ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:00 pm

Tangles wrote:Pooraka surely have to repay their backers and deliver a trophy soon? That wage bill can't go season after season delivering nothing. I'd be putting my cash on PAOC to do a T20/2 day double.

Watson is in beast mode for sure. Hope Valley do have a habit of choking finals though, can he carry them across the line? I have my doubts. Have a funny feeling that Woody South might do something in the finals.

In A3 I think you're all right, SHOC are way too strong, it's their trophy for sure - their depth is outstanding whereas Modbury only have one player. Modbury will play their final tomorrow at Adelaide Oval and then that'll be them done - they've barely fallen over the line in a few of their recent games. Penfield and Concordia no match for SHOC either.

I cant see Woody South doing too much in finals. Very ordinary attack.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:23 pm

What is the point of having fielding restrictions in one day games if umpires arent going to police. Yesterday I saw one fielder in a catching position in first 15 overs. The supposed second catcher was 20m from bat and walking in with bowler. 6 fielders outside circle and 6 fielders on leg side at various times.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:06 pm

I assume tonight's T20 GF was washed out. Anyone know if they will replay the game or if it's just a draw?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:37 am

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what Andrew Lydeamore is up to these days?

I played with him at Rose & Crown before he went to Ingle Farm, and I haven't heard from him in a long while.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:08 am

Trader wrote:I assume tonight's T20 GF was washed out. Anyone know if they will replay the game or if it's just a draw?

Modbury were 2/6 off 2.3 with Miller and McNally out in a reduced 10 over game when it was called.. Its re-scheduled for tomorrow at Modbury I believe
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:36 am

Failed Creation wrote:Hey guys,

Does anyone know what Andrew Lydeamore is up to these days?

I played with him at Rose & Crown before he went to Ingle Farm, and I haven't heard from him in a long while.

Very handy left arm othodox bowler. He last played with Ingle Farm and that was about 4 years ago. Has a young family and also had some health issues which I believe is why he stopped playing.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:38 am

human_torpedo wrote:
Trader wrote:I assume tonight's T20 GF was washed out. Anyone know if they will replay the game or if it's just a draw?

Modbury were 2/6 off 2.3 with Miller and McNally out in a reduced 10 over game when it was called.. Its re-scheduled for tomorrow at Modbury I believe

Adelaide oval one day....Modbury oval the next......what a contrast!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby OKC! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:53 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:What is the point of having fielding restrictions in one day games if umpires arent going to police. Yesterday I saw one fielder in a catching position in first 15 overs. The supposed second catcher was 20m from bat and walking in with bowler. 6 fielders outside circle and 6 fielders on leg side at various times.

Because the people running this league have their head so far up their fat arse they cant see anything.

By laws week after week are broken. Probably cause the people at the top cant read. Depending on what umpires u have too. We had a problem with a bylaw anf time restrictions recently. The ump wasnt even wearing a watch... can you believe that? I can. Depends really what your club name is as to what the result is!

Golden Grove vs para hills under 17 match is a perfect example of what a joke they are.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:41 am

Yup, the turf are struggling for consistency at the moment.
In Round 14 of the LO comp, they allowed MSCC to breach the bylaws and drop players from LO1 through the various other LO grades, without penalty and the sides they did it against just had to cop the loss.
In round 15, MSCC do it again, dropping an LO1 player to the LO2s, and because it was against Old Scotch, the turf ruled in Old Scotch's favour and awarded them the match points.
I would have thought dropping players from LO1 to LO4 and 5 is far worse than LO2, but apparently not...
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:35 am

Showers booked in for most the week, Hope Valley with no covers, it's a pretty important toss of the coin, as Unley have the bowling attack that will cause Them some issues.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby thevoice » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:35 pm

HV would certainly be getting their hands on covers for this week. Would be silly not too.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby heater31 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:39 pm

thevoice wrote:HV would certainly be getting their hands on covers for this week. Would be silly not too.

Are they allowed to? IIRC clubs have to advise the office at the beginning of the season if they have them or not. The expectation is then they would be used when the forecast isn't looking great.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby OKC! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Trader wrote:Yup, the turf are struggling for consistency at the moment.
In Round 14 of the LO comp, they allowed MSCC to breach the bylaws and drop players from LO1 through the various other LO grades, without penalty and the sides they did it against just had to cop the loss.
In round 15, MSCC do it again, dropping an LO1 player to the LO2s, and because it was against Old Scotch, the turf ruled in Old Scotch's favour and awarded them the match points.
I would have thought dropping players from LO1 to LO4 and 5 is far worse than LO2, but apparently not...

I would have thought that a by law is a bylaw. And no matter the circumstance, abide by it.

They pick and choose which ones to enfore. Pointless having a book.

The time restriction penatly was not enforced in a T20 game, even after showing the umpires the clear law in the book. One of the umpires lefy straight away because he didnt want to discuss it. Piss weak. The other umpire stayed and spoke to the players regarding the decison, good on him for that... but he said and i quote..

'They have clearly broken a by law and they should be penalised but ive already told them they won and I would feel bad for them' and also
'I feel like im stuck in the middle of this'

Well yes you are mate. You are the ump.

Once ATCA looked at it, they threw it out. Probably need to play for woody recs to get that decison.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Tangles » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:00 pm

OKC! wrote:

I would have thought that a by law is a bylaw. And no matter the circumstance, abide by it.

The time restriction penatly was not enforced in a T20 game, even after showing the umpires the clear law in the book. One of the umpires lefy straight away because he didnt want to discuss it. Piss weak. The other umpire stayed and spoke to the players regarding the decison, good on him for that... but he said and i quote..

'They have clearly broken a by law and they should be penalised but ive already told them they won and I would feel bad for them' and also

Once ATCA looked at it, they threw it out. Probably need to play for woody recs to get that decison.

Hey there Mr Kettle, the Pot's on the phone and asked me to let you know you're black. I was at that game, only one side was actually trying to waste time and it isn't the one that won the game.
Tangles
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby thevoice » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:24 pm

heater31 wrote:
thevoice wrote:HV would certainly be getting their hands on covers for this week. Would be silly not too.

Are they allowed to? IIRC clubs have to advise the office at the beginning of the season if they have them or not. The expectation is then they would be used when the forecast isn't looking great.

Yep you can. And if you want to host an A Grade grand final, you have to have them. If not, you don't get one. So I'd say the'd be onto it.
thevoice
Rookie

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:10 pm

thevoice wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Yep you can. And if you want to host an A Grade grand final, you have to have them. If not, you don't get one. So I'd say the'd be onto it.

This isn't correct is it? I thought all Semi Finals and Grand Finals in ATCA A Grade are played on the home ground of the higher ranked team. Nothing to do with having covers.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby thevoice » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Yep they are. But in order to host an A Grade grand final you have to have Covers available, whether you've registered at the start of the year or not. So if you don't have them, you have to hire or borrow them. If you don't have covers available, you don't get the opportunity to host the GF. ATCA changed this last year. Stops rain in the A Grade comp letting teams win flags by default/higher ladder position (unless of course its massive downpour).
thevoice
Rookie

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:17 pm

My understanding was that, in the higher grades, covers were mandatory, along with sightscreens (?).
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Tangles wrote:
OKC! wrote:

Hey there Mr Kettle, the Pot's on the phone and asked me to let you know you're black. I was at that game, only one side was actually trying to waste time and it isn't the one that won the game.

Are you saying the umpires erred by not deducting 6 runs from Pooraka's total for deliberately wasting time?

"The umpire can deduct 6 runs from the batting teams score if they believe the batsmen are deliberately wasting time. It is the batsman’s job to be ready to face as soon as the bowler is ready."
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:My understanding was that, in the higher grades, covers were mandatory, along with sightscreens (?).

Neither covers or sightscreens are mandatory in A2
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps