4%
Rosewater
13%
Woodville South
7%

Total votes : 98

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Postby human_torpedo » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:34 am

wristwatcher wrote:I heard Shaun Jacobsen has put his hand up to be as Scheffs assistant coach and club spokesperson in 2016 :shock:

At which club?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Inallseriousness » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:26 pm

I heard the Diff was apologetic BUT also said to Scheff "if you wanna play finals you better play me this week!"
Inallseriousness
Under 16s

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 106 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby FRED » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:44 pm

Para Hills, WOW
FRED
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:52 pm

FRED wrote:Para Hills, WOW

yeah, happened there?
rosewater to miss.
2 v 4 and 3 v 5 next week to decide home ground advantage in week 1 of the finals.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby scottroo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Para hills were brilliant, we had a number of changes due to the club being hit hard by the flu. Looking forward to bouncing back next week
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby oldman » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Does anyone actually know what is going on at Rosewater? Also what's the latest on the whole relegation and promotion for next year? Must say Div5 looks to be the most even Div in the SAAFL.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:18 pm

D5 is normally the most even.

There is a whole thread on how next years gradings will work. Go look at the Gradings 2016 thread.

Nothing much going on at Rosewater, except they've just missed out on finals.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby oldman » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:27 pm

There has to be something happening at Rosewater they either have had players leave or have been hit hard with injuries they are good enough to be playing finals for sure if everything was equal.
oldman
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Fair point, only Rosewater could answer that :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Mr Beefy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 pm

As has been pointed out, any team can beat any team on any given day. We dropped a few that were costly. Our best was good enough but we couldn't produce it often enough.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Danky$$ » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:13 am

Para hills for flag.,.. M Travis to turn it on
Danky$$
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby oldman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:54 am

Mr Beefy wrote:As has been pointed out, any team can beat any team on any given day. We dropped a few that were costly. Our best was good enough but we couldn't produce it often enough.

I guess now Rosewater can load up the B's and be unbeatable and make sure they win the B grade flag
oldman
Under 16s

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:24 am

BFG wrote:because im bored and someone needed to have a go to kickstart some discussion.
My prediction for the ladder at the end of R18

1. Elizabeth (Look to have some good ins and were a quality outfit last year, I'm wary of reading too much into trial games but anytime you beat an opponent from a higher div, you must have a half reasonnable side)
2. CLG (injuries killed us late last year and if things had gone differently couldve beaten havens out there in the qualifying to go straight through)
3. Para Hills ( Dynamite at home last year and have a lengthy list of ins, if they can start to win away from home, expect them to improve on last year)
4. CBCOC ( Good side last year when everything clicked, will have to be more consistent across the whole year this year but should be around the mark)
5. BOS ( div 6 premiers have historically gone well their first year in div 5, dont think this will be any exception, always tough playing at their home ground and have got a few decent ins)
6. Rosewater ( Grand finalist last year in div 6 and have a long list of ins, could finish much higher but time will tell.)
7. Luthies ( Didnt see anything of them last year and havent seen to much movement on the recruiting front, in an improved div 5 comp, may find wins hard to come by)
8. Greenacres ( Few ins, few outs at this stage, played some decent footy at times last year but may find this year a bit tougher)
9. Woody sth ( couple of big outs at this stage, werent disgraced in div 4 last year by any stretch but again in a tough comp i think they may struggle)
10. Pultney ( Havent heard too many good things out of Pultney, know they had a couple of good college kids coming up but its a big step up, my tip for the wooden spoon.)

Just my opinion guys and anything can happen before round 1 or even during the year!

BFG posted this at the beginning of the season.

Geez Giraffe... you were pretty much on the money here!

Footy Chick

Postby zedman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:08 am

zedman wrote:
CLG - finished 3rd, natural improvement sees them in the GF and early favorite
Elizabeth - finished 4th, good recruiting announced already and may become favorites after 9 rounds
CBCOC - strong B grade and good A grade squad, need to be a bit more consistent but can push for a top 2 spot with some recruits
Para Hills - appear to have gained some good players and had an awesome record at home in 2014, dark horse i reckon
Blackfriars - play a great style of football and have picked up 2 real good players with more to come perhaps?

Woodville South - maybe losing a few good ones to the country, could finish higher though under porters guidance
Rosewater - have better depth than previously in div 5 and with some pick ups could get a few places higher in their first year back
Greenacres - even with solid recruiting they have still lost some good ones as well, no depth in the B grade when injuries come
Adelaide Lutheran - relied on a few individuals to win some games last year..lacking class on the edges, somebody has to come 9th
Pulteney - seem to be on a spiral down but college clubs are known for changing things around very quickly

BFG copied mine FC..and HB to you! :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 am

Yeah I wonder how he all of a sudden got a clue ;)

And thanks :D

Footy Chick

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:18 pm

oldman wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:As has been pointed out, any team can beat any team on any given day. We dropped a few that were costly. Our best was good enough but we couldn't produce it often enough.

I guess now Rosewater can load up the B's and be unbeatable and make sure they win the B grade flag

I think we'll play our best side like any other club...except for a few who stack early.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby oldman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
oldman wrote:

I think we'll play our best side like any other club...except for a few who stack early.

Yeah I wonder which teams your talking about there could really only be 2 who could all the others should be going flat out to win games in the A's. I have seen a few games this year and expect CLG to take out the A grade and as for the B's I had originally thought they would win that as well but now I reckon rosewater are in the box seat as there A grade won't be playing finals so they will have some extra players to pick from.
oldman
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:40 am

oldman wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
oldman wrote:

Yeah I wonder which teams your talking about there could really only be 2 who could all the others should be going flat out to win games in the A's. I have seen a few games this year and expect CLG to take out the A grade and as for the B's I had originally thought they would win that as well but now I reckon rosewater are in the box seat as there A grade won't be playing finals so they will have some extra players to pick from.

Unless they started stacking their B's in round 8 I don't think there's much merit in that line of thinking. They'll have the luxury of some fringe players that qualified but that's about it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:20 pm

An outstanding 'club' performance by BOS to back up the div 6 flag in 2014 with the div 5 minor premiership in 2015. In our 10 year history we spent 3 years in div 5 playing in 2 A grade elimination finals, 1 B grade elimination final and then returned to div 6 in 2011.

As for our B grade, it has been a year of progress. We haven't set the world alight with results but after finishing 7th last year in div 6 we have backed up in a stronger competition to win 3 games, reduce margins across most other games and set up the opportunity to finish the year off at home with a win against Lutheran's. They were strong and proud on Saturday against a fierce opponent who bought every bit of intimidation they could in the first half and our lads stood up to the test. After a 20 odd point deficit in the first quarter they worked and worked to take the game by 12 points. A fair reversal from a 91 point loss in round 8.

Looking forward to round 18 and the finals campaign.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:31 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:An outstanding 'club' performance by BOS to back up the div 6 flag in 2014 with the div 5 minor premiership in 2015. In our 10 year history we spent 3 years in div 5 playing in 2 A grade elimination finals, 1 B grade elimination final and then returned to div 6 in 2011.

As for our B grade, it has been a year of progress. We haven't set the world alight with results but after finishing 7th last year in div 6 we have backed up in a stronger competition to win 3 games, reduce margins across most other games and set up the opportunity to finish the year off at home with a win against Lutheran's. They were strong and proud on Saturday against a fierce opponent who bought every bit of intimidation they could in the first half and our lads stood up to the test. After a 20 odd point deficit in the first quarter they worked and worked to take the game by 12 points. A fair reversal from a 91 point loss in round 8.

Looking forward to round 18 and the finals campaign.

Good to see Rosewater have suffered since the day they blew the siren 3 and a half minutes early in that Elimination Final. 8)
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League