ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:56 am

helicopterking wrote:Needed 2 off the last 4 balls and all played and missed.

That's terrible execution then - should never lose from there.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:43 am

A nail-biter at Para Hills Oval last night in a battle of the bowlers. PH rolled for 88 after a great bowling performance by Pooraka (2) and off the back of some very poor batting.
Pooraka in return were 9/70 with 2 overs to go. Stix hit 16 off the 19th over and got them over the line with 3 balls to spare.
Devastating for us PH guy but, at the end of the day we were lucky to even get out of the group stage and our batting all tournament had been sub-par at best.
All the best to the remaining teams
Harry49
Rookie

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:46 am

Harry49 wrote:A nail-biter at Para Hills Oval last night in a battle of the bowlers. PH rolled for 88 after a great bowling performance by Pooraka (2) and off the back of some very poor batting.
Pooraka in return were 9/70 with 2 overs to go. Stix hit 16 off the 19th over and got them over the line with 3 balls to spare.
Devastating for us PH guy but, at the end of the day we were lucky to even get out of the group stage and our batting all tournament had been sub-par at best.

Pooraka meet Pooraka next round now hey?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Harry49 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Harry49 wrote:A nail-biter at Para Hills Oval last night in a battle of the bowlers. PH rolled for 88 after a great bowling performance by Pooraka (2) and off the back of some very poor batting.

Pooraka meet Pooraka next round now hey?

Well they say its "drawn out of a hat" but it seems like they just pair up the teams that are closest to each other. So I would imagine if Pooraka beat HV they will meet each other in the semi's
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Port Pirie Power » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 pm

Pooraka (1) vs Pooraka (2) in the T20 semis.

Would assume that this “random” selection wasn’t so random as ATCA would be embarrassed if they both got to Adelaide Oval.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby leftrightout » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Why would the ATCA be embarrassed. I think it would be fantastic and great reward for Pooraka
leftrightout
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby heater31 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm

leftrightout wrote:Why would the ATCA be embarrassed. I think it would be fantastic and great reward for Pooraka
And Pooraka only......think most clubs are salivating for the day the money well dries up and watch the rats jump off a sinking ship [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:09 pm

heater31 wrote:
leftrightout wrote:Why would the ATCA be embarrassed. I think it would be fantastic and great reward for Pooraka
And Pooraka only......think most clubs are salivating for the day the money well dries up and watch the rats jump off a sinking ship [emoji6]

Interesting thoughts there Heater. Would assume that you are from a rival club of Pooraka? From what I’ve heard, they only pay incentives which is not uncommon in cricket whatsoever.

In respect to the T20, from what I’ve looked through. The Pooraka (2) team is a team full of what the normal Saturday B grade side with the addition of 2 A graders and a guest player. Suggesting these blokes are probably unpaid and those rats to speak of are still on the ship and probably half decent cricketers mate.
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby lordrocco18 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:59 am

heater31 wrote:

shine our shoes peasant.
lordrocco18

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Harry49 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:32 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Interesting thoughts there Heater. Would assume that you are from a rival club of Pooraka? From what I’ve heard, they only pay incentives which is not uncommon in cricket whatsoever.

In respect to the T20, from what I’ve looked through. The Pooraka (2) team is a team full of what the normal Saturday B grade side with the addition of 2 A graders and a guest player. Suggesting these blokes are probably unpaid and those rats to speak of are still on the ship and probably half decent cricketers mate.

Exactly right PPP. Mainly B Grade squad on Tuesday night and they performed very well with some more than handy players. "Money well" or not they are a very solid club with great depth and great support, so they must be doing something right with their culture.
They had 2 teams playing Tuesday night and they had a pretty good supporter base out at Para Hills Oval. This suggests to me that the supporters and the players love the club so I would be surprised if these so called "rats" jump off.
Harry49
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 am

Port Pirie Power wrote:Pooraka (1) vs Pooraka (2) in the T20 semis.

At Pooraka?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:53 am

heater31 wrote:

The culture is amazing out at Pooraka, there's many good players on sweet FA, I know quite a few blokes out there and it's a unique club where everyone aspires to play in the highest grade they can and the comradeship is as good as I've ever seen.
Their junior program is excellent and have a great bunch of people working for it, men without kids playing pop down in the morning to help out or just support if needed, I was hoping my lad was playing out there this season, it was my first choice for him to, he got persuaded to stay put though in the end (which just happens to be the 3rd furthest away club in our comp).
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
heater31 wrote:

The culture is amazing out at Pooraka, there's many good players on sweet FA, I know quite a few blokes out there and it's a unique club where everyone aspires to play in the highest grade they can and the comradeship is as good as I've ever seen.
Their junior program is excellent and have a great bunch of people working for it, men without kids playing pop down in the morning to help out or just support if needed, I was hoping my lad was playing out there this season, it was my first choice for him to, he got persuaded to stay put though in the end (which just happens to be the 3rd furthest away club in our comp).

Exactly.
All this $$$$ BS is just that.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Browny25 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:17 pm

Wouldn't say the $$$ is BS but who cares, those that have an issue are only jealous.

From the outside, they appear to be a well run club, good luck to them & their success.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Browny25 wrote:Wouldn't say the $$$ is BS but who cares, those that have an issue are only jealous.

From the outside, they appear to be a well run club, good luck to them & their success.

People used to say the same about Grange when they were successful and won Premierships, really up to the Club how they spend their money!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Browny25 wrote:Wouldn't say the $$$ is BS but who cares, those that have an issue are only jealous.

will be an interesting game to watch! the b grade wont go down easily i wouldnt think
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Drove past Payneham the other day, how come they are ripping up the cricket pitch?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:08 pm

Bluedemon wrote:Drove past Payneham the other day, how come they are ripping up the cricket pitch?

Has been diabolical lately. Needs to be relaid.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:Drove past Payneham the other day, how come they are ripping up the cricket pitch?

Has been diabolical lately. Needs to be relaid.
Which is exactly what is happening.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby tigerpie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:52 am

Expensive exercise and before they know it, footy will be killing it.
Left it pretty late?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps