West Croydon
15%

Total votes : 68

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 21, 2015 12:34 pm

morell wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:
Of course, and as I said, I am assuming this ruling for Ingle Farm is related to their official club social media accounts, not private individuals.

Actually, this ruling is for all clubs on any social media platforms, like this one for instance.

Including Mitchell Park 8)

Geddit? ;)
Oh for goodness sake. I can't believe this is even an argument or that people are trying to defend it.

The SAAFL cannot punish a club for the content of an individual's social media. It's that simple.

Just like my employer and football club has no responsibility if I get a speeding fine, or punch someone, or break any other number of innumerate policies, rules and laws in my own time - UNLESS I am acting on behalf of my employer or organisation.

Think about it for second - they're effectively saying the Football Club is responsible for their players private lives, at all times, under all circumstances.

What they should have said:

1. Any registered Ingle Farm player which brings the SAAFL into disrepute by posting on Social Media will be deregistered by the Executive Committee at their discretion.

2. Any Social Media content which is administered by the club that brings the SAAFL into disrepute will result in a loss of points for all teams.

Anyway. back to footy. As clearly that's more interesting.

There are a lot of (older) league officials across a number of leagues in SA who have a very negative opinion of this site. I have heard a number openly declare their disgust that their decisions are questioned on the various forums here.

They do not realise the gift they have been given in this era. All the heresay and rumour that used to be discussed and spread at the bar, or workplaces is now communicated here, and often corrected promptly. The officials have a method to monitor what is being said, what is the perception out in the community, and act or respond accordingly.

Instead it (social media) is being viewed as an evil that must be restrained.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 21, 2015 12:44 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I think all games this weekend are interesting in their own way..

ML v BL. Brahma on the up, Mawsons have played patches of good footy, Brahma should win but no certainty

Fitzroy v CU. Fitzroy ravaged by injury, CU could sniff an upset

Smitty v WC. 2 sides who run hard forward, very damaging sides, who wins control of the footy in the middle probably wins this

Trinity v IF. Zartan's boy Cotter on fire with 17 from 3 games, im sure they will put a lot of time into him, but can he be stopped in this form? Both sides need the win so should be a cracker.. Also a chance that Fraser back in, and we know what that means for Trinity thus far this season..

LOL

not sure that's worth a capital letter lol but thanks anyway

Soz, you wrote pretty much the exact same thing as I did at the same time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 12:51 pm

Yeah top post LGIL. As I said it reeked of people not understanding it. I am quite often entertained about people's paranoia and misunderstanding of social media and forums in general. Not to mention their attempts to regulate it because of those misunderstandings and fears.

Trust me, the more regulation you try and implement, the more you will need ;)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 21, 2015 1:00 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
There are a lot of (older) league officials across a number of leagues in SA who have a very negative opinion of this site. I have heard a number openly declare their disgust that their decisions are questioned on the various forums here.

They do not realise the gift they have been given in this era. All the heresay and rumour that used to be discussed and spread at the bar, or workplaces is now communicated here, and often corrected promptly. The officials have a method to monitor what is being said, what is the perception out in the community, and act or respond accordingly.

Well said - a forum is a place where these things should be able to be discussed - however, as we're all aware, there are always those keyboard warriors (like LGIL) that will take any opportunity to have a pot shot or will post crap to try and get another club into trouble which is when I have to step in to, if nothing else, protect the clubs from the crap.

I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

What would you all do if I said that you couldn't post anything derogatory about anything and that al posts had to be about butterflies and sunshine?

Hmm?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Arch44 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:09 pm

That happens in Div 7 thread with sheep and worms etc.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu May 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I think all games this weekend are interesting in their own way..

ML v BL. Brahma on the up, Mawsons have played patches of good footy, Brahma should win but no certainty

Fitzroy v CU. Fitzroy ravaged by injury, CU could sniff an upset

Smitty v WC. 2 sides who run hard forward, very damaging sides, who wins control of the footy in the middle probably wins this

Trinity v IF. Zartan's boy Cotter on fire with 17 from 3 games, im sure they will put a lot of time into him, but can he be stopped in this form? Both sides need the win so should be a cracker.. Also a chance that Fraser back in, and we know what that means for Trinity thus far this season..

LOL

not sure that's worth a capital letter lol but thanks anyway

Soz, you wrote pretty much the exact same thing as I did at the same time.

Ahhhh, gotchya! Great minds think alike they say mate!
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Pag » Thu May 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Zartan wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The Lodge have the long trek down Main North Road passing through 4 sets of traffic lights to take on the winless but competitive Mawson Lakes.

Did anyone else just count the sets of traffic lights in their head when reading this? :lol: :lol:

I did. Clayson/Frost, McIntyre/Kings, Elder Smith/Maxwell, Mawson Lakes Boulevard. He's on the money.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

What would you all do if I said that you couldn't post anything derogatory about anything and that al posts had to be about butterflies and sunshine?

Hmm?
You're doing a great job FC. And that's not a suck up. I've been on internet forums since Adam was a twinkle in his Dad's eye (even moderated a few) there haven't been any better mods. :)

All social media forums need moderation and guidelines to ensure the content adheres to the community standards. But it is up to that community to set those standards, not anyone else.

I would post very differently on my club's official facebook page, than I do on here, I post very differently on 8Chan that I do Reddit etc, based on those communities guidelines.

That's the thing people always miss if they're not actively involved, it's Social, meaning you don't control the content, the hive mind does.

The SAAFL trying to regulate individual social media accounts has resulted in this discussion. Case in point. :D Their attempt to remove or reduce criticism has resulted in more.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 pm

if i went on social media and had a massive vent at the local traffic lights that cost me $409 for red light camera...

do i and all the members of my family each lose demerit points for my poor conduct on social media?

edit: massive :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby morell » Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Far out marbles, that's about three times in a row we've been in agreement.
morell
Coach

Postby marbles » Thu May 21, 2015 2:50 pm

morell wrote:Far out marbles, that's about three times in a row we've been in agreement.

best friends forever!!!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Failed Creation » Thu May 21, 2015 3:34 pm

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Far out marbles, that's about three times in a row we've been in agreement.

best friends forever!!!

Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 5:10 pm

At the risk of copping the wrath of FB...

Thoughts on this lineup?
D6.JPG
D6.JPG (84.46 KiB) Viewed 2028 times
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu May 21, 2015 5:22 pm

A. Cotter with a Lockleys logo.. Say it isn't so!
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu May 21, 2015 5:24 pm

human_torpedo wrote:A. Cotter with a Lockleys logo.. Say it isn't so!

You'd think the people running this publication would be careful with getting simply things like spelling of names and what sides they played for correct! :shock:

Not like it's difficult - go to sportingpulse :roll:

*edit* - guess that's one less Ingle Farm will need to worry about Saturday then :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 21, 2015 5:41 pm

HT - that transfer to Lockleys has to put his cricket situation into question, surely?

Zartan...how many logos are there across that publication? Even with the best intention of getting everyone right, it's not that hard for one wrong one to slip through.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby marbles » Thu May 21, 2015 5:49 pm

6 smithden players

6 lockleys players

& St Peters in the ruck ;)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:

Well said - a forum is a place where these things should be able to be discussed - however, as we're all aware, there are always those keyboard warriors (like LGIL) that will take any opportunity to have a pot shot or will post crap to try and get another club into trouble which is when I have to step in to, if nothing else, protect the clubs from the crap.

I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

Hmm?

When have I ever posted anything to get a club into trouble? I will call out stupidity, ignorance and overbearing, compromised or conflicted league officials, but I don't aim to take pot shots at clubs.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Footy Chick » Thu May 21, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah but you do love a general crack at the league though. Cant deny that...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby cracka » Thu May 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Yeah but you do love a general crack at the league though. Cant deny that...

Not just SAAFL either.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League