29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:22 am

Is it really happening about SPOSFC up and running?? And to be playing in the same Div as Mawson Lakes. Cmon this has to be a joke right? I went to school at St Paul's and immediately after finishing Year 12 played for the old scholars (1999). I've played over 200 games for that club and seen alot of good times. I also played with alot of ex scholars too and we all enjoyed a lot of good years. Once we moved on to Mawson Lakes and changed the name from SPOSFC to MLFC we still kept the heritage of the football club.
Now that someone has decided to get the "So-Called-Old-Scholars" up and running again. As a past student and player, I feel that it is very dis-respectful and that the league should not allow it as there is already a club in the SAAFL with associaion with St Pauls already.
It will be a shame if the league were to approve this.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:42 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Is it really happening about SPOSFC up and running?? And to be playing in the same Div as Mawson Lakes. Cmon this has to be a joke right? I went to school at St Paul's and immediately after finishing Year 12 played for the old scholars (1999). I've played over 200 games for that club and seen alot of good times. I also played with alot of ex scholars too and we all enjoyed a lot of good years. Once we moved on to Mawson Lakes and changed the name from SPOSFC to MLFC we still kept the heritage of the football club.
Now that someone has decided to get the "So-Called-Old-Scholars" up and running again. As a past student and player, I feel that it is very dis-respectful and that the league should not allow it as there is already a club in the SAAFL with associaion with St Pauls already.

I really don't see how that's the League's Problem.

If I wanted to start up a second PACOCFC named the Prince Alfred Old Boys Football Club and can fufil all the criteria to join the league why should the league put a stop to it?

I would have thought had the Committee at Mawson Lakes extended a hand of friendship to the new club earlier a lot of common ground could have been found.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:48 am

How do you know they haven't?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1741 times
Been liked: 2148 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:54 am

Footy Chick wrote:How do you know they haven't?

Because the borderline whinging would be a lot more palpable if included in it was that they had and it was spurned.

More to the point - Have they?
Last edited by jo172 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:56 am

no_remorse28 wrote:
Groover wrote:Link to fixture please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe only a draft version has been released to the clubs?

But Phantom Gossiper tellls me the Rd 1 draw is:

St Pauls OS v Trinity OS
Fitzroy v Mawson Lakes
Smithfield v Central United
Lockleys v West Croydon
Brahma Lodge v Ingle Farm.

Apparently SAAFL have also scheduled Smithfield v Ingle Farm at Smithfield on ANZAC Day?! Surely they are taking the p*ss?! :shock:

Last edited by the milky bar kid on Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:56 am

If we were playing hot/cold, you'd be freezing.

Plenty of Mozzies here, not for me to reveal the extent of any discussions. If they dont' want to tell us, it's probably for a reason.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:00 am

I tell ya right now that if the "Original SPOSFC" were treated alot better in the past. They may still have been there. But through some unfortunate situations and a chance to re-establish themselves. They moved to Mawson Lakes and established themselves there. I tell ya now that it was the clubs choice to move, but it was the club that was forced out through no problems but the schools.
It seems to me that St Paul's College is the only private school out of all the big private schools to not want to fully endorse the old scholars. You just have to look at the likes of Scotch OC, Sacred Heart OC, Rostrevor, St Peters OC, St Ignatias OC, Pulteney OC, etc.... to see how well they are doing. Its because the school really goes out of there way to endorse the Old Scholars.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:02 am

That's because St Pauls isn't a footy school and hasn't been for years. IF we were playing soccer, they'd have a million OS teams.

I believe they didn't even actually have a school 1st XVIII for quite some time.

Footy Chick

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:02 am

jo172 wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Is it really happening about SPOSFC up and running?? And to be playing in the same Div as Mawson Lakes. Cmon this has to be a joke right? I went to school at St Paul's and immediately after finishing Year 12 played for the old scholars (1999). I've played over 200 games for that club and seen alot of good times. I also played with alot of ex scholars too and we all enjoyed a lot of good years. Once we moved on to Mawson Lakes and changed the name from SPOSFC to MLFC we still kept the heritage of the football club.

I really don't see how that's the League's Problem.

If I wanted to start up a second PACOCFC named the Prince Alfred Old Boys Football Club and can fufil all the criteria to join the league why should the league put a stop to it?

I would have thought had the Committee at Mawson Lakes extended a hand of friendship to the new club earlier a lot of common ground could have been found.

From memory, didn't didn't the old SPOS move to & change the name to help attract new players /take advantage of a brand new population base.
Subsequently they dropped the official link, as seen by SP old scholars now not being included in the points system. (I'm pretty sure, it's that way)
Can't have it both ways B4E.

FWIW, I think the MLFC committee has handled this issue quite well, by just going on about their own business.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:17 am

Hmmm well lets see now MBK. I was a past player having joined in 1999 and played my last game in 2013 (229 games). I was there when we were at the school and I was there when we moved to Mawson Lakes. The first year that we played at Mawson Lakes, we were still registered as SPOSFC. It wasn't til the year after that we changed the name to MLFC but still incorporated SPOSFC in our heritage and also on the gurnsey.

Did we deliberately move to Mawson Lakes oval to recruit new players and take advantage of the area? No.

Once we decided to move away from the school (through no fault of ours but the way the school look out for us), naturally we would have taken the opportunity to broaden our list with the area that we had moved to.

I agree that football at St Paul's College now is not as big as when I was at school (1998) and that soccer, basketball and other sports are more favoured. And yes at one stage there wasnt even a First VIII. But that doesnt say that Mawson Lakes FC doesnt deserve to have the SPOSFC heritage. I just think personally that it would be a kick in the guts to some of the current players / commitee members and past players. Just my opinion thats all.
Last edited by Bombers4EVA on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:26 am

I think we should start up the SAFooty Penguins...
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 pm

I am not understanding why you are so upset B4E? What relevance does SPOS reforming have to do with MLFC now? Understand there is history, but Mawson Lakes have now begun forging their own name, brand and history.

From what i've heard, Mawson Lakes dont get any kick backs from St Pauls now do they? They don't attract Old Scholars coming out of school etc into their senior program? Apart from that history, what link do Mawson Lakes have to St Pauls now?

You said yourself the club made the decision to move away from St Pauls to Mawson Lakes, made the decision to change their name etc. THEIR CHOICE.

You said the decisions were for the better of the club because how the school treated you - so why are you so upset?! If the school or a group of players want to try and form a side then how does it affect your life?

It doesn't, i dont even think you know what you are talking about.

Good luck to SPOSFC 2015!
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:06 pm

it will mean all the trophies, honour boards photos of SPOSFC from the past be removed from Mawson Lakes FC yeah?

both clubs to have the same colour guernseys
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 pm

marbles wrote:it will mean all the trophies, honour boards photos of SPOSFC from the past be removed from Mawson Lakes FC yeah?

Why? Mawson Lakes choose to acknowledge their roots and history of SPOSFC. It just means to me that their SPOSFC records moving forward will be reflected from their performances, not Mawson Lakes and likewise Mawson Lakes wouldn't stake claims to success SPOSFC have in the future.

Same Colour guernseys - well if that's the biggest problem the people need to grow up, plenty of clubs share the same mascot or club colours etc. :roll:
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't think you have any idea No Remorse. Did you play for them all those years ago? Were you there when the transition happened? Do you know the reason for why SPOSFC moved to Mawson Lakes? I highly doubt it. Do I know what I am talking about? Yes I do. I may not get my point across as clearly as you would like. But it's my opinion and that is my right. I agree to some of the facts you have stated. MLFC has always since moving away from the school and changing its name. Always supported and continued to uphold the heritage of SPOSFC. And like I have said previously. I am a past student and player that has done a long service to the old scholars and MLFC. I just cant see how its going to work. Does MLFC hand back all the honour boards and have SPOSFC removed off the gurnseys??
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:25 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:
marbles wrote:it will mean all the trophies, honour boards photos of SPOSFC from the past be removed from Mawson Lakes FC yeah?

Why? Mawson Lakes choose to acknowledge their roots and history of SPOSFC. It just means to me that their SPOSFC records moving forward will be reflected from their performances, not Mawson Lakes and likewise Mawson Lakes wouldn't stake claims to success SPOSFC have in the future.

Same Colour guernseys - well if that's the biggest problem the people need to grow up, plenty of clubs share the same mascot or club colours etc. :roll:

err hello SPOSFC people are jumping ship no longer want a Mawson Lakes identity

your saying the people who remain at mawson lakes are gonna still be flying the flag for SPOSFC, hanging up all the premiership flags of SPOSFC in the mawson lakes clubrooms

as if

AND the SPOSFC clubrooms where it it will be, arent going to be demanding all their trophies, photos back?

this is a divorce champ, and is gonna get messy
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:29 pm

this whole move is surely a grab at ensuring footballers from the high school continue on to SPOSFC, because i gather when they leave high school they are not heading to mawson lakes fc anymore and are being lost

this is is a private school enterprise trying keep a leash on their high school graduates
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:39 pm

marbles wrote:this whole move is surely a grab at ensuring footballers from the high school continue on to SPOSFC, because i gather when they leave high school they are not heading to mawson lakes fc anymore and are being lost

this is is a private school enterprise trying keep a leash on their high school graduates

why do they need to keep a leash on them?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby marbles » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:this whole move is surely a grab at ensuring footballers from the high school continue on to SPOSFC, because i gather when they leave high school they are not heading to mawson lakes fc anymore and are being lost

well would the high school be at ease if the sacred heart high school footballers, went to play for henley after graduating?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Cohiba » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:25 pm

marbles wrote:
Q. wrote:

well would the high school be at ease if the sacred heart high school footballers, went to play for henley after graduating?

Not as much as if they were from Sacred Heart College....... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League