Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
No, there is no requirement, but if the club chooses not to make an official statement then whatever speculation occurs is fair game.

There is no need to moderate discussion on it if the club is unwilling to clarify.

What the Brahma Lodge Football Club choose to do really has f*** all to any of, I'm sure they have their reasons to which they'll have to announce to their playing group and members.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Nichdanmatt » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:16 pm

who would want to be a coach,so many things can go wrong even with the best list,good luck wayne.
Nichdanmatt
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: West Croydon

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:17 pm

From what I hear Beef, the fact it had to be done over the phone is symbolic of the problem in that his job has changed and he's in Melbourne from Monday to Friday. (Stand to be corrected) Tell me you'd be happy with schueffle only turning up on Saturdays and being 0-3
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Nichdanmatt wrote:who would want to be a coach,so many things can go wrong even with the best list,good luck wayne.

I think you answered your own question.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:23 pm

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:From what I hear Beef, the fact it had to be done over the phone is symbolic of the problem in that his job has changed and he's in Melbourne from Monday to Friday. (Stand to be corrected) Tell me you'd be happy with schueffle only turning up on Saturdays and being 0-3

I'm sure @Beef couldn't care less if Schueffele only turned up on Saturdays
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Q. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Does a sacked coach get paid out their contract?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Q. wrote:Does a sacked coach get paid out their contract?

Ha, I've been wondering the same question, surely he does unless he hasn't fulfilled his obligations.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:56 pm

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:From what I hear Beef, the fact it had to be done over the phone is symbolic of the problem in that his job has changed and he's in Melbourne from Monday to Friday. (Stand to be corrected) Tell me you'd be happy with schueffle only turning up on Saturdays and being 0-3

I was in Melbourne every second week which the committee was well aware of before the season started. I had 2 senior assistants which were to take training under my direction on that week which was agreed upon. Til last night.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:

I was in Melbourne every second week which the committee was well aware of before the season started. I had 2 senior assistants which were to take training under my direction on that week which was agreed upon. Til last night.

As I said, stand to be corrected.
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:

Magic words bolded. DO you mind me asking if they were they aware of this before you signed as coach though? I understand if you're not up for 20 questions... but at least someone is answering them.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Half Back Flanker » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Half Back Flanker wrote:

Magic words bolded. DO you mind me asking if they were they aware of this before you signed as coach though? I understand if you're not up for 20 questions... but at least someone is answering them.

No my situation changed at the end of pre season. It was unfortunate but work had to come first.
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”
Half Back Flanker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 167 times

Postby whufc » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:Does a sacked coach get paid out their contract?

Ha, I've been wondering the same question, surely he does unless he hasn't fulfilled his obligations.

Would not making training sessions be not fulfilling his contract

Don't wanna offend anyone but I can see why brahma made the move unless they knew the coach may have been moving interstate when they appointed him

It can't be a great situation not having the coach at training and to then go 0-3 with a talented list turns the whispers into screams

I would imagine the assistant coaches wouldn't have looked to kindly either on doing all the 'hard yards' during the week only to take a back seat on a Saturday

Rightly or wrongly the head coach generally takes the brunt of the ups and downs and unfortunatly in this situation there are to many 'easy excuses' that a club can use for the poor results and there is one obvious excuse here

I'm sorry if this offends but it's just my opinion

Good luck to all parties in the future
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:18 pm

With amateur sports coaching when circumstances change it can be difficult. Best to try and make it work but obviously the board felt it wasn't working. As stated earlier I have been involved with a sacking of a coach we tried as a board to come up with an alternative solution but in the end felt it wasn't going to work.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby TIRED TIGER » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:51 pm

[quote="Demon Juke"]Was told yesterday that the Brahma lodge coach has had a change of employment and no longer he can make training. He just turns up on a saturday to coach, I didn't believe this but is this why Brahma have struggled so far if it is true.[/quot

Looks like your source was on the money Demon Juke
TIRED TIGER
Reserves

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 46 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Yank Man » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:22 pm

I've been on both sides, having to 'retire a coach' and getting sacked. It's never easy and frankly getting sacked made me a better coach. It taught me to work harder, get credentials and listen to the natives. I still have massive respect for the club that sacked me because they showed enormous character and did it to my face. I still pick up the Mail every Sunday and see how they are going. That was 10 years ago.

So credit to them, I've coached 2 premierships and been involved with 2 others since then. Thank you.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:25 pm

beef wrote:
Diknbones wrote:Zartan you are full of poo. Not sure where you get your info from but serious. If you going to talk crap at least be in the ball park.
Also 5 coaches since Payne left? I thought I couldn't count. Pffft..

I said 4 since payne left
Whelan (lasted a long time)
Schomann
Knowles
Whoevere is lucky enough to get the job now
Think that adds up to 4, better get my calculator

Was Azza coach for a while then quit.
Last edited by Demon Juke on Fri May 01, 2015 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Bigshow82 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
beef wrote:
Diknbones wrote:Zartan you are full of poo. Not sure where you get your info from but serious. If you going to talk crap at least be in the ball park.
Also 5 coaches since Payne left? I thought I couldn't count. Pffft..

I said 4 since payne left
Whelan (lasted a long time)
Schomann
Knowles
Whoevere is lucky enough to get the job now
Think that adds up to 4, better get my calculator

Was Azza coach for awhile then quiet

No he was going to coach the B grade but work commitments prevented him from doing so.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Has anybody been appointed for this week to coach Brahma or maybe CAREY might do for a week as he knows the unit's inside out!
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Robran » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:03 am

Demon Juke wrote:Has anybody been appointed for this week to coach Brahma or maybe CAREY might do for a week as he knows the unit's inside out!

Have heard Matty Leigh will do this week as for a coach to take over have heard of a couple of people but that's up to the lodge to tell all. Hopefully the club can find who they think will lead the club forward and move on. Will not be the great Carey though as he is going to peace for 6 weeks to help on his wife's family farm..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:40 am

Robran wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Has anybody been appointed for this week to coach Brahma or maybe CAREY might do for a week as he knows the unit's inside out!

Have heard Matty Leigh will do this week as for a coach to take over have heard of a couple of people but that's up to the lodge to tell all. Hopefully the club can find who they think will lead the club forward and move on. Will not be the great Carey though as he is going to peace for 6 weeks to help on his wife's family farm..

Do you know where I can send my resumé?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League