Salisbury
12%
Westminster OS
12%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Postby S Demon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:25 pm

marbles wrote:Your self injection of excellence is always a pleasure to witness

The div 4 contenders for the 2015 div 4 flag, are all refusing to go to div 3 cos they want an easy year and play finals without their players having to do any form of high octane gut running 4-quarter football

Therefore now the saafl or whoever are asking the non-contenders of div 4, to take up a year in div 3. So you tell me who would benefit the most

Or is everyone a big chicken shit and no one can handle the extreme quality of football in div 3

Wow its soooo scary up there, cant do that we are all weaklings, compared to div 3 clubs

Omg peoples raise the bar a bit. Get your football club to the top of the tree and deal with the requirements of being there

Maybe it's not just about the clubs not wanting go up, maybe it's about making the club that should go up more accountable
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:28 pm

twobob wrote:Perhaps this all could be fixed by promoting only the premiers. There has been many years where the competition has been fairly close and the second to bottom team has won a half a dozen games and gets relegated. Promote and relegate only one team and it may work a bit better.

Nope. The system is fine the way it is...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:46 am

Agree. The main problems have occurred the last 3 years. Don't want to sound crude but the main effected clubs have been ones without 16-18's in place. Something for clubs to work on.....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby eric » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:34 am

Sending a div 5 club up to div 3.. Lol.. Great idea. You could send the club broke at same time.. Seriously. Who thinks of this stuff. Why would you think of this stuff..
Hats off to Salis for sticking it no matter how tough it's been.
eric

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: South Whyalla

Postby Boosh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:14 pm

twobob wrote:Perhaps this all could be fixed by promoting only the premiers. There has been many years where the competition has been fairly close and the second to bottom team has won a half a dozen games and gets relegated. Promote and relegate only one team and it may work a bit better.

Personally I complete disagree with this, my club spent most of the year top of the table and lost the GF to a very good finals side it would be unfair for us to spend another year in Div 5.

We weren't good enough to win it all but we did enough to go onto Div 4 and if we were in Div 5 again with the same side but with finals experience I would back us in to be top all season hence creating an uneven competition.

Likewise Rosewater in Div 6.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Boosh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:20 pm

Diknbones wrote:Sending a div 5 club up to div 3.. Lol.. Great idea. You could send the club broke at same time.. Seriously. Who thinks of this stuff. Why would you think of this stuff..
Hats off to Salis for sticking it no matter how tough it's been.

If North Haven went into Div 3 it wouldn't hurt financially as our football budget is set based on the previous years earnings so we can't increase it. It is irrelevant anyway because our points are exhausted and further recruitment is not possible illustrating that if you do go up grades you must do it one at a time.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby adr107 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:49 pm

S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:Ie: What did PNU do to succeed up the divisions

They built a champion team... Not a team of champions.

Spent a bucket load of cash

On the right people.
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby marbles » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:13 pm

adr107 wrote:
S Demon wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:Ie: What did PNU do to succeed up the divisions

They built a champion team... Not a team of champions.

Spent a bucket load of cash

On the right people.

Maybe they just attended to all the requirements of being a successful div 3 club instead of saying nah its Xmas everything's a bit too hard right now lets go down a div :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Boosh wrote:

Personally I complete disagree with this, my club spent most of the year top of the table and lost the GF to a very good finals side it would be unfair for us to spend another year in Div 5.

We weren't good enough to win it all but we did enough to go onto Div 4 and if we were in Div 5 again with the same side but with finals experience I would back us in to be top all season hence creating an uneven competition.

I thought BOS finished top at the end of the minor round?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Yank Man » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:30 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Boosh wrote:

Correct hounds. By the way what are you doing on the Div 4 forum? Expecting to be there soon. Hahaha, you guys are an amazing club and if you keep your current group and top up a bit, you will be. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby twobob » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Yank Man wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Boosh wrote:

Correct hounds. By the way what are you doing on the Div 4 forum? Expecting to be there soon. Hahaha, you guys are an amazing club and if you keep
your current group and top up a bit, you will be. :D

I seem to recall CLGFC spent a fair bit of time on top last season Boosh. With your ideas on fairness maybe they should be in Div 4 as well
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Yank Man wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Boosh wrote:

Correct hounds. By the way what are you doing on the Div 4 forum? Expecting to be there soon. Hahaha, you guys are an amazing club and if you keep your current group and top up a bit, you will be. :D

Well I've told you many times before that I haven't played for BOS since 2009 :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:50 am

twobob wrote:I seem to recall CLGFC spent a fair bit of time on top last season Boosh. With your ideas on fairness maybe they should be in Div 4 as well

Yeah they were up there for a while but we finished the minor round top and won a Qualifying Final against them and the lost a prelim so I think we deserve to be in Div 4 and they don't.

Basically the current system works fine, only falls down when teams try move grades outside of the system.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:01 am

Not good enough to make the GF you don't deserve to go up. Regardless if you finish minor premiers......
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Not good enough to make the GF you don't deserve to go up. Regardless if you finish minor premiers......

I'm of the belief that it should be the other way around.
A team that has been the best side all year could get ravished with injuries come finals time and bow out in straight sets, I'd prefer to see the premiers and the minor premiers given the nod.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Not good enough to make the GF you don't deserve to go up. Regardless if you finish minor premiers......

A team that has been the best side all year could get ravished with injuries come finals time and bow out in straight sets, I'd prefer to see the premiers and the minor premiers given the nod.

What if the best team gets hit hard by injuries during the minor round and doesn't finish top?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

that's just bad luck... This isn't soccer.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:16 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

that's just bad luck... This isn't soccer.

Each to their own, it's not broken therefore it doesn't need fixing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Boosh » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Agreed.
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:50 pm

When does the season start?

When will a draw be out?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon