure - their depth is outstanding whereas Modbury only have one player. Modbury will play their final tomorrow at Adelaide Oval and then that'll be them done - they've barely fallen over the line in a few of their recent games. Penfield and Concordia no match for SHOC either.
Tangles
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:45 am

Trader wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:

Looks like it's started again.
7 point deduction following another suspension that will see one of their main players miss finals.

And with Pooraka playing Walkerville this week, every chance the head-butts will be flying again.

Elaborate please.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps