29%
Trinity OS
3%
West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby cossi11 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Tim Aloisi gets the ball simple as that he is switched on has pace but can be ran down he is a dangerous forward line player

i rate Ashby more he has the skill to destroy div 6 can play midfield or forward lines either way take a decent player to shut both down and still would struggle

IMO Ashby is a better all round footballer as you can play him in the midfield or up forward and he is very damaging. Aloisi's strengths lie in the forward line which is why he mainly plays up there and generally delivers.

Is Ashby playing more of a midfield role with spells up forward or in the forward line with spells on the ball? If Ashby is spending more time up forward then I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys go top 2 in the goal kicking, although playing in the midfield has never stopped Ashby kicking bags of goals before.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Am I understanding right that if Ingle Farms Cgrade have another incident that their A and B grade will lose all points? That would make the Agrade coach a touch on the nervous side I would of thought? Almost worth pulling the Cgrade out.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 20, 2015 2:40 pm

I believe the penalties were revealed on Monday night at the delegates meeting and were quite hefty.

Please keep discussion respectful.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed May 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Real stiff if the whole club loses points for the C grades actions.. I would be genuinely filthy as an A/B grader if I lost my points for the C grades actions, would drive a serious divide in the club wouldn't it?
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 20, 2015 2:55 pm

That's the whole point.

If clubs don't bother weeding out the bad seeds, the whole club will suffer in the end. How many times can bad seeds stuff up before a club says "piss off, we don't want you here"

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Wed May 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Club would rather not comment on the matter..

"Six (6) Premiership points deducted from all Ingle Farm Football Club senior football teams should any Ingle Farm Football Club player, official or team be found guilty of a reportable offence including bringing the League into disrepute via the use of social media"
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Zartan wrote:Club would rather not comment on the matter..

"Six (6) Premiership points deducted from all Ingle Farm Football Club senior football teams should any Ingle Farm Football Club player, official or team be found guilty of a reportable offence including bringing the League into disrepute via the use of social media"

Thanks Zartan..understood.

Footy Chick

Postby Arch44 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:15 pm

That's huge. And a bit of a grey area for bringing the "league in disrepute" that all comes down to interpretation.
Does that cover the women's team as well? It was mentioned of an all in brawl in that comp too although the clubs weren't named would hate it even more to lose 6 points because the women misbehave.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Wed May 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Agree Arch. And think it going too far RE social media stuff.

A persons social media account is exactly that, their social media account. You can't hold an entire club full of people responsible for a private individuals social media content. Would have thought it would be wise to keep it related to on field stuff - thin edge of the wedge and all that.

Also, as C and B Grade games are umpired by club umpires you would think there would be a little bit more discretion built into how "guilty of a reportable offence" is adjudicated. Would hate for all of the teams to lose their points because of an over zealous club umpire.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Q. » Wed May 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Club umpires are on close watch, I believe one club umpire has been suspended and another is on notice.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Wow!! no dissent will be allowed!

Soon to be renamed the North Korean Football League
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed May 20, 2015 9:19 pm

morell wrote:Agree Arch. And think it going too far RE social media stuff.

A persons social media account is exactly that, their social media account. You can't hold an entire club full of people responsible for a private individuals social media content. Would have thought it would be wise to keep it related to on field stuff - thin edge of the wedge and all that.

Yet they are holding an entire club full of people responsible for one individual's actions on a Saturday if someone happens to get reported.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby giffo » Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Also, as C and B Grade games are umpired by club umpires you would think there would be a little bit more discretion built into how "guilty of a reportable offence" is adjudicated. Would hate for all of the teams to lose their points because of an over zealous club umpire.

Yes they can. It's quite clearly stated in Appendix 12 of the SACFL Rules & Regulations. http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/Pages/p ... 1_2014.pdf
I know Lockleys & a few other clubs have their own policies in place as well.
giffo
Reserves

Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Computer Crashed » Thu May 21, 2015 8:54 am

Thats just great.
Hats off to the individual.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:51 am

Is it true that Ingle Farm are having a crisis meeting tonight at training and might be closing the doors on the club coz they can't meet the list of expectations handed down from the league?
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 9:57 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Yet they are holding an entire club full of people responsible for one individual's actions on a Saturday if someone happens to get reported.
And therein lies the difference. Individual actions, on a Saturday, where they are representing the club.

You don't represent the club when you post on your individual Social Media accounts. Unless it's the official club account or something.

Ridiculous and draconian from the SAAFL - hope that isn't bringing it into disrepute. :roll:
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 10:04 am

giffo wrote:

Yes they can. It's quite clearly stated in Appendix 12 of the SACFL Rules & Regulations. http://www.saafl.asn.au/uploads/Pages/p ... 1_2014.pdf
I know Lockleys & a few other clubs have their own policies in place as well.
Having a guideline in place and a policy != removing points for an individual not following that guideline.

Think about the precedent this would create - employers, social groups and clubs being responsible for individuals posts on social media. Absolutely absurd and to be honest it reeks of people not understanding social media and trying to control and regulate it. More often than not, the organisations that do try and regulate it end up feeling the full force of its wrath.

Of course, official club accounts and pages which DO represent the entirety of the club are a different kettle of fish and should be held to a higher standard - which is what i am hoping this "ruling" is referring to.
morell
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 21, 2015 10:16 am

Morell wrote:Think about the precedent this would create - employers, social groups and clubs being responsible for individuals posts on social media. Absolutely absurd and to be honest it reeks of people not understanding social media and trying to control and regulate it. More often than not, the organisations that do try and regulate it end up feeling the full force of its wrath.

Too late, it already happens, our workplace have a very strict social media policy. I used to have a lot of work friends on FB, until one day i had a whinge about a particular customer and someone fed it back to my TM.

All work "friends" bar those I see out of work were subsequently dumped the next day.

Footy Chick

Postby Q. » Thu May 21, 2015 10:51 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Morell wrote:Think about the precedent this would create - employers, social groups and clubs being responsible for individuals posts on social media. Absolutely absurd and to be honest it reeks of people not understanding social media and trying to control and regulate it. More often than not, the organisations that do try and regulate it end up feeling the full force of its wrath.

Too late, it already happens, our workplace have a very strict social media policy. I used to have a lot of work friends on FB, until one day i had a whinge about a particular customer and someone fed it back to my TM.

All work "friends" bar those I see out of work were subsequently dumped the next day.

SBS have sacked journalists for having an opinion on social media.

One of them is suing SBS now.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 10:54 am

Q. wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

SBS have sacked journalists for having an opinion on social media.

One of them is suing SBS now.

Paid professionals though, not D6 or lower amateur footballers playing for the social/enjoyment aspect that is supposed to be the underlying reason people continue to play sport.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League