Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:18 pm

Why is it you haven't been on unknown?
Things went south again so you disappeared and now things look semi bright so ur back?
Looking forward to the next 3-4 year cycle
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby TIRED TIGER » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:41 pm

If saafl let them play in Div 6 with all these supposed returns its a bloody joke.They should have taken their medicine and been relegated 1 year at a time till they found their right level.One tough year and here we go again listening to how good the Brahmas are.
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby unknown source » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:00 pm

went and got a life. you should try it ashman
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby unknown source » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 pm

whenever i see hope valley whinging i always think of 107 points
unknown source
League - Top 5

Postby The Ash Man » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Haha! Was that your average losing margin last year? From memory a 92 point GF loss in 2013 by you wasn't much better.
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:40 pm

The Ash Man wrote:Haha! Was that your average losing margin last year? From memory a 92 point GF loss in 2013 by you wasn't much better.

:lol: that was a good day.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Groover » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:38 pm

I guess I feel like I have to reply to a few comments on here as I have bitten my tongue long enough.
I for one can totally understand the hatred and critical comments we are copping as a club from a lot of outsiders looking in and can also understand the fact that this whole situation has played out horribly since the start of 2014.
But as someone who is involved in the process I can see that our club doesn't have much choice then to welcome back anyone who is willing to pull on a jumper in 2015.
To be honest, what happened in 2014 was embarassing, humiliating and definitely something that disappointed a lot of past players, current players and supporters after we worked hard as a collective to have our chance to try and match it in div3 (where we had never been before).
As things eventuated the circumstances put in front of us were brutal and we dealt with those the best way we saw fit.
There was no way we could have predicted in 2013 that everyone (bar a couple) would leave us in the situation of 2014 and there is no doubt that we could never have predicted the current situation that is now unfolding.
This whole series of events has left a bitter taste in the mouth of many, and what has happened will be a tag brahma has to go on living with.
From a club point of view, the only way forward is to focus on the short term to make sure we are still here in 3-5years (hence the recruitment of past players)
One thing I do hope we can do though is learn from these mistakes, get a junior club up and running so hopefully in 5 years time we can sustain our numbers and quality from within rather than relying on trying to gain others who may have some allegences elsewhere.
If this can happen, then the mistakes of the past shal not be repeated, and as a club we may be entitled to win back the respect of all the outsiders looking in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Jetters » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Groover wrote:I guess I feel like I have to reply to a few comments on here as I have bitten my tongue long enough.
I for one can totally understand the hatred and critical comments we are copping as a club from a lot of outsiders looking in and can also understand the fact that this whole situation has played out horribly since the start of 2014.
But as someone who is involved in the process I can see that our club doesn't have much choice then to welcome back anyone who is willing to pull on a jumper in 2015.
To be honest, what happened in 2014 was embarassing, humiliating and definitely something that disappointed a lot of past players, current players and supporters after we worked hard as a collective to have our chance to try and match it in div3 (where we had never been before).
As things eventuated the circumstances put in front of us were brutal and we dealt with those the best way we saw fit.
There was no way we could have predicted in 2013 that everyone (bar a couple) would leave us in the situation of 2014 and there is no doubt that we could never have predicted the current situation that is now unfolding.
This whole series of events has left a bitter taste in the mouth of many, and what has happened will be a tag brahma has to go on living with.
From a club point of view, the only way forward is to focus on the short term to make sure we are still here in 3-5years (hence the recruitment of past players)
One thing I do hope we can do though is learn from these mistakes, get a junior club up and running so hopefully in 5 years time we can sustain our numbers and quality from within rather than relying on trying to gain others who may have some allegences elsewhere.
If this can happen, then the mistakes of the past shal not be repeated, and as a club we may be entitled to win back the respect of all the outsiders looking in.

Take some ownership for your f#ck ups!

Learn from these mistakes...will you be paying 1 cent to anyone who abandoned you and put into this embarrassing mess?
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Groover » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:30 pm

Jetters wrote:
Groover wrote:I guess I feel like I have to reply to a few comments on here as I have bitten my tongue long enough.

What a wank.

Of course you do, show some character and rebuild like an honest club would.

So you are saying we shouldn't welcome back anyone and continue to have players playing a grade football when they are clearly still in the process of learning the game?

I don't think you understand what position the club is in my friend. Your thoughts have been narrow minded and it clearly shows that you would rather bag a club for doing its darnedest to stay alive, yet still give the opportunity to those who want to have a go.

Groover
League - Top 5

Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Groover » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:34 pm

Jetters wrote:

Take some ownership for your f#ck ups!

Learn from these mistakes...will you be paying 1 cent to anyone who abandoned you and put into this embarrassing mess?

You think I believe anyone should be payed in the first place?
Money is the ONE thing that has ruined football and clubs.
But to survive you must compete and throw some coin around, otherwise someone else will. It's a cruel process, but unfortunately it's the times we live in.

The only solution is to stamp out player payments at an amateur level, but we all know that could not and would not ever happen.

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:45 pm

Players have elite football talents that deserve payments

Please execute your tremendous footballing ability at our club, we our drinkers at the bar will pay u lots of money to do it
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Groover » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Also, just so you have all the statistics, 6 players from our last gf side have returned to the club thus far. Hardly worth the uproar that it has caused IMO. It's not like all 20 that left have returned.

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby Groover » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:49 pm

marbles wrote:Players have elite football talents that deserve payments

Please execute your tremendous footballing ability at our club, we our drinkers at the bar will pay u lots of money to do it

Players that have elite talents should be playing at an elite level if they feel they deserve to be paid. Otherwise call it the saspfl (South Australian semi professional football league)

Groover
League - Top 5

Postby catchisthecry » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:40 am

I think Brahma Lodge should not be eligible to play off for the premiership until they return to Div 4.
Can be promoted if make the GF, but 2v3 play for the flag and the winner is promoted with BL.
They don't deserve more premiership medallions for choosing to go down 3 grades.
catchisthecry
League Bench Warmer

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:06 am

Groover wrote:Also, just so you have all the statistics, 6 players from our last gf side have returned to the club thus far. Hardly worth the uproar that it has caused IMO. It's not like all 20 that left have returned.

the uproar is (from my stand point is) for years you bag and hang Sh*t on other clubs when you lot were going great, now things got a little tough and you take your bat and ball and head down 3 divs and you want people to be ok with that and feel sorry for you!!! You guys have have made an absolute mockery of the system... Now you look like being super competitive in D6 with a bunch of blokes who helped you get to a GF last year and just like that day, the following season they went missing!!!

I bet a lot of other clubs wish they could have people on the executive to give them what they want.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Groover » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:32 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Groover wrote:Also, just so you have all the statistics, 6 players from our last gf side have returned to the club thus far. Hardly worth the uproar that it has caused IMO. It's not like all 20 that left have returned.

the uproar is (from my stand point is) for years you bag and hang Sh*t on other clubs when you lot were going great, now things got a little tough and you take your bat and ball and head down 3 divs and you want people to be ok with that and feel sorry for you!!! You guys have have made an absolute mockery of the system... Now you look like being super competitive in D6 with a bunch of blokes who helped you get to a GF last year and just like that day, the following season they went missing!!!

I bet a lot of other clubs wish they could have people on the executive to give them what they want.

The only thing the people on the executive are guilty of are using their power to enforce the rules and regulations of the league, to which they are entitled to do.
Im sure if 2 other clubs wanted to be promoted for salisbury west this year then they would end up in div5 as well.
No special concessions here mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby citycoaster17 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:50 am

I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program. To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Informer » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:12 am

citycoaster17 wrote:I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program.
To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides
. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.

And that you can respect, not clubs who just bring out the big cheque book and then rub it in the faces off clubs who don't think people should be getting paid in Div 6.

These blokes who jump from club to club for money are just killing the hard work of loyal club men.
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:44 am

No offence Groover but if I was you I'd let this all ride out, the Lodge is going to come under fire and you should not feel responsible in any way, you were one of the ones who showed some balls and fought out the long haul.
The Lodge have been trying to piece together a solid junior program for the best part of the last 10 years, it's always going to be a tough assignment given the geographic location with the likes of Para Hills, Pooraka, Ingle Farm, Salisbury and Salisbury West being so close, maybe instead of throwing money at players they should offer juniors free registration until they are up and running.
You guys weren't close to folding, you tasted disappointment for the first time in quite a while, it is the minority out at the Lodge that have left the sour taste in the mouths of others with the gloating.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 am

citycoaster17 wrote:I can understand why BL have taken the road they have, yes, they will cop some criticism, but having done it the hard way previously with Lockleys, It definitely took its toll on the committee, and the players. In saying that, Lockleys have had an amazing turn around since the early 2000's. In 2000, we finished third in div 4, but then followed a mass exodus of players back to the country. In 2001, we didn't win a game, 2002 we won 1 game, found ourselves in div6 with a very limited junior program. To the credit of all involved, a great deal of hard work from loyal club people, worked tirelessly to really kick start the juniors. I'm not sure of the numbers they have now, but Lockleys are seeing those kids, now coming through, and playing some really good senior footy, and now have consistent numbers for 3 senior sides. They did it the hard way, and I'm really sure all that hard work will see them gain the success they deserve over the coming years.

A big difference, Brahma Lodge has not done it the hard way, they spent up big, became successful, stopped spending, got flogged.

Doing it the hard way is keeping 20 or so 100 game players that stick together through success and failure and play for the guernsey.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League