3%
Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby twobob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:id say February 1st would be my deadline for both clubs if Kilburn cant produce a 55 playing list of actual players and salisbury west have not found anyone to take its place in div 3 then yeah the league need to makes some big decisions

Rob have the league told Salisbury West that they have to find a replacement club in Div 3? If thats the case i don't think it is a very good move by the SAAFL and does it leave the door open for a club outside of the SAAFL to get in and not have to start down at Div 6.

Will we be seeing the return of Edwardstown
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:26 pm

twobob wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:id say February 1st would be my deadline for both clubs if Kilburn cant produce a 55 playing list of actual players and salisbury west have not found anyone to take its place in div 3 then yeah the league need to makes some big decisions

Rob have the league told Salisbury West that they have to find a replacement club in Div 3? If thats the case i don't think it is a very good move by the SAAFL and does it leave the door open for a club outside of the SAAFL to get in and not have to start down at Div 6.

i know a few clubs have expressed interest at this time but i think the kilburn problem is the bigger issue at the moment for the league
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby twobob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
twobob wrote:

i know a few clubs have expressed interest at this time but i think the kilburn problem is the bigger issue at the moment for the league

Are all these clubs Div 4 clubs
twobob
Rookie

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:21 pm

surely one of the div 4 clubs would take the opportunity to go up to div 3! EP would be the standout choice but not sure the footy club would want to!
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:29 pm

they didn't want to stay up last year when Brahma opted out of D3, so there is absolutely no logic to them jumping at the chance to go back up to a place they didn't want to stay at in the first place.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby wonder_kid » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:they didn't want to stay up last year when Brahma opted out of D3, so there is absolutely no logic to them jumping at the chance to go back up to a place they didn't want to stay at in the first place.

Nth haven ??? pooraka??
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby twobob » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 pm

wonder_kid wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:they didn't want to stay up last year when Brahma opted out of D3, so there is absolutely no logic to them jumping at the chance to go back up to a place they didn't want to stay at in the first place.

Nth haven ??? pooraka??

i don't think it would be a very smart move for North Haven
twobob
Rookie

Postby Jetters » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 pm

The SAAFL has set a very dangerous precedent.

Unless a club is hit with unforeseeable and extreme circumstances, it should not be allowed to (in the 'A' grades), more or less, choose its division.

It gives a club with poor management an opt out of the consequence of its poor management and encourages other clubs to run their clubs with a greater element of risk because they know, if they screw it up, the SAAFL will save them.

What a cock up.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:53 pm

Jetters wrote:The SAAFL has set a very dangerous precedent.

Unless a club is hit with unforeseeable and extreme circumstances, it should not be allowed to (in the 'A' grades), more or less, choose its division.

It gives a club with poor management an opt out of the consequence of its poor management and encourages other clubs to run their clubs with a greater element of risk because they know, if they screw it up, the SAAFL will save them.

What a cock up.

Sounds like you need to adopt a grading system like in social basketball. Play a few games and then allocate into divisions. Would solve all your issues.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Pag » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

What a cock up.

Sounds like you need to adopt a grading system like in social basketball. Play a few games and then allocate into divisions. Would solve all your issues.
Don't need to. Make a GF, go up. Finish bottom two, go down. Simple. Or, it should be.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:45 am

Pag wrote:

What a cock up.

Don't need to. Make a GF, go up. Finish bottom two, go down. Simple. Or, it should be.

I like how SFL people try to tell SAAFL people how to run divisions :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:59 am

Pag wrote:

]Don't need to. Make a GF, go up. Finish bottom two, go down. Simple. Or, it should be.

You're not just a hat rack hey Pag ;)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:00 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:Sounds like you need to adopt a grading system like in social basketball. Play a few games and then allocate into divisions. Would solve all your issues.

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Pag » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Pag wrote:

]Don't need to. Make a GF, go up. Finish bottom two, go down. Simple. Or, it should be.

You're not just a hat rack hey Pag ;)

Much, much more mate.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Boosh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 am

twobob wrote:
wonder_kid wrote:

Nth haven ??? pooraka??

i don't think it would be a very smart move for North Haven

North Haven would like to get into Div 3 but we would be prime candidates for relegation so probably wouldn't go for it
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:06 pm

Pag wrote:

What a cock up.

Totally agree, but 4 or 5 clubs stuff themselves up and now everyone is now expected to fall over themselves to save them.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:08 pm

HH3 wrote:
Pag wrote:

What a cock up.

I like how SFL people try to tell SAAFL people how to run divisions :lol:

I like how the SAAFL's rep team represents the entire state :lol:
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:25 pm

If your'e going to continue to come in here and fling shit like a chimpanzee, piss off.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:43 pm

when the SAAFL is the next biggest league after the SANFL of course it would represent the state.....country league would be dead with out players going from saafl to fill up the gaps or the leagues would be piss poor with hicks playing in them
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 pm

and what does this have to do with D4 was more my point... :lol:

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League